Which controllers work for zsnes?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Namebrand

Which controllers work for zsnes?

Post by Namebrand »

If say, I bought a psx or ps2 adapter, and used that controller for zsnes woujld it work properly?
thank you
Firon
Trooper

Post by Firon »

Yes. I'm using my PS2 controller as a gamepad with ZSNES.
AntoineWG
Trooper

Post by AntoineWG »

As long as it uses Direct Input, yes, it will work. In other words, if it shows up in the controller dialog in the Windows control panel, it should work.
[i]"It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try, but the result's the same." - Mike Dennison[/i]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Just make sure to stay away from the blue box PS2 -> USB adaptor from Radio Shack. Those blow chunks. Get the all black one. Had mine for over a year now, and it works just fine. :D

It even works in Linux as well. :)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
tooldini

Post by tooldini »

My microsoft sidewinder shows up in the control panel but won't work in zsnes. any ideas on what to do?

thanks
Jeff
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

You are using the Windows port of ZSNES yes? To verify, go to Misc->About.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
tooldini

Post by tooldini »

sorry I just jumped the gun a little. I needed to configure it LOL it works now just not right,, got my buttons all funny. Thanks for the quick reply

Jeff