Paths

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

PoisonedV

Paths

Post by PoisonedV »

I want my save path to be, the folder of the rom, IE C:\Batman, plus saves, so the saves would reside in C:\Batman\saves for example. How do I do this? I tried putting in '\saves\' in the path field on the latest ZSNES and it didn't work.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I'm just gonna facepalm over there, don't mind me.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

If I were interested in doing that, I'd probably not use an absolute path like \saves, since that would just make ZSNES use C:\saves.

Then again, copying and pasting the path you want to use would work too.

Or you could, y'know, continue to be an idiot and not read the documentation.
PoisonedV

Post by PoisonedV »

I already read the readmes- I don't want an absolute path. I've tried all the standard conventions, including the way it said in the readme.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It has already been added, but what you're requested is not in 1.51.

'\saves\' is an absolute path.. you need a '.' preceding the first '\' to make it relative.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
PoisonedV

Post by PoisonedV »

Deathlike2 wrote:It has already been added, but what you're requested is not in 1.51.

'\saves\' is an absolute path.. you need a '.' preceding the first '\' to make it relative.
Yes, that is what I meant, thanks for not misinterpreting it and being a total dick.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Lol yea we totally misinterpreted your complete ignorance of what a relative path is.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

PoisonedV wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:It has already been added, but what you're requested is not in 1.51.

Yes, that is what I meant, thanks for not misinterpreting it and being a total dick.
Fact 1. We are not mindreaders.

Fact 2. We have no knowledge of your computer experience.
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
PoisonedV wrote:

Fact 3. Welcome to the ZSNES board. Wear lubricant.
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

Wouldn't it drip off or dry out, though?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

whicker wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
PoisonedV wrote:

Fact 3. Welcome to the ZSNES board. Wear lubricant.
It's tough to be nice on the Internets.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...