Preconfigured build environment for SVN?

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Hyos
Regular

Preconfigured build environment for SVN?

Post by Hyos »

Hi,

especially for Nach: Is there a preconfigured build environment for SVC? Or does the old one work with SVC? I believe the old one was designed with CVS in mind.
Last edited by Hyos on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: Preconfigured build environment for SVC?

Post by Nach »

Hyos wrote:Hi,
especially for Nach: Is there a preconfigured build environment for SVC?
What the heck is SVC?
Hyos wrote: Or does the old one work with SVC? I believe the old one was designed with CVS in mind.
If you mean SVN, ZSNES isn't using SVN yet, and zget uses other programs, switching simply means replacing cvs.exe with svn.exe.
Also regarding zget, I currently have it on my overhaul list.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Re: Preconfigured build environment for SVC?

Post by Hyos »

Nach wrote:
Hyos wrote:Hi,
especially for Nach: Is there a preconfigured build environment for SVC?
What the heck is SVC?
Hyos wrote: Or does the old one work with SVC? I believe the old one was designed with CVS in mind.
If you mean SVN, ZSNES isn't using SVN yet, and zget uses other programs, switching simply means replacing cvs.exe with svn.exe.
Also regarding zget, I currently have it on my overhaul list.
Oops. Yes I meant SVN. I thought you have switched over from CVS to SVN on SourceForge?

EDIT: Because of this:
pagefault wrote:As of this evening we have moved to subversion. The CVS repository will either be shut down or not be updated. Thanks.

If you do not know how to get copies of the source using subversion it would be a good idea to start reading how:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#co-svn
Bahamut_ZERO_Clue

Post by Bahamut_ZERO_Clue »

Just a question as I rarily understand the need to move networks and stuff around as what is working and working well should be left alone but is there are REAL advantage or reason why switch to SVN from CVS? Any differences or did CVS pull an XFree86 and go to a license less compatible with Open Source Software?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

The simple purpose of moving from CVS -> SVN as I understood it was the fact you can see the actual code differences between releases so you can identify the bugs/changes better. Nothing fundamentally has changed.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...