my guy wont stop going in the up and left direction:(

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

komodoking

my guy wont stop going in the up and left direction:(

Post by komodoking »

Hi Folks!!!

Just got another TOMEE SNES USB controller but i seem to be having trouble with my character's (in any game) movement. He keeps going up and to the left ]the instant i press on the d pad. I Have a macbook, and ive config. the controller gamepad to give up, down, left and right their own keys (i.e. i inputted them using the controller) but the second i start playing or load a new game the character wont stop walking in the Northwest direction. I can get say megaman to run right and down (duck) when i press those directions (every button responds) but when i let everything go he is still stuck going up and to the left.

Its like the key are stuck....

Could any of you help me? I really do love the zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator) should i download another emulator (do you know one?)) and maybe i might have luck?????
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: my guy wont stop going in the up and left direction:(

Post by badinsults »

Sounds like you need to reconfigure your gamepad. If you have already done so, have you checked your controller config?
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Yuber
Trooper

Re: my guy wont stop going in the up and left direction:(

Post by Yuber »

I suppose you could try to re-calibrate your pad if that's the issue, but if you absolutely can't get it to work properly in ZSNES, SNES9x 1.5.3 is a great alternative although it's a much slower emulator. Unless your PC is REALLY old it should run fine. If you choose 9x make sure to DL either the 32 or 64-bit version depending on your OS/PC. The 64-bit version specifically says x64 and the regular version is the 32-bit version.