ZsnexBox 2.98 Released

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

snes6502
Rookie

ZsnexBox 2.98 Released

Post by snes6502 »

ZsnexBox 2.98

What's new:

-Added Lightgun support for Super Scope games. The buttons are mapped to the lightgun A (the trigger) and B Buttons.

-Added Lightgun calibration for 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. The calibration settings are saved to the Xbox hard drive in the TDATA folder. On my Xbox it is the E:\TDATA\00000000 folder. I haven’t tested the lightgun in HD modes, but it should work fine. If not, please post what happens, and I will look into fixing it.

-Added support for the lightgun in any of the 4 Xbox controller ports.

-Added option to use the crosshair with the lightgun.

-Added option to enable/disable force feedback for the lightgun. This is connected to the trigger.

-Added options to control the Lightgun rumble strength and time

-Added support for 10x11 pixel aspect ratio for the GUI and the emulation

-Added a loading screen for switching skins.

Note:
I was going to add more to this release (like support for more than 16 skins), but I got the lightgun working recently so I wanted to get this out.

I added a "Placeholder.txt" file to all empty folders. This is so FTP programs will transfer the folders to the Xbox. If this does not affect you, then you can delete these files.

Installation:

This is a full install. Copy to the Xbox and run default.xbe to start.

Upgrade:

DELETE YOUR PREVIOUS ZsnexBox.ini. If you don't, ALL kinds of strange things will happen.

Thanks
-Xport for help and code for the lightgun support.
-Anyone I forgot.

You can read more about it here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php? ... pic=551744
Last edited by snes6502 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

schweet. must. revive. xbox.
Mike
ZBoard Prince

Post by Mike »

That's cool. I'm not an xbox fan though. There's alot of emulation being ported to xbox nowdays. That sucks that I had a few chances to get one and I didn't, I regret that.
**Prince of the Zsnes board**
*Smash Champ*
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

I'm going to be buying an Xbox soon, so this is great. Thanks, snes :).
DaddyLongLegs
Rookie

Post by DaddyLongLegs »

Hey, I am the guy who donated the modded XBox to pagefault to get this going. So glad to see this started. I haven't had a chance to play it but I am already hearing sound is better than xsnes9x. The other reason I felt this needed to be made for XBox was the image quality on xsnes9x sucks because while they were smart enough to put simplex2 as a filter, they didn't allow different blur levels. No blur and the game is too jittery, too much blur (which xsnes9x has) and the games are, well, way blurrier than on a real SNES. I loved the NES, Genesis, Master System, etc ports on XBox because image quality is perfect.

When ZSNES for XBox has simple x2 with selectable blur (0-5 should be fine) and hopefully the different drawing methods, I will shed a tear of joy.
DataPath
Lurker

Post by DataPath »

Any chance of the code base getting cleaned up for merging in with the regular ZSNES codebase?

Or is that verboten because of the toolchain required for releases for XBox?
Marmitt

Post by Marmitt »

Awesome work. Keep the updates coming!
XBox v1.0 TSOP X2 5035 0.2
PS2 v12 DMS4Pro S.E. ToxicOS 0.41
RaWr

Post by RaWr »

where do i get the link?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

RaWr wrote:where do i get the link?
Care to at least read the Original Post?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
RaWr

Post by RaWr »

i read all of the topic on xbox-scene i havent found no link(the topic that was provided in his post)
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

RaWr wrote:i read all of the topic on xbox-scene i havent found no link(the topic that was provided in his post)
The download is probably kept at a "hidden" place due to legal reasons. Try searching Google.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

RaWr wrote:i havent found no link
Double negations as single negations make your english great. Keep it up kiddo.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
RaWr

Post by RaWr »

hey nvm, i found the "usual places". Good thing to xbox scene having an explination to that. Anywho..good emulator! its nice. I have one request though...in the near future would starfox 2 be supported? I'm just wonderin
snes6502
Rookie

Post by snes6502 »

RaWr wrote:hey nvm, i found the "usual places". Good thing to xbox scene having an explination to that. Anywho..good emulator! its nice. I have one request though...in the near future would starfox 2 be supported? I'm just wonderin

Don't ask me. Ask pagefault, NACh, and all the other developers. I'm not one of the coders. Just the porter.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

RaWr wrote:hey nvm, i found the "usual places". Good thing to xbox scene having an explination to that. Anywho..good emulator! its nice. I have one request though...in the near future would starfox 2 be supported? I'm just wonderin
Near future? Probably not.. especially when this game was not ever released to the public.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
RaWr

Post by RaWr »

Yeah your right but still... it'd make zsnes users that are starfox fans happy.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I'm not really that much into xbox, but my friend had has xbox modded so now he can play EVERY supernintendo game on the xbox system. I'm not too thrilled about it because you can emulate on your computer, but apparently all he had to do was pick a game from the selection list on the xbox and played it..... so I'm guessing that the zsnesxbox is what he used to be able to emulate it on the xbox.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

RaWr wrote:Yeah your right but still... it'd make zsnes users that are starfox fans happy.
Mmm.. sounds a bit selfish there though.

This is not the thread for it, but I'm told that game does work in ZSNES. You are probably not using the latest WIP that has it working...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
snes6502
Rookie

Post by snes6502 »

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) there is no version of ZSNES (with code available) that plays it correctly. It either has screen flashing or it crashes fairly early in the game. However, there was a version I had a couple years ago that was built to specificlly play this game correctly.
RaWr

Post by RaWr »

well off the starfox stuff... the emulator is good! Just a bug and thats about it, the rest? works 100% fine =P.

In Illution of gaia at the itory dungeon I play the melody of wind in the room full of golden blocks. A block starts to glow as it should but when I step on it a door dosent appear.

just wanted to point that out.
snes6502
Rookie

Post by snes6502 »

Did you try this in the 2-28-05 WIP build? If it does it there, then there's not much I can do to fix it.
momotaro
Rookie

Post by momotaro »

I have got the ZsnexBox 1.3

The emulator don't start in folder D:\roms

The emulator start in folder E:\Apps\ZsnexBox 1.3\roms

When change to D:\roms through the emulator this read and emulate perfectly the games.

I have got a external dvd-lector LG-8163B (run perfectly ever). Is this the reason of the problem?

The format of my dvd is:

- DVD+RW
- UDF (UDF/ISO too)
- Xbox Compatible Format
- Burn with Nero 7.x
- Roms in zip files in D:\roms
- Etc.

P.D.: Good Work!!! :mrgreen:
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

New version is released. Check the usual place.
Spectro

Post by Spectro »

I'm guessing this does not work with the Xbox 360. Are there any plans for a Xbox 360 version?
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Spectro wrote:I'm guessing this does not work with the Xbox 360. Are there any plans for a Xbox 360 version?
You should probably ask snes6502 directly. We do not provide any kind of support for this port.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.