What Games Have Kept You Guys Busy?

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Vault Dweller
Lurker

Post by Vault Dweller »

Clements wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
Clements wrote:Star Ocean 3
Supreme Commander
I don't have SO3 and it seems to be a pain in the ass to find.
Ordered it brand new two weeks ago from Amazon for about 16 quid, and was delivered the next day.
They also have plenty of copies used at local GameStops here, but they're all the greatest hits version. I think I'll order myself a new copy soon, as I still have yet to complete the bonus dungeons.
[quote="Magus'"]You are officially the first black wigger I've ever met.[/quote]
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Vault Dweller wrote:
Clements wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
Supreme Commander
Ordered it brand new two weeks ago from Amazon for about 16 quid, and was delivered the next day.
They also have plenty of copies used at local GameStops here, but they're all the greatest hits version. I think I'll order myself a new copy soon, as I still have yet to complete the bonus dungeons.
SO3 was fantastic, until you hit the utterly ridiculous plot "twist" - at which point I said fuck this game. Honestly, it might be the worst plot twist in the history of fucking videogames.
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

casualsax3 wrote:
Vault Dweller wrote:
Clements wrote:
Cyrus wrote:
Supreme Commander
SO3 was fantastic, until you hit the utterly ridiculous plot "twist" - at which point I said fuck this game. Honestly, it might be the worst plot twist in the history of fucking videogames.
And what about the sleeper of an ending? It fits with the rest of the game... tediously long, without any substance.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

I've been playing Madden 07 for the GC lately, and it's pretty nice. It's a pretty casual game if you watch football a lot.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Zelda TP
DBZ BT2
Trauma Center SO

And on the weekends I stay with friends and play Wii all day and night , usually Wii Sports , Wii Play , DBZ , and Power Swing Golf
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Guitar Hero II
Zelda: TP
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
xarqu

Post by xarqu »

Agozer wrote:
Cyrus wrote:If ever do get the time I really should start up FFX/FFX-2 but I've been told the second part is retarded and ruins the storyline of the original. Anyone played them to know?
I don't think FFX-2 ruins much of anything. It's just more girly in places. If you can get past that it's a good game. Then again, not everyone agrees with me.
Yeah I'm one of the people who think X-2 is horrible. To me it was just one big retarded minigame collection with no storyline worth mentioning. This was a pretty big dissapointment to me, since the FFX was so awesome.

Still that shouldn't stop you from trying them out. At least you should be ok playing FFX.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

a direct sequel to a final fantasy game never seemed like a good idea to me anyways. X-2 may have been interesting, but it lacked the time, polish, seriousness, and innovation that Final Fantasy is known (or was known) for.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

chocobo racing
final fantasy 9
kirby's adventure
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Panzer88 wrote:a direct sequel to a final fantasy game never seemed like a good idea to me anyways. X-2 may have been interesting, but it lacked the time, polish, seriousness, and innovation that Final Fantasy is known (or was known) for.
Well final fantasy X-2 wasn't as good as final fantasy X no doubt, but the mini -games were fun. One thing I didn't like is the fact that you had to complete everything 100% and it made it a guessing game as to what quest you had to do next in order to complete a larger portion of the percents. Besides the different jobs you can change into in and out of battle, the sphere break was a nice mini-game you could compete in. If you were good enough to beat the genius on the airship you could get the lady luck dressphere.

Besides what games that keep my busy I'd have to say Tales of Phantasia and Final Fantasy 12.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Tales of Symphonia,
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Joe Camacho wrote:Tales of Symphonia,
I remember you rambling on about Tales of Symphonia a long time ago.
Louis Cypher
Devil Summoner

Post by Louis Cypher »

Very few games keep me coming back and replaying them. Among them I count Assault Suits Valken, Front Mission: Gun Hazard, and Zone of the Enders 2. They're good run-and-gun fun - the first two are top-of-the-line platformers and the latter's a great free-floating mech game. If you like ZoE2, incidentally, From Software's/Banpresto's "Another Century's Episode" series is basically Super Robot Wars with Zone of the Enders playstyle. I played through ACE 2 a while back, it was fairly entertaining.
[url=http://agtp.romhack.net]Aeon Genesis ~ We eat ham and jam and spam-alot[/url]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Mark57Raider wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:Tales of Symphonia,
I remember you rambling on about Tales of Symphonia a long time ago.
It's a very good game, and I generally replay games with New Game +. Tales of Symphonia's NG+ is kind of weird. In the course of the game, you are awared with GRADE.

When you finish the game, you are given 1000 grade + all the grade you got during the game. Before starting a new game, you go to the GRADE shop, in which you can buy special bonuses, like being double exp per enemies, start with the titles you earned during the game, etc.

Makes the game easier, but not a piece of cake.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

the last two posts, you guys have GREAT taste. RE4 may be painfully mainstream, but it always keeps me coming back, also Super Metroid.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Zone of the Enders 2 is awesome. The prequel less so, but still enjoyable.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Vault Dweller
Lurker

Post by Vault Dweller »

Just finished up "Ghost Hunter" around a week ago, great hidden gem of a game, that one. Now I'm on "Steambot Chronicles" and "SMT:N"...still. I rarely ever play "SMT:N", actually....
[quote="Magus'"]You are officially the first black wigger I've ever met.[/quote]
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Terranigma, after not playing this game for awhile, I brought it upon myself to start playing this game again. It's pretty interesting finding out about how the humans have had wars and stuff going on. I'm at the point of Nivarana Lake and I need to get woods in order to build a bridge on the other side of the continent.
anewuser
Rookie

Post by anewuser »

Punch Out (NES) and aeon genesis' English translation of 'Jutei Senki' (SNES)
[url=http://www.fsf.org/resources/formats/playogg]PlayOgg[/url]
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Bahamut Lagoon.... finally getting around to it.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

I played a little bit of Bahamut Lagoon and after realizing it was a strategy rpg where most of the gameplay includes tactical thinking, I was like nope, aint for me. The only strategy rpg I really got into was the mech game Front Mission 3 for the playstation.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Mark57Raider wrote:I played a little bit of Bahamut Lagoon and after realizing it was a strategy rpg where most of the gameplay includes tactical thinking, I was like nope, aint for me. The only strategy rpg I really got into was the mech game Front Mission 3 for the playstation.
Front Mission 3 is a *good* game.
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Front Mission 3 was alright, but the story messed me up alot. I know Kuzuki had stumbled upon some Government secrets, that the military was hiding. Then a whole bunch of soldiers had found them and that everyone was trying to kill him and his friends; and somewhere along the way Alisa had gotten kidnapped by Lukav and it's up to you and your rag tag team of wanzer buddies to save her and deal with the governments Lost Number Machines. Very endepth story, but kinda confusing at times. I never got around to finishing even though i logged in at about 44 hours.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Mark57Raider wrote:Front Mission 3 was alright, but the story messed me up alot. I know Kuzuki had stumbled upon some Government secrets, that the military was hiding. Then a whole bunch of soldiers had found them and that everyone was trying to kill him and his friends; and somewhere along the way Alisa had gotten kidnapped by Lukav and it's up to you and your rag tag team of wanzer buddies to save her and deal with the governments Lost Number Machines. Very endepth story, but kinda confusing at times. I never got around to finishing even though i logged in at about 44 hours.
There is actually two ways of playing the game. According to one trivia decision in the beginning. You can either side with Emma and the "Americans" or Lukav and the DMZ. Both games feature totally different scenarios.

For example, in Emma's story you have to fight those red mercenaries, in Alyssa's story you fight alongside them.

I liked Emma's story the best.