SRM Netplay Doesn't Work?

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Jawid

SRM Netplay Doesn't Work?

Post by Jawid »

This isn't a Ports forwarding issue, or me asking for when 2.0 is coming out.

First off, both my friend and I are using 1.42n. We're using the exact same roms from the same website. Both of our paths to the emulator/roms/saves are simple without spaces in them.

Mine: D:\Emulation\zsnes1.42n\roms\
Hers: C:\zsnes1.4n\roms\

My friend and I have been playing games over Netplay together and it's been a blast. We decided to play Final Fantasy 2 and suddenly an issue arose. If I choose to set the save data to either Local or Remote zsnes crashes and we both need to restart it. If I set the save data to "none" the game loads up fine and we can play. I can save the game through normal means and we both receive the .srm file but I can't load up that file because if I choose either local or remote zsnes crashes. Choosing none at that point just starts the game over from the beginning again.

I figured I could get around the issue by maybe saving/loading states. I can save the state at any point in the game, but when I try to load it up and it attempts to transfer the state to my friend she receives a connection fail error and zsnes crashes on both of us. I also manually sent her the .zst (save state) file to see if that would work when I tried to load the state but it also failed + crashed the emulator.

Now, I've been reading some of the other threads before I came in here, and I've been reading that some people actually got Seiken Densetsu 3 working properly and they played together. Well I tried that also, and it didn't work. Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy 2, Kirby Super Star, all of those games refuse to load up if I choose either local or remote. Those games all require the .srm files to save the data.

There's not really much point playing if I can't choose a save data. Obviously some people were able to get their games to work, and I would like to do the same.

I know these forums aren't exactly densely populated but any help at all (aside from telling me to wait for 2.0) would be appreciated.

Thanks.