Game_Music_Emu plugin for Winamp

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Updated
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

The buffer issue is still present for SPC files.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Really? Well that is certainly odd.

For me, XMPlay and Winamp 5 work fine, regardless of sample buffer size.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I use Direct Sound, 32kh for SPC, 4000ms buffer and 1000ms for the other 2 buffers. (everything doubled) and it ends about 2 seconds early when playing a SPC.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Thanks for the info.

Question is, why are you using doubled buffers? The normal buffer size should be adequate.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

less likely to stutter while playing games?
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

less likely to stutter while playing games?
Ah, sorry for my sheer ignorance. I hardly listen to music while gaming, as I focus on the game's sound only.

The only time I listen to music is when I'm on IRC/IM/Internet/programming. And the normal sample buffer sizes are perfectly fine for me when I use my plugin under those occasions.
Fras
Hazed

Post by Fras »

There seems to some trouble with switching tracks in an NSF. If playing a short track(sound effects), the "<-<"-button doesn't jump a track back, just to the beginning of the sound effect. The ">->"-button seems to skip a track when playing sound effects... also, the Track No. doesn't update if it switches song number by itself, but i guess that's kind of a minor thing. By the way, I have only tested megaman 4's NSF.

I noticed now that "play forever" fixes this issue. >_>
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Er... hey Mudlord... where'd your plugin page go?

It's 404 now.

I was just about to advertise it too.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Its down for upgrades to my personal page. (The VBA-M domain is still fine, just my personal site portion, not the VBA-M related sections, like the site and forum)

In the meantime, tukuyomi's page (snesemu.black-ship.net) mirrors the plugin.

Sorry for the inconveniance.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Mudlord was very kind to send me his sources of his great in_gme plugin. I've been working for the past four hours or so trying to rip out my core and put it in that plugin since many people have asked for my core to be used in a VGM player. So here is the resulting plugin. This new YM2612 core is unreleased yet in my emulator and contains all my latest changes to it. In other words, its bleeding edge :) . Its been observed to be more accurate than Kega in some cases (and not in some others :) ).

One thing though, it will play any VGM/VGZ file except the ones created with the old Gens/VGM emulator by Maxim. I've not looked at why is this the case.

Secondly, I don't use my own resampler in this since there is blargg's own high quality polyphase FIR resampler in it. So sound may differ in quality.

Hopefully everybody is happy with it :) . I will work some more on it later if I find time.

Finally all credits and thanks should go to mudlord and blargg for this.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

stay safe,

AamirM
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

AamirM wrote:Hi,

Mudlord was very kind to send me his sources of his great in_gme plugin. I've been working for the past four hours or so trying to rip out my core and put it in that plugin since many people have asked for my core to be used in a VGM player. So here is the resulting plugin. This new YM2612 core is unreleased yet in my emulator and contains all my latest changes to it. In other words, its bleeding edge :) . Its been observed to be more accurate than Kega in some cases (and not in some others :) ).

One thing though, it will play any VGM/VGZ file except the ones created with the old Gens/VGM emulator by Maxim. I've not looked at why is this the case.

Secondly, I don't use my own resampler in this since there is blargg's own high quality polyphase FIR resampler in it. So sound may differ in quality.

Hopefully everybody is happy with it :) . I will work some more on it later if I find time.

Finally all credits and thanks should go to mudlord and blargg for this.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

stay safe,

AamirM
Congrats on the new YM2612 core! Can't wait to hear it!
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Original links dead thanks to the various server movements etc., anywhere else to get it?
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

franpa wrote:Original links dead thanks to the various server movements etc., anywhere else to get it?
http://snesemu.black-ship.net/?page=spc&list=all
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

since theres a bunch with similar names, here is the direct link to the final version. http://snesemu.black-ship.net/spc/in_mgme.exe

and thanks AamirM.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

..I really should settle on a final name, but I cant decide what.

I am considering rewriting the thing, since I have a few more ideas (something like what Disch's plugin does for subsong support would be nice), and the main issue with sample buffer sizes needs to be fixed.. Though RAR support is still out of the question (still sounds messy to me). Would be nice to make it exploit the new Winamp 5 API functions for the media library...my only concern is that it must support XMPlay fine in the process.....
kaappikello

Post by kaappikello »

Is there any way to play the "special" tracks from games like Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia which SPC format cannot properly store? For example ToP intro theme don't have any vocals but some weird noise and some other tracks have weird noises too.

This plugin has the most perfect SNES audio emulation I have ever heard. Blargg surely knows his stuff and huge thanks to plugin maker too. 8)
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Yes and since Blargg's audio core will be in Zsnes 2.0, that will be truly amazing as well. This plugin rules. Period.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

kaappikello wrote:Is there any way to play the "special" tracks from games like Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia which SPC format cannot properly store? For example ToP intro theme don't have any vocals but some weird noise and some other tracks have weird noises too.

This plugin has the most perfect SNES audio emulation I have ever heard. Blargg surely knows his stuff and huge thanks to plugin maker too. 8)
Only if the "special" tracks aren't streamed.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

kaappikello wrote:Is there any way to play the "special" tracks from games like Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia which SPC format cannot properly store?
Star Ocean has no such tracks.
franpa wrote:Only if the "special" tracks aren't streamed.
He's asking if something can play those streams, dummy.

Code: Select all

<dude> hey, what can i use to make sandwiches with ham ?
<franpa> you can use that, as long as you make sandwiches without ham
<dude> ... "ok"
Anyway, kaappikello, there's this, but I have no idea how advanced it is.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

It sounds pretty good to me.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
kaappikello

Post by kaappikello »

I tried in_snsf.dll plugin for Winamp and it doesn't sound as good as Blargg's sound emulation plus it has lots of errors when playing tracks which use that streaming or whatever it is called.

There was source for SNSF player, but couldn't find EXE version from it.

If only SNSF format would work with MGME. That would be cool! 8)
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

can you seek from track to track with NSFs?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

From the last sources I had, you can move from song to song, with the mini playback control (like NotSo Fatso).

The last thing I would want is to use Winamp hooks.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

kaappikello wrote:I tried in_snsf.dll plugin for Winamp and it doesn't sound as good as Blargg's sound emulation plus it has lots of errors when playing tracks which use that streaming or whatever it is called.

There was source for SNSF player, but couldn't find EXE version from it.

If only SNSF format would work with MGME. That would be cool! 8)
Honestly, I don't know how that would work out. Is there any source to that DLL?