[pics]zsnes not detecting/registering buttons

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

klyech

[pics]zsnes not detecting/registering buttons

Post by klyech »

Alrighty so im using a gp wiz 40 control board for my arcade controls, all the buttons work in control panel->game controllers/mame/other emulators except zsnes... i hit the buttons in the input config but it doesnt't register anything at all.
I'm not using any 3rd party programs or anything just the normal xp drivers it installed when i plugged it in. Heres a pic to show what im going for.

none of the buttons 17 and up register :(
Anyone know how to fix this?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: [pics]zsnes not detecting/registering buttons

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

My bet is ZSNES doesn't support more than 16 gamepad/joystick buttons.
I don't guess the Wiz40 offers keyboard emulation as an option?
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

ZSNESW does support full X/Y/Z/X Rotation/Y Rotation/Z Rotation, but only if SetProperty(DIPROP_RANGE,...) doesn't fail.

And yes, it does only supports up to 16 buttons, even though it uses the minimum DIJOYSTATE that supports up to 32 buttons. This is due to a limitation of ZSNES itself, which does not support more than 32 keys per device, the first 16 (of which 14 are used) are the direction states of the various axes, while the latter 16 are the buttons.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

i wish have keyboard that act like a gamepad that allow 32+ keys/buttons to pressed, recoginzed, processed properly...