GUYS QUICK HELP WITH .PDF FILES!

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

GUYS QUICK HELP WITH .PDF FILES!

Post by Joe Camacho »

Guys, I need some quick help, this .pdf document, looks like it's protected against copying and pasting:

http://www.juridicas.unam.mx/publica/li ... f/rjf5.pdf

Is there any way I can open it in another program and copy/paste it? I'm not in the mood to type it all.. Although I already started.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

Screenshot it, OCR the screenshots.
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
xamenus
Veteran

Post by xamenus »

You could try some sort of PDF decrypter. Just Google that and see if some of the software helps.
MisterJones
Trooper

Re: GUYS QUICK HELP WITH .PDF FILES!

Post by MisterJones »

Joe Camacho wrote:Guys, I need some quick help, this .pdf document, looks like it's protected against copying and pasting:

Is there any way I can open it in another program and copy/paste it? I'm not in the mood to type it all.. Although I already started.
there are pdf tools whose names i forgot that can do this for you.

lol@unam docs
_-|-_
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

MisterJones wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:Guys, I need some quick help, this .pdf document, looks like it's protected against copying and pasting:

there are pdf tools whose names i forgot that can do this for you.

lol@unam docs
lol@adultpdf (http://www.adultpdf.com/index.html)
_-|-_
ndru

Post by ndru »

Hi, this is my first post on the boards, although I've been lurking for a while. You can use GSview to extract the text from the document, as well as convert the document itself to an unprotected PDF.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

ndru wrote:Hi, this is my first post on the boards, although I've been lurking for a while. You can use GSview to extract the text from the document, as well as convert the document itself to an unprotected PDF.
Dude, my fingers are in debt with you. Thanks! Now I can go study without having to type all of this!
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

Joe Camacho wrote:
ndru wrote:Hi, this is my first post on the boards, although I've been lurking for a while. You can use GSview to extract the text from the document, as well as convert the document itself to an unprotected PDF.
Dude, my fingers are in debt with you. Thanks! Now I can go study without having to type all of this!
Let me know if this works for you.
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

Joe Camacho wrote:
What kind of courses does a lawyer-in-training take?
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Protected? In what way?

Code: Select all

Enri que  RAMÍREZ MARTÍNEZ*
SUMARIO: I. Intro duc ción. II. De sa rro llo.
III.  Con clu sio nes.
I.  INTRODUCCIÓN
	El conflicto es una parte ineludible de nuestra vida cotidiana, al grado que 	podemos afirmar que es el resultado inevitable de una sociedad 	altamente compleja, competitiva y muchas veces litigiosa. En nuestras 	relaciones personales o de negocios, cada cual tiene sus propias ideas, 	opiniones y necesidades; la forma de abordar nuestras diferencias con 	otros puede determinar la calidad de nuestras vidas. Mientras que 	algunos conflictos son simplemente molestias menores que aceptamos 	como un componente natural de nuestra existencia, otros evitan que 	nuestras relaciones se realicen en todo su potencial y algunos llegan a 	ser tan severos que causan irreparables daños a individuos, familias, 	medios laborales y comunidades enteras. Aprender cómo abordarlos 	eficientemente es cada vez más una habilidad esencial que toda persona 	o grupo necesita, sin importar la edad, el papel social, la profesión, el 	contexto cultural o las creencias. Muchas veces, la gente evita sus diferencias para no enfrentar dificultades.
It didn't take me the slightest effort to do that :P
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Joe Camacho »

Cyrus wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
Right now I'm in finals.. So I had to study for Agrarian law, Merchant law and Administration law when I needed to type this. Damn long-ass exams.

I had my Agrarian law exam today in the morning, and I will have my Administration exam today at 5, oral exam, 200+ questions from all the Course's Units. My merchant law is next tuesday, but I need to know all the Asociation and Society Theory, Credit Titles and Credit Institutions by heart. So I have a lot to study!
Nach wrote:

Protected? In what way?

III.  Con clu sio nes.
I.  INTRODUCCIÓN
	El conflicto es una parte ineludible de nuestra vida cotidiana, al grado que 	podemos afirmar que es el resultado inevitable de una sociedad 	altamente compleja, competitiva y muchas veces litigiosa. En nuestras 	relaciones personales o de negocios, cada cual tiene sus propias ideas, 	opiniones y necesidades; la forma de abordar nuestras diferencias con 	otros puede determinar la calidad de nuestras vidas. Mientras que 	algunos conflictos son simplemente molestias menores que aceptamos 	como un componente natural de nuestra existencia, otros evitan que 	nuestras relaciones se realicen en todo su potencial y algunos llegan a 	ser tan severos que causan irreparables daños a individuos, familias, 	medios laborales y comunidades enteras. Aprender cómo abordarlos 	eficientemente es cada vez más una habilidad esencial que toda persona 	o grupo necesita, sin importar la edad, el papel social, la profesión, el 	contexto cultural o las creencias. Muchas veces, la gente evita sus diferencias para no enfrentar dificultades.
How did you do that? When I opened the document in Acrobat reader I could just "Select all text" or "Deselect all text", I couldn't copy it, ctrl C didn't work either, and the Edit/Copy option in the menu was grayed out.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Joe Camacho wrote: How did you do that? When I opened the document in Acrobat reader I could just "Select all text" or "Deselect all text", I couldn't copy it, ctrl C didn't work either, and the Edit/Copy option in the menu was grayed out.
AFAIK, they don't make Acrobat Reader for Linux, choices are KWord, Open Office Writer, KPDF, and XPDF. I just opened it in KWord, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, peice of cake really.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by Joe Camacho »

Nach wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote: How did you do that? When I opened the document in Acrobat reader I could just "Select all text" or "Deselect all text", I couldn't copy it, ctrl C didn't work either, and the Edit/Copy option in the menu was grayed out.
AFAIK, they don't make Acrobat Reader for Linux, choices are KWord, Open Office Writer, KPDF, and XPDF. I just opened it in KWord, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, peice of cake really.
I hate you, in a good way.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
Right now I'm in finals.. So I had to study for Agrarian law, Merchant law and Administration law when I needed to type this. Damn long-ass exams.

I had my Agrarian law exam today in the morning, and I will have my Administration exam today at 5, oral exam, 200+ questions from all the Course's Units. My merchant law is next tuesday, but I need to know all the Asociation and Society Theory, Credit Titles and Credit Institutions by heart. So I have a lot to study!
Nach wrote:

Protected? In what way?

III.  Con clu sio nes.
I.  INTRODUCCIÓN
How did you do that? When I opened the document in Acrobat reader I could just "Select all text" or "Deselect all text", I couldn't copy it, ctrl C didn't work either, and the Edit/Copy option in the menu was grayed out.
There's software that does that for you... it scans the document and reproduces it like the original.

Where to find it, I have no idea...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Nach wrote:
Most DRM stupidity isn't implemented in Linux apps. Odds are if you used Open Office in Windows, it wouldn't enforce PDF DRM either.

Post by Joe Camacho »

Nach wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
Nach wrote:
Most DRM stupidity isn't implemented in Linux apps. Odds are if you used Open Office in Windows, it wouldn't enforce PDF DRM either.
Well, I actually downloaded Open Office and tried to open it, I couldn't even read it. Oh well, the other program worked, even if I had to delete some garbled words and edited some words that were separated.

I liked Open Office, going to keep it and explore it a bit more.
kevman
Redneck Gamer-Mod

Post by kevman »

Its honestly not as good as Word, IMO. Though if I had to choose between honestly buying word and OOo, I wouldn't even think twice.

And there is an Acrobat reader for Linux but why you would want it, I have no idea. Maybe it doesn't take 45 seconds to start, then crash on quit (without fail) so it keeps your computer from shutting down.
SHREIK!!!!!!! DDdddnnnnnnaaaa! GESTAHLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Steelers now officially own your ass.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

kevman wrote:Its honestly not as good as Word, IMO. Though if I had to choose between honestly buying word and OOo, I wouldn't even think twice.

And there is an Acrobat reader for Linux but why you would want it, I have no idea. Maybe it doesn't take 45 seconds to start, then crash on quit (without fail) so it keeps your computer from shutting down.
I'm pretty sure 3rd party solutions are superior... just in filesize and mem usage alone. Noone needs these extra "features".. it's sheer crap.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Foxit Reader let's you make notes on a .pdf file. You're not actually editing the file, just adding something on top of it, but the result is the same.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
<_<
Rookie

Post by <_< »

FYI, Acrobat Reader SUCKS. Try FoxIt.
It's-a me, Mario! Wait, no it's not.
Firon
Trooper

Post by Firon »

Thread necromancy, ahoy.
<_<
Rookie

Post by <_< »

It's only a month old, not even at the bottom of the list yet.
It's-a me, Mario! Wait, no it's not.
Que
saskatchewanite

Post by Que »

Firon wrote:Thread necromancy, ahoy.
everything i say is a lie
the above line is true
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Aye, lock!
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.