Steam Summer Sale 2012

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

sweener2001
Inmate

Steam Summer Sale 2012

Post by sweener2001 »

Anybody going crazy this time around?

My only full game purchase will be Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition when it hits 75% off. I have also picked up missing DLC for Sanctum and Orcs Must Die!
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
blackmyst
Zealot

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2012

Post by blackmyst »

I see a lot of my friends spend a whole lot of time playing awful games, just because they were on sale. Either that or they hoard up on them without even touching them, a gigantic steam library with pages upon pages of shitty games left unplayed. What a waste.

For me a game is worth spending my precious time on or it's not. Price in dollars has little to do with it. I don't care much for Steam sales, unless it's a really great deal for a game I happen to be looking for.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

So far I bought Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Alan Wake Franchise. Both were $10 at one point, which were a steal. I don't know what else to get at this point though.

Also, you'll have a fun time with Orcs Must Die! I can't wait for the sequel to come out.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

blackmyst wrote:I see a lot of my friends spend a whole lot of time playing awful games, just because they were on sale. Either that or they hoard up on them without even touching them, a gigantic steam library with pages upon pages of shitty games left unplayed. What a waste.

For me a game is worth spending my precious time on or it's not. Price in dollars has little to do with it. I don't care much for Steam sales, unless it's a really great deal for a game I happen to be looking for.
That's just it for me. i'm not able to get every game i want on release, sometimes ever. and in the case fallout NV, i waited for a collected edition, and then i waited for a sale. 10 bucks worked out great for me. as did 75% off the dlc for the other two games i mentioned.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I bought Ridge Racer Underground because it was stupid cheap and apparently actually good.
It seems to borrow heavily from Split/Second, which is something I greatly approve of.

Also Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, because it was a cheap enough way to get the last two expansion packs.
(I have the game and first two expansions on disks, and wasn't paying full price for another copy of the game to get the last two, nor going through 2k's webstore.)
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:I bought Ridge Racer Underground because it was stupid cheap and apparently actually good.
It seems to borrow heavily from Split/Second, which is something I greatly approve of.

Also Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition, because it was a cheap enough way to get the last two expansion packs.
(I have the game and first two expansions on disks, and wasn't paying full price for another copy of the game to get the last two, nor going through 2k's webstore.)
i'm in a similar boat with DA:O on 360. the content i'm missing is now more expensive than the ultimate edition. i almost just bought it on pc for even less since that's where i own DA2.