SNESAmp 3.34 Released!

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Clements
Randomness

SNESAmp 3.34 Released!

Post by Clements »

New version of SNESAmp available. Here are the changes:
Changes to 3.33

- Fixed the amplfication field in the tag editor writing out a different value than entered SNESAPU.DLL v3.0a
- Fixed interpolation defaulting to gaussian because of a bad parameter

Changes to 3.32

- Fixed SPC700 registers getting wiped out when saving an ID666 tag

Changes to 3.31

- Fixed keys not working in ID666 tag editor
- Fixed artist name missing initial characters

Changes to 3.3

- Fixed more issues with Winamp 5.x
- Fixed a bug in the auto end feature that was incorrectly ending a small number of songs
- Fixed a bug that was causing a DEP crash
SNESAPU.DLL v3.0
+ Rewrote the SPC700 emulator to make it faster and more accurate
+ Added 8-point Sinc interpolation
+ Added per voice anti-aliasing
+ Added quadraphonic output
- Fixed reverse stereo not working
http://www.alpha-ii.com/Download/Main.html#SNESamp
Last edited by Clements on Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
kick
Trooper

Re: SNESAmp 3.31 Released!

Post by kick »

A new version at last! I thought all work on this plugin was put to an end since the author got married,but this is a nice surprise. We've been waiting so long for a new release and finally,here it is. :)

This time the upgraded SNESAPU really does make a difference - sound accuracy has improved for the better with a good number of SPCs now sounding more like the real SNES.

Everything seems to work smoothly except for one bug - the volume slider in the SNESamp control panel has no effect and the volume auto-leveling doesn't work.
Last edited by kick on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Oh finally, a new version of this! I thought the guy gave up on programming for good.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

I remember I had issues with RSN files back when I used 3.2, seems to have been fixed now. Great release!
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Shadow, a moderator on the winamp forums made a wrapper that fixed various issues with v3.2 and winamp 5.35

edit: snesamp 3.32 released.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

franpa wrote:Shadow, a moderator on the winamp forums made a wrapper that fixed various issues with v3.2 and winamp 5.35

edit: snesamp 3.32 released.
Well it seems that isn't necessary anymore.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

yes, thats why i never linked to it.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Does the emulation reach blargg-quality ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

grinvader wrote:Does the emulation reach blargg-quality ?
Most of my SPC files sound very good... how can we properly compare this to blargg's DSP emulator?
Verdauga Greeneyes
Regular

Post by Verdauga Greeneyes »

Hmm, unless the author has worked directly with blargg and failed to mention it, I doubt SNESAmp has sub-sample accuracy. It would be nice if it did, considering the amount of features it has (and its popularity as an SPC player) but whether humans can tell the difference is up for debate. Perhaps a better question is does it reach the accuracy of anomie's core, as any differences there should be more noticeable.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

some of the things blaarg pointed out with the old snesamp 3.2 have been fixed/improved.

the sound in Frantic Factory in Donkey Kong Country for instance.
zidanax
Rookie

Post by zidanax »

Well, if anyone who knows anything about the workings of the SPC is curious, Anti Resonance did have a link to the SNESAPU (the "core" of SNESamp) source code on his site. Currently, the link is down, but he says he'll try to package up the source on Tuesday.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

ShadowFX wrote:
grinvader wrote:Does the emulation reach blargg-quality ?
Most of my SPC files sound very good... how can we properly compare this to blargg's DSP emulator?
Wav dump, binary compare.

Same SPC should give exact same data (except for header, if any).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

snesamp v3.33 released.

Changes to 3.33

- Fixed the amplfication field in the tag editor writing out a different value than entered
SNESAPU.DLL v3.0a
- Fixed interpolation defaulting to gaussian because of a bad parameter
Last edited by franpa on Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

Same SPC should give exact same data (except for header, if any).
Nobody's defined the exact starting state to run an SPC in, and it's quite hard to get the SPC-700 unit in an exact starting state when playing an SPC on hardware. I'd like to some day define this state such that it can be achieved on hardware as well as in an SPC player, so that an SPC could really play back exactly the same on both.
Alopex

Post by Alopex »

I'm having some seriously irritating problems with id666 tagging in this prog, can someone here please help?

I can't mute any sound channels, I apply the changes I want and it does not save. It may disable the channel while the file is open, but if I play something else then come back, the channel mute is off. If I grab an spc online with a mute channel set already, and if I edit the tag, it also breaks the mute.

I'm tearing my hair out as there are some spc's that are nigh impossible to rip without capturing an unwanted sound sample. eg: the bowser battle in SMW.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Works here (Winamp 2.91, SNESAmp 3.33). Are you sure that you're using uncompressed SPCs, and not RSNs?

You could also try switching to binary or to text mode.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Alopex

Post by Alopex »

Using winamp 5.35 here, snesamp 3.33, and individual spc's. The option i'm trying to enable uses checkboxes in the 'extended' tag section and I have tried switching binary on and off, nothing seems to make a difference, except...

It seems to matter what info is in the extended tag.. and an empty extended section will save the mute settings, and I managed to almost completely fill in a tag for a track, but for some completely baffling reason it will not save the muted channels if I enter 'nintendo' in the publisher field, I can enter 'nintend' and it will save the mute, but add that o and it won't. wtf?

Anyone? or does anyone know how I can contact the author or if there's a dedicated spc/snesamp forum?
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

v3.34 is released with only 1 change/fix. This means that songs that showed [][] in there names and stuff now appear correct :)

- Fixed bad strings getting written to the XID6 tag
JFD62780
Rookie

Post by JFD62780 »

franpa wrote:v3.34 is released with only 1 change/fix. This means that songs that showed [][] in there names and stuff now appear correct :)

- Fixed bad strings getting written to the XID6 tag
This also has the nifty side effect of those same tags, not getting rewritten every time you restart Winamp, or reload a playlist. In my case, it was a total of 54 tags, whose entries were actually the titles the entries represented, rather than the filenames the entries shoulda been pointing to in the first place! This resulted in 54 more entries, and 54 more entries, etc. :P

Why do I know this? Simple. I have all of SNESMusic.org in my personal playlist. That is, until April 8th, when the "Site-Update-Renaissance" began. There were so many files added, not even the 'last 30 sets' rule could cover the new files alone! :shock:

I've since updated the the plugin and my collection, and weirdly enough, at times I actually seed the torrent. :D

Hey, I contributed a few sets, including Jurassic Park and DOOM, so I figure I deserve it. ;)
Until next post...
null

Re: SNESAmp 3.34 Released!

Post by null »

Is anyone still using this? On windows 7, I can't get the settings to save through a winamp restart. Keeps resetting to default. Anybody happen to know of a trick?
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Either install Winamp to a folder outside of Program Files, or run Winamp elevated to administrator access. It sounds like the stupid thing doesn't like the virtual store file redirection that prevents programs from actually writing to protected folders.
null

Post by null »

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

Just right click, run as administrator, set the settings, exit, then they will stick that when when running normally.