Nintendo Acquires Xenosaga Developer

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

snkcube
Hero of Time

Nintendo Acquires Xenosaga Developer

Post by snkcube »

Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

yay.

But Namco/Bandai tends to be whores when it comes to marketing.

As long as things don't turn into Nintenbandacolith, Inc. and katamari balls don't start rolling around in Mario games I'll stay happy.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I didn't posted this yesterday because it will be painful to know. The possibility of a Xenogears remake now it is completely dead. Now we will see kiddie games of them... I hope that Nintendo stop marketing their products in a child orientation way.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Right, like Nintendo will become more like MS or Sony...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Neo Kaiser wrote:I didn't posted this yesterday because it will be painful to know. The possibility of a Xenogears remake now it is completely dead. Now we will see kiddie games of them... I hope that Nintendo stop marketing their products in a child orientation way.
What? Seriously, you don't make sense most of the time.
Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Geist, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.. Nintendo can produce "MATURE" games.

It's not their problem you are so insecure you can't have fun playing games with mario on them. But looks like there are a lot of people that do, just look at the sale figures.

I assume they got Monolith because they need a studio to dedicate to RPGs, if we get more games in the quality of Baten Kaitos, then it's all good.

And a Xenogear's "remake" can't be dead if it hasn't been alive in the first place. Xenogear's characters, setting and other intellectual property are owned by Square, not by monolith.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:I didn't posted this yesterday because it will be painful to know. The possibility of a Xenogears remake now it is completely dead. Now we will see kiddie games of them... I hope that Nintendo stop marketing their products in a child orientation way.
Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Geist, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.. Nintendo can produce "MATURE" games.

It's not their problem you are so insecure you can't have fun playing games with mario on them. But looks like there are a lot of people that do, just look at the sale figures.

I assume they got Monolith because they need a studio to dedicate to RPGs, if we get more games in the quality of Baten Kaitos, then it's all good.

And a Xenogear's "remake" can't be dead if it hasn't been alive in the first place. Xenogear's characters, setting and other intellectual property are owned by Square, not by monolith.
Mature but not as intense as Xenogears. BTW those Metroid games are rated T for teen. ED is the only mature title. But unless Nintendo allow the production of M titles in more quantities... But that's not the point, the point is that it would be better if SE bought the 80% instead of Nintendo . Xenogears was a great game and it deserved a remake.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

RE4

RE0

RE1 remake

shut up. the M does not ever equal quality of any kind, anyway.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

sweener2001 wrote:shut up. the M does not ever equal quality of any kind, anyway.
Yes, of course. It's not like games HAVE to be M RATED to be FUN.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Neo Kaiser wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:

Mature but not as intense as Xenogears. BTW those Metroid games are rated T for teen. ED is the only mature title. But unless Nintendo allow the production of M titles in more quantities... But that's not the point, the point is that it would be better if SE bought the 80% instead of Nintendo . Xenogears was a great game and it deserved a remake.
Dude, I would like to play a NEW game for a change. And remember, SE were the ones that CUT content from Xenogears in the first place. So I don't see them REMAKING it, when they have two more successful franchises to produce games.

With this move, Nintendo can extend his RPG library to more than the Mario series, hey.. Maybe not as "kidde" as the mario universe, I wonder if someone could have thought of that? I would like to see another RPG from the Baten Kaitos team, even if it's not carded based, I had a lot of fun with the first one, and I will eventually buy origins.

The games I mention were the ones that were developed or produced by NINTENDO, so there is evidence that nintendo is willing to produce other games than the mario series, other games than "kiddie" games.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

I don't know if I'd want to see Square Enix sucking up another good developer, the way they've been going lately.... straight down the shit shoot.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Uh, did you play Final Fantasy 12?
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

This thread is bursting with retard goodness. When I come back there better be a higher ratio of awesome posts in comparison to retarded posts.
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
Jikmo
Hazed

Post by Jikmo »

Demios wrote:This thread is bursting with retard goodness. When I come back there better be a higher ratio of awesome posts in comparison to retarded posts.
So next year I'll be staying in a suite at college with a bunch of people and there are going to be naked girls walking around all the time and occasional orgies.

Awesome enough?
[quote="The Sage Of Time"]You're a cruel and terrible person.
Don't ever change.[/quote]
I don't think I've ever felt so touched before in my life
Mark57Raider
Regular

Post by Mark57Raider »

Panzer88 wrote:I don't know if I'd want to see Square Enix sucking up another good developer, the way they've been going lately.... straight down the shit shoot.
I don't think this is about Square Enix, it's about Namco Bandai buying out Monolith Software. Final Fantasy 12 was indeed a very good game that they came out with. It's true that Square Enix isn't as good now as they have been just being separated in the past. As far as Nintendo buying Xenosaga it would probably seem worthwhile for them to tack on the project. Interesting enough games for both systems.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Mark57Raider wrote:
Panzer88 wrote:I don't know if I'd want to see Square Enix sucking up another good developer, the way they've been going lately.... straight down the shit shoot.
I don't think this is about Square Enix, it's about Namco Bandai buying out Monolith Software. Final Fantasy 12 was indeed a very good game that they came out with. It's true that Square Enix isn't as good now as they have been just being separated in the past. As far as Nintendo buying Xenosaga it would probably seem worthwhile for them to tack on the project. Interesting enough games for both systems.
And I wonder, if Monolith still holds the rights for the Xenosaga franchise, it can be owned by Namco, you know.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

I don't know, I played Xenogears for a couple of hours, and I did not see the appeal. I also watched my brother play Xenosaga for a few hours, and it seemed that most of the time was spent with movies rather than gameplay. Lame.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Xenogears second disc was butchered but I hopped that it would be fixed on a remake. Baiten Kaitos looks good but I'm not interested in a card based battle system like Chain of Memories. I wonder why SE got rid of Monolith Soft on the first place.
lockharte
Regular

Post by lockharte »

who cares
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

FFXII was alright, but I really wasn't that impressed, I expected a LOT more from them. The gameplay and story just isn't at the wow factor that it used to be. Square games used to be the most amazing looking compared to anything, where as now, there are so many games out there that have better presentation, and more interesting and original gameplay. It wasn't bad, but it was the exception to the rule of stuff they themselves have been putting out as a developer.

all the other stuff they publish but don't develope doesn't count, I'm looking at them as a developer, not a publisher, they are still publishing other people's good work, like Level 5 for example.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

For most people SE ended with Chrono Trigger.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

mmm.... that's a little harsh, I'd be willing to vouch for several of their playstation ventures, I didn't mind the PlayStation Final Fantasy games.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Neo Kaiser wrote:For most people SE ended with Chrono Trigger.
Ah.. The merger happened LONG AFTER Chrono Trigger.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Joe Camacho wrote:
Square Soft half then.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Joe Camacho wrote:
in fact, Chrono Trigger was the only time the two sides had cooperating forces before the merger, yes?
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

Panzer88 wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:
in fact, Chrono Trigger was the only time the two sides had cooperating forces before the merger, yes?
I don't see how this statement is a fact.
_-|-_