A user annoyed me and I did something about it

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

A user annoyed me and I did something about it

Post by Nach »

So earlier today this user sends me a ZST to look at. And for some reason he changed around the input configuration in game instead of via ZSNES input, making it very annoying for me to work with. To test this ZST, I'd have to modify my input setting just for that, very annoying.

I know it's been begged for ages to have game specific input, but it would be an extremely hard thing to implement.

Then I was thinking to myself how all this stuff is in PSR now, and I added PSR_EXTERN last month which should make all this a piece of cake.

So I added this to cfg.psr:

Code: Select all

@
@ Enable Game-Specific Key Input (0 = NO, 1 = Yes)
GameSpecificInput db 0
Created a new PSR file and just copied and pasted a bunch of lines, defined PSR_EXTERN, made a load and save point within ZSNES, added to project files, and 5 minutes later it was all working.

Now I can play this ZST and not get annoyed.
I now also marvel about something which was supposed to be very difficult is now easy.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm sure some of you will get the point and enjoy how this affects you. It's also interesting to note it was faster to implement than write this post.

I'm going back to bed now.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Ichinisan »

Was the offending savestate for.....Super Metroid?
Need a new sig...
DeFender1031
Rookie

Post by DeFender1031 »

Nach, you're welcome. Same to all the users who will find this feature useful. See? All you needed was a little inspiration and a nudge in the right direction.

~~~~"this user"
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Ichinisan wrote:Was the offending savestate for.....Super Metroid?
Yeah.
DeFender1031 wrote:Nach, you're welcome. Same to all the users who will find this feature useful. See? All you needed was a little inspiration and a nudge in the right direction.
I'm sure all the users will lynch you now for annoying me, especially when I'm not feeling well.

Actually all we needed was the advanced PSR support we have now. It's just it's the first time I thought about it since PSR_EXTERN support was added.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by DeFender1031 »

I stand by my "you're welcome". I'll make sure to annoy you further in the future.
Ichinisan
Veteran

Post by Ichinisan »

It was a complete shot in the dark. Now I'm bummed that no one other than myself was astonished by my lucky guess.

Did you guys discuss Super Metroid publicly or something?
Need a new sig...
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Ichinisan wrote:It was a complete shot in the dark. Now I'm bummed that no one other than myself was astonished by my lucky guess.

Did you guys discuss Super Metroid publicly or something?
Improve sarcasm meter please.

Ok, I've added the GUI option for this in input. I think it is the most appropriate place.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...