Help me make my netplay work please!:(

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Maku

Help me make my netplay work please!:(

Post by Maku »

Okay, I'm just going to say this right now before I explain my problem... Sorry for asking stupid questions!:D I read some threads here and on other forums about trying and I couldn't make it work..

Anyways, I have portforwarded port 7845 for TCP and UDP, my friend hasn't portforwarded though, does she need to? Also, weve tried using Hamachi as well as zBattle (I port forwarded port 4000 too for that, and again she hasn't) but still cannot connect. Do you need to port forward for Hamachi still?

When we try to connect if either of us hosts it, zsnes just says "Waiting for client..." and doesn't ever find her.

Extra info:
ZSNES v1.42
ports forwarded: 7845(TCP+UDP) 4000(Cant remember..)
Comp specs:(mine) quad core i7 2.0ghz, 16GB ram, OS: win7
Comp specs:(hers) dualcore 2.2ghz, 4GB ram, OS: win7

Anything else I need to add?:( And thanks for helping!:)
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Help me make my netplay work please!:(

Post by odditude »

Maku wrote:does she need to?
yes.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Maku

Re: Help me make my netplay work please!:(

Post by Maku »

odditude wrote:
Maku wrote:does she need to?
yes.
Even for Hamachi? Or just to play without?

Also I tried to play with another friend and if he hosted the game I could connect to him and get into chat, but after he launches a game it would crash. And if I hosted the game it wouldn't ever connect. Am I doing something wrong?D:

Edit: Me and the first friend can connect by unchecking the UDP box if she hosts, but if I host it wont connect still (using hamachi) and after she hosts it crashes while she runs the game. And were both using the exact same version of the game as I sent her it on msn. Also we decided to just try to make it work with Hamachi as that sounds easier, do we need to port forward for using it on Hamachi still?

Thanks again. ><