Weird sounds

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Gunsforall

Weird sounds

Post by Gunsforall »

When I play games such as Illusion of Gaia or Super Mario RPG, the sounds are slightly off but are enough to drive me insane. I remember exactly how they are on the actual machine and the sounds are way off.
EXAMPLE: When you are about to fight the first boss in Illusion of Gaia, the wind is blowing and the sound is high pitch. On the machine, the sound is normal and perfectly tolerable.

Mostly things are high-pitched and I want the sound to be perfectly in tune with the machine. Any ideas?
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3821

Read the above for a proper bug report.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Gunsforall

Post by Gunsforall »

k That was a little annoying of a reply but thanks for the info I guess. I just logged in to get help, I didn't know there were specific rules.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Reading stickies and announcements prior to posting should be common knowledge. The sad truth is that no new member pays attention to these things.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Agozer wrote:Reading stickies and announcements prior to posting should be common knowledge. The sad truth is that no new member pays attention to these things.
*Ahem*

I didn't do any of that shit. Don't stereotype us all, jackass.

This has been your Politically Correct post of the day.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I.S.T. wrote:
Agozer wrote:Reading stickies and announcements prior to posting should be common knowledge. The sad truth is that no new member pays attention to these things.
*Ahem*

I didn't do any of that shit. Don't stereotype us all, jackass.

This has been your Politically Correct post of the day.
Yes well, apparently you are one of the select few that break the evil cycle. Good for you.

P.S. Political correctness has never been held very high on this board, as you've probably seen.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I know. I await my eventual banning because of that post. :wink:
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Gunsforall wrote:k That was a little annoying of a reply but thanks for the info I guess. I just logged in to get help, I didn't know there were specific rules.
honestly, how do you expect to get help when you give crap for information?
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Without even checking, this is probably a bug. I seem to remember the IoG bug from before somewhere, and SMRPG probably has similar issues to Chrono Trigger. The new sound core will solve all these issues anyway.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

sweener2001 wrote:
Gunsforall wrote:k That was a little annoying of a reply but thanks for the info I guess. I just logged in to get help, I didn't know there were specific rules.
honestly, how do you expect to get help when you give crap for information?
Hit the nail on the head
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

No, this thread was won by Clements. I don't need a formal bug report to know what this issue is, and neither do the zsnes devs. Requiring that rom output be included before diagnosing implies that

a. devs aren't aware of the issue, which isn't true, and
b. that corrupt data could somehow be responsible for music and sound effects playing incorrectly. I've yet to see an SNES rom where this is the case.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

The point is that a 'sticking to the rules' report is always better. It's not out of question the possibility that there's an external factor in his case, aggravating an existing issue, like bad rom, outdated drivers or crappy speakers.

Edit: Example, I know my speakers crackle every once in a while in zsnes, but behave correctly in other apps, but since I can't reproduce it in other systems, I'm not reporting it here.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Kajuru wrote:Edit: Example, I know my speakers crackle every once in a while in zsnes, but behave correctly in other apps, but since I can't reproduce it in other systems, I'm not reporting it here.
did you try hooking your speakers to other systems?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

adventure_of_link wrote:
Kajuru wrote:Edit: Example, I know my speakers crackle every once in a while in zsnes, but behave correctly in other apps, but since I can't reproduce it in other systems, I'm not reporting it here.
did you try hooking your speakers to other systems?
When I said other systems, I meant including said system speakers, but yes, I did. The problem is that my cheap CHEAP MONO speakers react (after long periods) to something making it happen. I know it is my problem, and easy to solve(buy decent speakers), but I could very well do ZERO research/tests and come here blaming Zsnes, which is innocent in all instances.

The OP had a good intention, but you either do some research or provide useful info if not available otherwise.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

FitzRoy wrote:No, this thread was won by Clements. I don't need a formal bug report to know what this issue is, and neither do the zsnes devs. Requiring that rom output be included before diagnosing implies that

a. devs aren't aware of the issue, which isn't true, and
b. that corrupt data could somehow be responsible for music and sound effects playing incorrectly. I've yet to see an SNES rom where this is the case.
as true as it probably is, you still need a proper bug report in order to exclude with certainty anything else non-zsnes related.

basically what kajuru said.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]