Save State Trouble (1.42 win)

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Rashidi
Trooper

Save State Trouble (1.42 win)

Post by Rashidi »

I'm using ZSNES 1.42 win
I encountered problem with save-state: loading save state is not correct:
Steps:
  • 1. I'm playing Treasure Hunter G (T-Eng / Metalhawk)
    2. In second city after getting the monkey (Ponga), inside city - not inside the building, i made a save state (let's call it SS-#A).
    3. If i exit the city to overworld-map, then load the SS-#A, in the city, the player can-not exit the city nor enter the building.
    4. Reset the game, and load the SS-#A, the player now able to exit the city, but something is wrong. If i returned to gramps house, the game somehow restart in first wake-up scene, but you keep ponga (he can even participated in battle at cave).
Step #3 and #4, doesn't occur when i use SNES9X, so it's definetly bug in ZSNES 1.42 win.
I have delete all *.zs?, *.srm just re-confirm the above steps.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Did you enable SRAM in save states?
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by grinvader »

Ah yes, the scenario-script-counter-in-sram thing. I love it.

Load sram with states will fix it. On older zsnes versions, use movie-states.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Rashidi
Trooper

Another trouble

Post by Rashidi »

There are another "problem" i have encounterd with save state: (v1.42 win)

if i specified location for save-state other than ZSNESW.EXE directory (or path),
the save state file (*.zs?) will some time palced in location i specified (which is correct), but some-time save state file will also placed in ZSNESW.exe directory.

for example:
(a). ZSNESW.exe in "D:\GAMES\EMU\SNES"
(b). Save path in "D:\GAMES\EMU\SNES\SAVES"
(c). Roms in "D:\GAMES\EMU\SNES\ROMS"

Save State file will some time placed in (a) which is incorrect, but save state will also placed in (b). I have no idea what cause it.

So for now, i just specify Save path to (a), not to (b). No trouble with this setting, just the files seems clutter...

----------------
I think 10 save state + Auto saveState is too few.
How about allowing user to determinie savestate's filename, with simple open/save file-dialog?

VisualBoy Advance (the GBA emulator) is configurable to use both numbered-save state and file-naming save state.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Re: Another trouble

Post by Deathlike2 »

Rashidi wrote:There are another "problem" i have encounterd with save state: (v1.42 win)

if i specified location for save-state other than ZSNESW.EXE directory (or path),
the save state file (*.zs?) will some time palced in location i specified (which is correct), but some-time save state file will also placed in ZSNESW.exe directory.

for example:
(a). ZSNESW.exe in "D:\GAMES\EMU\SNES"
(b). Save path in "D:\GAMES\EMU\SNES\SAVES"
(c). Roms in "D:\GAMES\EMU\SNES\ROMS"

Save State file will some time placed in (a) which is incorrect, but save state will also placed in (b). I have no idea what cause it.

So for now, i just specify Save path to (a), not to (b). No trouble with this setting, just the files seems clutter...
There's many issues in the path. If you use the latest WIP (9/5) this stuff is resolved.

----------------
I think 10 save state + Auto saveState is too few.
How about allowing user to determinie savestate's filename, with simple open/save file-dialog?

VisualBoy Advance (the GBA emulator) is configurable to use both numbered-save state and file-naming save state.
Do you really need more than 10 savestates? Not that some of your suggestions couldn't be added, but there are more important things to be added after all.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...