FINAL FANTASY IV SEQUEL ON JAPANESE CELL PHONES

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

kieran_
Mugwump

FINAL FANTASY IV SEQUEL ON JAPANESE CELL PHONES

Post by kieran_ »

Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

My favorite FF, sadly I don't know moon language or have a capable cellphone for gaming.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

WTF
bringing Zsnes back
Demios
"Flametongue"

Post by Demios »

WTF SE!?
[img]http://demios.whattheboat.com/userbar/random.jpeg[/img]
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

WTF SP1?
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

yeah cause they have ps3's on their cell phones :roll:

a treo can run a snes emulator with no problems, how come we can't get a FF game made for cell phones? because FF is gay.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

All I've ever wanted was a proper sequel game to either FF6, 7, 8 or 9.

And what do we fucking get? A sequel FMV to FF7, about twenty billion spinoffs of FF7, a sequel to that piece of shit FF10, a sequel to that shitty singleplayer MMO FF12, and now a sequel to FF4 on a fucking cellphone.

/afk, becoming an hero
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
byuu

Post by byuu »

I really wish someone would start ripping / emulating these games*. Cellphones are the very last bastion of 2D gaming, now that even all of our handhelds are 3D.
(* don't look at me, I'm a round-eyed occidental. No access to any of that stuff.)

They also have a proper sequel to the original Seiken Densetsu (FF Adventure stateside), unlike that piece of crap Sword of Mana. And lots of other cool stuff, too.
All I've ever wanted was a proper sequel game to either FF6, 7, 8 or 9.
And here I thought anything after FF6 was garbage, with everything after FF4 going progressively downhill. I'm surprised to see a FF8 polygon fan hating FF10 and above. Maybe the whole FF-hate thing is age related.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

byuu wrote:And here I thought anything after FF6 was garbage, with everything after FF4 going progressively downhill. I'm surprised to see a FF8 polygon fan hating FF10 and above. Maybe the whole FF-hate thing is age related.

I don't dislike FF's before 6 (though I haven't played much more than a few hours of the NES ones combined). I guess a FF4 sequel is nice, just not the Holy Grail for me, uhh, or something.

If you want to know why I hate FF10, look at the ways in which FF6-9 are similar, then see how FF10 is different from that.

FF12, well, I'm absolutely convinced this started out as an MMO and they later decided to slap a storyline on top of it, as an afterthought. There are many, many things I hate about it, but that sentence pretty much sums it all up (except this: the music does absolutely nothing to me unlike even FF10).

I could honestly write out half a dozen paragraphs on each game right here, but I'll save it.

Also: yes on the cellphone emulation.

Edit: I'm 25 and have owned a SNES since launch day... it's just that I live in Europe and as such never even heard about FF before a friend showed me an import FF3/6. =p And I'm all like holy shit, atmospheric steampunk mecha RPG WTF I need this and subsequently waste all my savings on an expensive as hell import FF6 and Chrono Trigger.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yes we need cell phone emulation.

no we don't need more final fantasy direct sequels and spinoffs, it's like freaking disney sequels, no thanks.

sadly the cell phone games are prolly better than the console spin offs

as for your comment byuu about the age related thing, nah, my favorite is FF5 followed by FF3, I think the reason he doesn't like FFX (or it's "sequel") is because it's even worse.

have you played FF9 byuu?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

HERE

You will find screen shots of the cellphone sequel in the lower part of the scan. (Wait 10 minutes after the no linking crap.)
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

...Or just click the OK button after clicking the link.
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

or just copy pasta the link
class:Trolololo
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

megamanzer0 wrote:or just copy pasta the link
If I could copy pasta, I would never leave the house.
MorteTheSkull
Hazed

Post by MorteTheSkull »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
megamanzer0 wrote:or just copy pasta the link
If I could copy pasta, I would never leave the house.
For some reason that made me severely lol

And is there seriously no emulation for phones currently?
"Did you see the way that female zombie was looking at me?"
"You're imagining things, Morte."
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

not really, so far as I've found.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]