Hey Tomato!

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

Zuzma

Hey Tomato!

Post by Zuzma »

Oh my god I really loved going through famicon dective club 2. Everything about it was just so wonderful, the art, the music, the sounds, and the story! I was so immersed in it that I actually played it through in one sitting. Yes that's right I didn't even stop for a break while playing through it. I've always liked detective stores and murder mysteries. Funny that my mom actually got me into murder mysteries since she was such a big fan of them. Anyway awsome work on it. Oh yea I found some script errors in it too but I only have screen shots of it.. I probably should have used saved states but I was so engrossed in it. :D

Edit: Sorry I should have thanked the other people that worked on it too. Thanks alot demi and all the other translators that helped with it, you made my day.

http://home.graffiti.net/zuzma/1.png
http://home.graffiti.net/zuzma/2.png
http://home.graffiti.net/zuzma/3.png
Last edited by Zuzma on Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

I have to get this game.
Edit: (erased the question because it looked like a ROM request)
Last edited by Mexandrew on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B R O K E N .
Tomato
Hazed

Post by Tomato »

Yeah, with so much text in the game there's bound to be plenty of typos. demi did basically everything, but I'll pass it on to him.
Zuzma

Post by Zuzma »

Oh that's fine.. I'm sure translating all that text was murder. I probably missed alot of other stuff too. :)
mexandrew wrote:I have to get this game.
Edit: Where can I download it?
Well you can get the translation patch from the whirlpool and I'm sure you wont have any problems finding the rom. Look for Famicon Tantei Club 2 - Ushiro ni Tatsu Syojyo (V1.0) (J) (NP).

Here's a quick link to the patch: http://donut.parodius.com/?func=trans&p ... amekey=297
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Is there a gif of that game on tomato's site that ends with that OH YEAH! guy?
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

zuzma wrote:Oh that's fine.. I'm sure translating all that text was murder. I probably missed alot of other stuff too. :)
mexandrew wrote:I have to get this game.
Edit: Where can I download it?
Well you can get the translation patch from the whirlpool and I'm sure you wont have any problems finding the rom. Look for Famicon Tantei Club 2 - Ushiro ni Tatsu Syojyo (V1.0) (J) (NP).

Here's a quick link to the patch: http://donut.parodius.com/?func=trans&p ... amekey=297
Sorry about that question, I thought the ROM was a public domain one. Sorry for the inconvenience.
B R O K E N .
Zuzma

Post by Zuzma »

Oh hey that's okay you don't have to be sorry. It didn't even take me a minute to type up that info so it's not like it was any trouble. :)
Hachis Parmentier

Post by Hachis Parmentier »

Yeah ! This game is great… Thanks to Tomato who gave the tip on his ROM translation page, I was waiting hopelessly for this patch to be released.

Gracias para todos !

However, all these text errors are a little, well… annoying. Is a fixed patch planned for release?
kieran_
Mugwump

Post by kieran_ »

Hachis Parmentier wrote:Yeah ! This game is great… Thanks to Tomato who gave the tip on his ROM translation page, I was waiting hopelessly for this patch to be released.

Gracias para todos !

However, all these text errors are a little, well… annoying. Is a fixed patch planned for release?
Just wondering... What is the significance of your username? I googled it but it all seems to be in spanish or something.
Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

I don't think it is in spanish.

I'd take a wild guess and say it's french.
What?
Mexandrew
Taco Kid DX

Post by Mexandrew »

The word "Hachis" here in Mexico means "cocaine". The other word, may be in french.
B R O K E N .
Hachis Parmentier

It's french, a simple dish made of layered mashed potatoes and minced meat topped by cheese. You put in the oven, turn the grill on for 5 mn… yum yum ! Finger licking good…

Parmentier is the name of the guy who introduced the potatoe in France in the 18th century. The farmers didn't want of this new stuff so he found a cool trick : he made a potatoe field somewhere and it was heavily guarded by armed soldiers. The farmers began to think that what was guarded may have some value and eventually stole some of it and began to plant it for themselves.

You may ad a pinch of nutmeg powder to make it even better…
Shogetsu
Rookie

Post by Shogetsu »

mexandrew wrote:The word "Hachis" here in Mexico means "cocaine". The other word, may be in french.
Hachis is *not* cocaine.

Well, anyway Hachis Parmentier already told the reason of his/her nickname, I didn't know about that meal, but I don't like meat, I prefer fish... :P.
I'll tell you the meaning of life: It's not to live, but to die
Hachis Parmentier

Well, you can make what we call "Brandade de morue" by replacing meat by cod. It's very good as well…

Anyway, Famicom Detective Club II is super good, I've put the music on a tape I listen on my way to work. Thanks !
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

French food is weird like that expensive and strong smelling chesse. Ligth blue almost white in the outside but dark blue almost black on the inside and it is made with a type of fungus and I guess ismade with goat milk. It's name is Roquefort. And I also feel weird when I eat it.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Hachis Parmentier

There's a cheese-shop in the Odeon area of Paris where they offer special hermetic plastic bags to american tourists so that the custom officers of homeland do not notice the 10 lbs of Reblochon, Camembert, Epoisse or Roquefort they carry in their bags.

If you like Roquefort you may try that cheese from the Corse island : "Maquis Cheese", it's all covered with a mix of aromatic herbs and dust… Great stuff !

Yeah ! Eat french cheese, get weird !
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Yes I like Roquefort but with wine only and so is the Bleu de Gex. I have yet to try the Banon. Haha this topic have been turned into food talk.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I'm more croque-monsieur than hachis parmentier myself.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Zuzma

Post by Zuzma »

Hah who'd of thought my thread would turn into one about cheese. Oh well it sure is making me hungry reading all this stuff. I haven't had lunch yet either.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

USA have his expensives weird cheese as well. One of them $17 per pound.
PKFAIRY
Cosmic Chaos

Post by PKFAIRY »

mmm Gouda (sp?)
*poof*
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Berkshire Blue is the name of the USA cheese that cost $17.99 per pound.
Hexlord
Hazed

Post by Hexlord »

Ayumi's pretty hot :)
Zuzma

Post by Zuzma »

Speaking of Ayumi what did everyone get at the end of the game for her? It ended up saying I got kind of lewd in my personality assessment and I only got about half of the hearts. Haha I kept putting my finger where it didn't belong and I even tried exploring the dead body. :(

Edit: If someone thinks this spoils the game somewhat I'll remove my post. Though this doesn't tie into the plot other then to see your compatiblity with Ayumi. Baiscly it's just a fun side thing at the end of the game. I don't know if the ending changes if you get all the hearts since I haven't gotten them all. I only beat the game acouple of times.
Last edited by Zuzma on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hexlord
Hazed

Post by Hexlord »

Wow you are quite the pervert! :lol:

Anyway I am not sure how far am I from the end... at this chapter "Initials"...