Request - Custom Resolution with fixed Ratio

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

SailorSat

Request - Custom Resolution with fixed Ratio

Post by SailorSat »

Hi.
As I've seen the newer WIP builds feature custom resolutions (at last), but sadly none with fixed aspect ratio.

See I'm running my SNES Emulation on an ArcadeVGA Card in 512x240 Pixels and the image gets stretched verticaly.

I can work around the stretch if i enable 25% scanlines, although the picture gets somewhat darker (25% ;)).

I'd really love to see a custom resolution DR-Mode (keep aspect).

Thanks, bye :)
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Define "fixed aspect ratio". You need to be much more clear than this.

There's already a Keep4_3Ratio in SVN... go to http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7371 for more info.

R/DR means 8:7 ratio btw. Keep4_3 is specifically for S/DS/Custom Windowed modes.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
SailorSat

Post by SailorSat »

Well yeah.
As said, I'm using an ArcadeVGA which natively supports various Arcade and Console Resolutions.

The Problem is, for some reason the cards has a vertical minimum of 240 lines, and afaik the SNES only uses 224 lines.

However, my problem is quite easy.

I've set up a custom resolution of 512x240 pixel, and try to play Secret of Mana, hence its quite good as an example.
So the picture is nice and clean in horizonal ways, but some lines gets doubled vertically so the 224 base image fits into the 240 line video mode.

the only way to disable that behaviour so far was to use scanlines, which disabled vertical stretching.

Well yeah I'll check out the svn build, maybe tweak some lines here and there and (if it works ^^) submit the changes.
Kernel
Rookie

Post by Kernel »

Same problem here.
The problem disappears if I enable 25% scanlines, although the picture gets darker.

Any way to fix this?

Thx in advance
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

Please don't revive old threads unless you have something to add that doesn't make you look like a moron.