April Fools Day

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

tcaudilllg2
Hazed

April Fools Day

Post by tcaudilllg2 »

Somehow, nothing is going to catch me by surprise today. I usually don't remember April 1st when it arrives, but I will today.

It'd have to be something really obtuse to catch me off guard today; something, in fact, that would probably genuinely piss me off.

I remember the Zophar.net FBI notice joke. Would've been funny as hell were it not have been executed so daftly. As it was, it genuinely enraged me against the FBI.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Google has some funny ones this year. Virgle and Gmail Custom Time comes to mind.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
tcaudilllg2
Hazed

Post by tcaudilllg2 »

I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

The GameFAQs poll is rofl worthy.

Still not as good as the X-Box prank though. Man, that was classic. The best part was the next day. CJayC made a post on the front page stating he was going to sell the e-mail addresses of everyone who e-mailed him and bitched at him, saying, "If they'll believe this, they'll believe anything."
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

is the ZSnesW has its April 1st "easter egg"?
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Ah, April Fools' Day, the day every Facebook couple changes their relationship status to engaged or single.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

ign actually made a live action zelda trailer.

looks to be of uwe boll quality, but they actually made a trailer, with real people.

unfortunately, i don't think zelda could survive as a film. none of the games i've played had an engrossing enough story. which means it would have to be a unique story, and that's where those kinds of things tend to fail.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

sweener2001 wrote:ign actually made a live action zelda trailer.

looks to be of uwe boll quality, but they actually made a trailer, with real people.

unfortunately, i don't think zelda could survive as a film. none of the games i've played had an engrossing enough story. which means it would have to be a unique story, and that's where those kinds of things tend to fail.
Zelda 1 is perfect for Hollywood. Two hours of violence, interspersed with short snippets of bad dialog.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

They already did that, it's called Legend. Miyamoto has said it was the inspiration for the game - there are quite a few parallels.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

casualsax3 wrote:They already did that, it's called Legend. Miyamoto has said it was the inspiration for the game - there are quite a few parallels.
How is that possible when it came out a year after LoZ was released in Japan?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

badinsults wrote:
casualsax3 wrote:They already did that, it's called Legend. Miyamoto has said it was the inspiration for the game - there are quite a few parallels.
Time travel.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

badinsults wrote:
Zelda was Feb 86 in Japan, Legend was October 85.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_(film)
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

meh.

the thing I couldn't believe was that Youtube itself and N-P-fucking-R would officially endorse rickrolling.