About custom resolutions, fullscreen and stretch...

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

vigi_lante
Rookie

About custom resolutions, fullscreen and stretch...

Post by vigi_lante »

Is there any reason why ZSNES always stretch the picture when using a custom resolution in fullscreen (or anyother predefined resolution) ?

It's not possible to just use fullscreen, without stretch ?

Thanks.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

The custom res modes are all S. If you don't want stretch, don't use any S mode.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by xamenus »

Latest SVN has a "Keep 4:3 ratio" option which should get rid of the stretch.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Sometimes I wonder if vigi_lante pays attention to the legend that is already in the emulator... :roll:

After implementing the 4:3 ratio option.. I have even less interest to add in the R modes.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
vigi_lante
Rookie

Post by vigi_lante »

Oh, well...first let me say that I'm trying to use ZSNES, on a 4:3 TV, with 256x240 (that's supported by my video card).

This "Keep 4:3 Ratio" dont solve the problem. The picture looks like its vertically stretched. I can see the difference if I compare with SNES9x. Maybe the aspect ratio is right, but software stretch degrade the picture.

Anyway, I was just wondering, since ZSNES is the only emulator that works like this.

The custom res modes are all S. If you don't want stretch, don't use any S mode.
So I would not be able to use custom res modes.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Keep 4:3 ratio has a minimum requirement of 320x240...
vigi_lante wrote:So I would not be able to use custom res modes.
Zero motivation on my end to enable low res stuff.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
vigi_lante
Rookie

Post by vigi_lante »

No problem.

Thanks.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'll probably have the custom R modes implemented at some point this week. If what you see doesn't make you happy, I can't do much more for you ArcadeVGA folks except put in some stupid hack or something... and if I'd have to add in a hack... no thanks, I won't do it. It's not worth it for lowres.. EVER.