need help cant find my games anymore

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

kuksoolwon

need help cant find my games anymore

Post by kuksoolwon »

Ive had Zsnes for over a year now and everytime that i opened it from exe it worked no problem my games were in order.!But a few day's ago i open it from my Desktop and i couldn't find any of my games!It kept showing my other files like Torrent,My Documents,the basic stuff but ive never seen this before so im wondering how can i find my games again?Aparently it is in a particuler folder but don't know which one i alway's just clicked it to open it and clicked on A throug hZ and it gave me a list of Games and now i can't find any of my games.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Probably your ZSNES folder if you never touched anything. Search your drives for "*.smc" and you will likely find where they are.

Just curious; how did the ROMs end up on your computer without you knowing to where they were written?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Johan_H wrote:Search your drives for "*.smc" and you will likely find where they are.
kuksoolwon wrote:just clicked it to open it and clicked on A throug hZ
The latter makes me think the former won't (read: stupid RAWMZ set downloabladed through pipes / copied from friend::CD, because it's so cool to have 3452 games you'll never even load).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: need help cant find my games anymore

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

kuksoolwon wrote:Aparently it is in a particuler folder but don't know which one
What makes you think WE know your hard drive's directory structure better than you do?
kuksoolwon

Post by kuksoolwon »

Somebody installed it for me for 20 dollars and i don't know where he is now his Bisness is gone.!I never had to locate a folder i would just click on the Load option and then click on the letters A through Z and their they were.Somebody must of tankered with it without me knowing it.Sorry if this is something that i should already know.But i will try that SMC thing.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

So, you payed a guy for something thats FREE and illegal... zsnes should never be bundles with games unless there public domain.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

kuksoolwon wrote:Somebody installed it for me for 20 dollars and i don't know where he is now his Bisness is gone.!I never had to locate a folder i would just click on the Load option and then click on the letters A through Z and their they were.Somebody must of tankered with it without me knowing it.Sorry if this is something that i should already know.But i will try that SMC thing.
That's all very interesting, but still doesn't explain how we should know your directory structure.
Kajuru
Regular

Post by Kajuru »

Search for the supported extensions(RTFM!) and you will eventually find them.
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

well, it is entirely possible that kuksoolwon was such of a PITA that 20 dollars was hardly a fair trade, franpa.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Maybe he should have spent $20 towards learning how to use a computer. :p
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

there was virus that delete anything with *.jpg; *.jpe; *.jpeg; *.mov; *.mpg; *.gif; *.png; *.mp?

lets hope his computer doesn't infected with modified virus that delete *.sfc; *.smc; *.swc; *.jma
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

He wrote me a couple of PMs (for some reason), it seems he was just not trying hard enough before asking for help.
kuksoolwon wrote:i just kept searching and i found the Super Nintendo folder Thanks!But question is their a newer Version with more Games?
-_-

Exciting update: Now he sent me an e-mail, at least it ends with "i won't bother you anymore."
Last edited by Johan_H on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Johan_H wrote:He wrote me a couple of PMs (for some reason), it seems he was just not trying hard enough before asking for help.
kuksoolwon wrote:i just kept searching and i found the Super Nintendo folder Thanks!But question is their a newer Version with more Games?
-_-
PM him back "Yes. It's called Project64"
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Johan_H wrote:He wrote me a couple of PMs (for some reason), it seems he was just not trying hard enough before asking for help.
-_-
PM him back "Yes. It's called Project64"
Add to this idea.

Tell him it needs an extremely fast CD drive, and send him a slightly cracked disc that should have GAEMS on it.

We can only hope he sits in front of his CD tray and it is at least chest-level.