Seiken Densetsu 3 Netplay problems

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

NotRegret

Seiken Densetsu 3 Netplay problems

Post by NotRegret »

Ok we have each other's IP, both are correct, we are using the same port.

If my brother hosts the server he finds me, but all other things just have one of stuck on the connecting step and one of us stuck on the waiting step.

BTW he lives in Florida and I live in California.

How do I get it to work?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

This sounds like a firewall/router issue... otherwise you both are probably not using the same protocol (TCP is recommended though).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
genesis_SOC

Post by genesis_SOC »

I'm having trouble with netplay too.. I wanna' play SD3 as well, with my girlfriend, but we can't ever connect to each other. we're using 7845 as the port, I give her my IP, I start the server with UDP checked, she connects with UDP checked, and nothing happens. Zsnes doesn't get that "frozen" look like it does without UDP checked, and it just sits there. nothing happens. so we try it un-checked, she'll freeze for a bit then get a message "Failed to connect to other side", so I try my different IPs and none of them work. I'd prefer a chat than forums, please >_>

oh, and she turned her firewall off allready and I made exceptions for zsnes, and both UDP and TCP ports 7845. Zsnes versions are both 1.42.

EDIT: then we try different versions of zsnes. we both use VPRE 1.43, and experience the exact same problems...
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

genesis_SOC wrote:I'd prefer a chat than forums, please >_>
on IRC:
server: irc.freenode.net
port: 6667
channel: #zsnes

also you guys might wanna try 1.42n which is based off 2/12/2005 WIP
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
genesis_SOC

Post by genesis_SOC »

ya, we went to that post that said netplay was down for 1.40+, and that's the version we downloaded >_> lemme' get on mirc real fast.

EDIT: rawr, I've never used mirc like this before, I dunno' what to do, sorry for my n00bness :/
genesis_SOC

Post by genesis_SOC »

grah I give up on netplay. it's much more confusing now than it used to be x_x