Linux build using gcc 4.2.3

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Mig21

Linux build using gcc 4.2.3

Post by Mig21 »

Hey

I used to be able to build zsnes 1.5.1 with no trouble. But now I upgraded my distribution (to Slackware 12.1 from 12.0) and zsnes won't build anymore.

I guess the version of gcc is most likely to be at fault. It used to be 4.1.2 and now it's 4.2.3

Here are all the messages from running make:

Code: Select all

g++  -pipe -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -D__UNIXSDL__  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -D__OPENGL__ -march=i386 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -fno-rtti -o tools/fileutil.o -c tools/fileutil.cpp
g++  -pipe -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -D__UNIXSDL__  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -D__OPENGL__ -march=i386 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -fno-rtti -o tools/strutil.o -c tools/strutil.cpp
g++  -pipe -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -D__UNIXSDL__  -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -D__OPENGL__ -march=i386 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -s -fno-rtti -o tools/depbuild tools/depbuild.cpp tools/fileutil.o tools/strutil.o
/tmp/ccVrrFZt.o: In function `__tcf_4':
depbuild.cpp:(.text+0x175): undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'
/tmp/ccVrrFZt.o: In function `__tcf_3':
depbuild.cpp:(.text+0x1d1): undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'
/tmp/ccVrrFZt.o: In function `__tcf_2':
depbuild.cpp:(.text+0x22d): undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'
/tmp/ccVrrFZt.o: In function `__tcf_1':
depbuild.cpp:(.text+0x289): undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'
/tmp/ccVrrFZt.o: In function `dependency_calculate_asm(char const*)':
depbuild.cpp:(.text+0x45d): undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'
/tmp/ccVrrFZt.o:depbuild.cpp:(.text+0x474): more undefined references to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4' follow
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make: *** [tools/depbuild] Erreur 1
If there's anything I can do to help, please ask.

Thanks.