Question about 1 player games....

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

isamu
Hazed

Question about 1 player games....

Post by isamu »

Hey guys :)

I was wondering if you could tell me if it's possible to have two people participate in a single player game online?

Let's take Super PunchOut for example....Super PunchOut is a single player game. But my buddy and I like to take turns putting up the best TKO times against the AI. Is there a way we both can take turns watching each other play against the AI in either zbattle, CGA, or even within ZSNES itself?

Please let me know.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Yes. If you press ESC while in-game over netplay, under the chat window you can check a box to indicate who is player one and who is player two. Obviously player two does nothing in a one player game, so you guys would just need to alternate being player one.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

Sferics wrote:Yes. If you press ESC while in-game over netplay, under the chat window you can check a box to indicate who is player one and who is player two. Obviously player two does nothing in a one player game, so you guys would just need to alternate being player one.
Thanks for the reply man it's appreciated. Someone else had said the same thing, so I went into ZSNES and looked for the boxes to check and uncheck and didn't see them....but now I know why....their in the CHAT window, not the ZSNES GUI window. No wonder I didn't see it LOL. That little bit of info you just posted helped a lot. Thanks again! :)
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

No problem, always glad to help.
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

OK let me ask you guys this:

While my friend and I are playing the single player game over the net, let's say I loaded a save state that the BOTH of us have on our PC....same exact save state. Would it cause our connection to desync? I know I've heard about how loading save states in a net play game can cause desyncs, but what if it's a save state that I copied over to his folder? Would it be OK then?
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

In my experience, it's pretty much a crapshoot when it comes to savestates over netplay, even if both players have the exact same file. I've had experiences where it has worked and where it hasn't, so I guess you just have to give it a shot.