Post v1.42 ZSNES WIPs

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Oh so they have done some? Well I guess it just isn't complete yet then. It still locks up like it always has in the WIP releases though. I'll just play it with my older version of zsnes till then. ;)
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You do remove the .dat and .cfg files when using the WIPs right?
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

It's always nice when there's a decrease in the exectuable size, although I don't know if that's a result of less source code, different compiling, or a more compressed exe.

EDIT: Obviously the addition of the NTSC filter to ZSNES is not yet complete, but is the NTSC filter designed to work with other filters? I would assume not. Because, right now, the NTSC filter checkbox is not included with the rest of the filters for having only one selected at a time. Although, I remember hearing talk of splitting out the filters into a new window, so maybe the filters could be made into a radio-button list.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Deathlike2 wrote:You do remove the .dat and .cfg files when using the WIPs right?
Ah, I'm pretty good about doing that. :D I've been using zsnes since the ye old dos versions. Before Pagefault and all the other new devs were around.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Quick note to ipher:

The website says the WIP version is 3/8/06, the internal version in ZSNES says 3/8/06, but yet the zip file, changes.txt file, and the quick ZSNES WIP download link/file name both says 3/7... and the ZSNES specific section of the WIP site doesn't appear to be updated...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

we already spoke about this deathlike2.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Man ipher, where are you?

To everyone else, got some interesting updates in CVS...
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

ZSNES March 19 WIP is now available at ipher's WIP site.

* ALL: Updated DSP-1 support. [Nach]
* ALL: DSP-3 support (thanks Jonas Quinn for fixing a bug in processing code). [Overload, Feather, Nach]
* ALL: Workaround to fix crashing of certain games (Sim City Pal and Super Tetris 2 + Bombliss) on resolution change. [Jonas Quinn]
* ALL: Fixed bug where loading game changes frame skip settings. [Nach]
* ALL: Fixed game title in SPC files for EHi Roms. [Jonas Quinn]
* ALL: Fixed strange sprite priority bugs after switch to window/fullscreen. [Jonas Quinn]
* ALL: Removed Mario Kart rear view mirror hack. [Nach]
* WIN: Fixed safe_popen() for MSVC. [Jonas Quinn]
* WIN: Fixed some colour problems that came up occasionally. [Jonas Quinn]
* GUI: Fixed shadow in F1 Menu. [Jonas Quinn]
* GUI: Fixed special case horizon (Thanks Dan, Motley). [Nach]
* MOV: Made audio options disappear when they wouldn't do anything. [Nach]
* MOV: Optimized WAV writing. [Nach]
* MOV: Defaults now produce smaller AVIs. [Nach]
* SRC: Ported setnoise to C. [Jonas Quinn]
* SRC: Fixed some warnings. [Jonas Quinn]
* SRC: Added a check to custom popen() (Thanks Bisqwit.) [Nach]
* SRC: Cleanup. [Nach, Jonas Quinn]
* SRC: Source is GPL v2 only. [Nach]
* DOC: Updated source docs a bit. [pagefault, Nach]
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.
ZSNES Developer

Post by ipher »

Sorry, ive been house-sitting my parents house, with no real internet :(

3/19/06
ALL: Updated DSP-1 support. [Nach]
ALL: DSP-3 support (thanks Jonas Quinn for fixing a bug in processing code). [Overload, Feather, Nach]
ALL: Workaround to fix crashing of certain games (Sim City Pal and Super Tetris 2 + Bombliss) on resolution change. [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Fixed bug where loading game changes frame skip settings. [Nach]
ALL: Fixed game title in SPC files for EHi Roms. [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Fixed strange sprite priority bugs after switch to window/fullscreen. [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Removed Mario Kart rear view mirror hack. [Nach]
WIN: Fixed safe_popen() for MSVC. [Jonas Quinn]
WIN: Fixed some colour problems that came up occasionally. [Jonas Quinn]
GUI: Fixed shadow in F1 Menu. [Jonas Quinn]
GUI: Fixed special case horizon (Thanks Dan, Motley). [Nach]
MOV: Made audio options disappear when they wouldn't do anything. [Nach]
MOV: Optimized WAV writing. [Nach]
MOV: Defaults now produce smaller AVIs. [Nach]
SRC: Ported setnoise to C. [Jonas Quinn]
SRC: Fixed some warnings. [Jonas Quinn]
SRC: Added a check to custom popen() (Thanks Bisqwit.) [Nach]
SRC: Cleanup. [Nach, Jonas Quinn]
SRC: Source is GPL v2 only. [Nach]
DOC: Updated source docs a bit. [pagefault, Nach]
[url=http://www.ipherswipsite.com]ipher's WIP Site[/url]
KingHanco
Hazed

Post by KingHanco »

Dam... the merged is huge. It about 21.0mb. Unless the dump movie option is broken again and did a media file instead of the avi file. It was working right when Nach release the one last time and the avi was way smaller than that huge file. Let me know what is up with this. :shock:
"Zsnes is the best one there is." :)
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Which options did you check KingHanco?

Post by KingHanco »

Nach wrote:Which options did you check KingHanco?
XVID lossless

Audio
Compress
Audio in video
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

How long of a video?

Post by KingHanco »

Nach wrote:How long of a video?
Edit: I take that back on how long it been record. It record about 2:39 minutes. I check just now by point at the movie file. Lufia & The Fortress of Doom (U) - startup to the end of the title screen. :)

Edit: Your zsnesw-mov 0317 is much better on the dump movie. There is a bug on the ZSNESW_0319. I did make the 0319 here and it the same problem which I check just incase. I don't know what he been doing with the source.
ipher
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by ipher »

Lots of new stuff in only 10 days!

3/29/06
ALL: Clock can now be set to 12 hour instead of 24. [pagefault]
ALL: Fixed FPS display for >99. [grinvader]
ALL: FPS now aware of slow motion. [grinvader]
ALL: Devices handling improved. [Nach]
ALL: Integrated C OBC-1 code. Metal Combat doesn't have any graphical problems anymore (Thanks Nach). [Jonas Quinn]
ALL: Set minimum rewind interval to 200ms. [grinvader]
ALL: Some timing tweaks, should fix some issues with games running too slow. [pagefault]
W_S: Can now use two mice for different pointers. [pagefault, Nach]
W_S: Using ManyMouse library [pagefault, Nach]
WIN: NTSC filter integrated. [grinvader, pagefault]
WIN: Can now use optimizations on winlink.cpp [Jonas Quinn]
SDL: Fixed issues with 3 button mice. [Nach]
SDL: Changing Axis sensitivity. [gard]
SDL: Buffer refresh fixes. Switching fullscreen with filters on should now work correctly. [grinvader]
MOV: Wav writing can now do Mono! [Nach]
GUI: Added tabs, see new input menu and video menu. [grinvader]
GUI: Cleaned up misc keys. [Nach]
GUI: Fixed a key repeating bug when changing resolutions. [grinvader]
GUI: Can now choose screen mode with enter key. [grinvader]
PSR: Improved hex handling. [Nach]
SRC: Updated copywrites. [Nach, Jonas Quinn]
SRC: Cleanup and dead code removal. [Nach, Jonas Quinn, grinvader, pagefault]
SRC: Fixed more MSVC warnings. [Jonas Quinn]
[url=http://www.ipherswipsite.com]ipher's WIP Site[/url]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Holy shit. Great job, devs!
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Wow, a WIP before my birthday... :)

nice :D
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

If you have a line at the top of the screen when using the NTSC filter this is a known problem which went out the door with the WIP without any chance to fix it. It has been fixed in CVS.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Hmmm, I love the smell of WIPs in the morning. Great work.

Edit: will there be an option to enable or disable scanlines with the NTSC filter? And also, when scanlines are enabled, will the NTSC mode be able to be pushed to a vertical ratio where the scanlines don't get interpolated?

In the previous test version of Zsnes that had NTSC, if I'd enable scanlines with it, it wouldn't make a difference (scanlines would be there regardless) except for the fact that the vertical resolution would be resized the way scanline modes usually are, which made it much prettier. I'm assuming 640x480 DS full, btw.

I just noticed that the NTSC mode still stretches to full screen even when setting an R mode. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Tabs are nice. :D And I realise I've been waiting for the ability to select video modes with enter for a long time now.

The slowdown problem still seems to exist (using the yellow switch palace in SMW as an indicator).
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

blackmyst wrote:will there be an option to enable or disable scanlines with the NTSC filter?
As per pagefault's specs, the usual scanlines options are incompatible with the ntsc filter.
I just noticed that the NTSC mode still stretches to full screen even when setting an R mode. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Since it scales the base res from 512 to 600x448, the R aspect ratio (1.34) is close to the S setting (1.33).
Tabs are nice. :D And I realise I've been waiting for the ability to select video modes with enter for a long time now.
You're welcome. Checks and credit cards accepted. ^^;
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

You know, selecting the tabs in the input window with the corresponding number keys would be great. :)

Just an idea though, not a request.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

creaothceann wrote:You know, selecting the tabs in the input window with the corresponding number keys would be great. :)

Just an idea though, not a request.
Use the tab key. I don't plan on adding any other hotkey support because my tab macro just fucking rocks.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Ah, didn't know that. Nice! :o
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
byuu

Post by byuu »

I noticed some problems with the FPS counter in the latest WIP. I was happy to see it finally displays numbers >99, and was eager to weep at just how many FPS ZSNES can push on my PC. However, when disabling auto frame rate, the FPS counter disappears no matter what I try.
I can adjust the emulation speed, but I get weird results. Setting to 2x speed I get 15/60 fps, setting to 3x I get ~185fps and the number constantly appears and then disappears.
grinvader wrote:Since it scales the base res from 512 to 600x448, the R aspect ratio (1.34) is close to the S setting (1.33).
If the video mode is off by even a pixel, it will interpolate the entire image. Since you're using DirectDraw, that means a linear filter is applied vertically as well as horizontally. This is the reason I use x224 multiplies now, even in fullscreen mode. Though I have no doubt people will complain that the image does not fill the entire screen even though it can be customized to for fullscreen 4:3 monitors if desired.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

byuu wrote:I noticed some problems with the FPS counter in the latest WIP. I was happy to see it finally displays numbers >99, and was eager to weep at just how many FPS ZSNES can push on my PC. However, when disabling auto frame rate, the FPS counter disappears no matter what I try.
I can adjust the emulation speed, but I get weird results. Setting to 2x speed I get 15/60 fps, setting to 3x I get ~185fps and the number constantly appears and then disappears.
The FPS counter relies on auto frame rate being on. This is how it has been functioning for the longest time.