How can I obtain the ZSNES source code from SVN?

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Poobah
Lurker

How can I obtain the ZSNES source code from SVN?

Post by Poobah »

How can I obtain the ZSNES source using the SVN command-line program?

EDIT: Never mind; I think I've worked it out now.

EDIT: Can I just use "svn update" in the same directory as the one I did the checkout in to update to the latest revisions of all the files?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

yes... also why not use zget v3? (it does all the work for you)
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Poobah
Lurker

Post by Poobah »

Because it is aimed at people who don't know much about computers or programming. I don't want to have a program automatically download tens of megabytes of compilers and libraries that I already have.

"All the work" is pretty-much three or four OS commands.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Poobah wrote:Because it is aimed at people who don't know much about computers or programming.
It's actually aimed for pagefault who when in school wants to be able to sit down at any PC and be able to develop for ZSNES without hunting down file after file.
If it wasn't for development, I wouldn't be including grep, gdb, diff, patch, and all that other stuff.

And since I'm doing it anyway, I figured might as well make it simple as possible for everyone else.

Also from what I've seen here, nobody seems to be able to follow instructions, and downloads the wrong versions of stuff, or doesn't even bother to lookup the proper build steps, and then complains it's not possible to build on Windows, or errors they are getting.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Naelphin »

When i try to use zget, it always starts to search at c: , no matter what path I have it at.

I've used the mingw installer, and when it finally finds my gcc, it says that the installation is invalid. Yet I can check it out manually and compile with ease. I'm using the current full installer, 5.0.2.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You obviously have not been using ZGet3... start here: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7356

Zget ideally wants to use the MinGW distributed by that system... so the "invalid" version message is there... obviously it won't stop you from compiling...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

it checks for a valid zMinGW install. A valid MinGW install is only a fraction of zMinGW.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.