zget 4

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

jdratlif
Regular

Post by jdratlif »

Sho wrote:I was resilient to use it till last week. Why was I so stubborn? It is simply amazing.
I think you're looking for reticent or reluctant, not resilient.
http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/ - CODEpendent Blog
http://games.technoplaza.net/ - Emulation Goodies
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

:oops: Why, thank you for the correction. Seems I had a misconception (not miscarriage...) about the word. One more thing I learn today.

And to stay ontopic, zget rules the metric system!
What?
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

I just wanted to say thank you for zget4 - just as a bit of random info it works beautifully on the German version of WinXP, too (zget 1 had some issues with the localized version I have).
T-Doomdays
Rookie

Post by T-Doomdays »

Thanks Nach.
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

When I run Zget, it gives me an error about how my version of GCC is invalid. I'm using the GCC that came with Dev C++, however. I tried downloading MinGW from the official site, but Zget insists on looking in the Dev C++ folder, and not the MinGW folder. Thus, I keep getting this damned error.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

jsnake wrote:When I run Zget, it gives me an error about how my version of GCC is invalid. I'm using the GCC that came with Dev C++, however. I tried downloading MinGW from the official site, but Zget insists on looking in the Dev C++ folder, and not the MinGW folder. Thus, I keep getting this damned error.
Edit the zmpath file to the MinGW folder. You should then not have the error anymore.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

Deathlike2 wrote:
jsnake wrote:When I run Zget, it gives me an error about how my version of GCC is invalid. I'm using the GCC that came with Dev C++, however. I tried downloading MinGW from the official site, but Zget insists on looking in the Dev C++ folder, and not the MinGW folder. Thus, I keep getting this damned error.
Edit the zmpath file to the MinGW folder. You should then not have the error anymore.
There doesn't seem to be a zmpath file to tell you the truth. Yes, I did download Zget from this thread.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Zget is supposed to keep looking for MinGW whether or not it is invalid..

In any case, create the file zmpath and put in it the path to MinGW..

Code: Select all

C:\path\to\MinGW\
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

Deathlike2 wrote:Zget is supposed to keep looking for MinGW whether or not it is invalid..

In any case, create the file zmpath and put in it the path to MinGW..

C:\path\to\MinGW\
Honestly, I am not all that great with computers. What kind of file should zmpath be? .txt, .exe, ect?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

There is no extension. zmpath is the name of the file. It is a text file internally.
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

Deathlike2 wrote:There is no extension. zmpath is the name of the file. It is a text file internally.
Ah.. How would I go about creating it? Obviously, I can't just create a file named 'zmpath' with nothing contained in it. Could you tell me what code goes into it?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It really is a text file w/o a .txt extension.

Just go create a text file, enter the correct path in the text file, and save it. Then rename the file to zmpath. Windows will complain about the extension but continue with it anyways. Zget should not complain anymore.
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

Deathlike2 wrote:It really is a text file w/o a .txt extension.

Just go create a text file, enter the correct path in the text file, and save it. Then rename the file to zmpath. Windows will complain about the extension but continue with it anyways. Zget should not complain anymore.
To tell you the truth, that didn't work. And yes, I did everything correctly. At least I think.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You are supposed to use the MinGW build provided by Zget.. not the ones from anywhere else... You are supposed to have downloaded zmingw4.7z via Zget and it should have been automatically extracted and installed...

If Zget hasn't been able to obtain zmingw4.7z, try http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/zmingw4.7z
jsnake
Rookie

Post by jsnake »

Deathlike2 wrote:You are supposed to use the MinGW build provided by Zget.. not the ones from anywhere else... You are supposed to have downloaded zmingw4.7z via Zget and it should have been automatically extracted and installed...

If Zget hasn't been able to obtain zmingw4.7z, try http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/zmingw4.7z
Ah, that was the problem! Thanks! :D
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

One idea. Can zget compile a build optimized for toaster architecture? :-)
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

a suggestion, can ZGET 4.x or 5.x (whatever) refer to a config file which contains the default values for each question asked and also includes the option to auto answer the questions via using the default answers specified in the config file?

edit: have it search for a file called changelog.txt and if found append to it rather then download everything... (maybe have it check the latest entry in the file first then download all subsequent changes info.... and if file isnt found download the whole change log.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Is there any direct URL to check the changelog.txt file ? I use zget each time I want to see what's new...

By the way, for super lazy people, you can just press Enter right away rather than typing "n", each time you want to answer no... :p
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

Cool, thanks.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

i know the thing about N being the default so that a blank answer will result in saying no (if you were calling me lazy)... i would just like to have control over it more so and automate it to my needs.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Stifu
Regular

Post by Stifu »

franpa wrote:i know the thing about N being the default so that a blank answer will result in saying no (if you were calling me lazy)... i would just like to have control over it more so and automate it to my needs.
I understood that. And I wasn't calling you lazy, my message wasn't meant for anyone in particular... And I *am* lazy. :p
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

ok, sorry about that.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

If you want to automate it, create zget.txt, in it place the choices you want each line by itself.

For example:
Y
N
N
Y
Y
Y

Make sure you have a new line after the last one.
Once you're done, create zget.bat, in it place:
@zget.exe < zget.txt

Now running zget.bat will automate the entire question answering process.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by franpa »

oooh, thanks very very much, greatly appreciate it.
---
edit - small bug... it doesnt show each question on its own line in zget when automating... and it didnt answer the question about up-x with a Y.

Y
N
N
Y
Y
N
Y
N
Y