LOL Thread 3 - Return of the LOL

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

Franky been drinking? :roll:
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Franky isn't old enough to drink.

Oh wait

He is there I guess.
declan
Lurker

Post by declan »

Drinking age in the UK

HEY FRANKY!!!!
PSP
Hardware means nothing if you don't have good software.
Compare the success of SNES over Genisis
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Drinking laws in the US will confuse me until I die, even if they've been fixed.

"Ok, kid. You can go, kill people and possibly die in the name of our country, but you get no liquor."

"Well, fuck you, sir."
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Incidentally, I don't actually drink any alcohol, at all.
(Like hell I'd ever drink that stuff anyway; it tastes like shit)
declan wrote: HEY FRANKY!!!!
PSP
Yo declan,
PSP
yes, PSP
byuu

Post by byuu »

I.S.T. wrote:Drinking laws in the US will confuse me until I die, even if they've been fixed.
Offtopic much? The main reason for the laws are to help stop college kids from driving drunk. They'd have more success by raising the driving age to 21 instead, and let kids get drunken partying out of the way before they can drive, but as you can imagine that'd be quite the strain since we expect kids to start working at 16 here.

But to be honest, you're really not missing much.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

byuu wrote:
I.S.T. wrote:Drinking laws in the US will confuse me until I die, even if they've been fixed.
Offtopic much? The main reason for the laws are to help stop college kids from driving drunk. They'd have more success by raising the driving age to 21 instead, and let kids get drunken partying out of the way before they can drive, but as you can imagine that'd be quite the strain since we expect kids to start working at 16 here.

But to be honest, you're really not missing much.
What are the numbers on the # of accidents, relative to the age of the drivers? That would be where I would look to justifying that. Otherwise the age old excuse of going to war will be prevalent... unfortunately. Then again, teenagers are prone to thinking they could do it all (cell phones, drinking, etc.)
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Deathlike2 wrote:What are the numbers on the # of accidents, relative to the age of the drivers? That would be where I would look to justifying that.
No idea about the US, but here about 50% of all accidents are caused by male 18-23yo drivers. (18 is the legal age for diving a car here).
byuu

Post by byuu »

Deathlike, true, should've posted some statistics.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-drivi ... stics.html
In fatal crashes in 2006, the highest percentage of drivers with a BAC level of .08 or higher was for drivers ages 21-24 (33%), followed by ages 25-34 (29%) and 35-44 (25%).
That's actually a lot better than I expected, age distribution wide. Though 33% in a 3-year window is pretty staggering, and it doesn't list under-21, which would account for a lot of college students. What is most interesting (but least surprising) is this bit:
As in previous years, in 2006, males comprise a majority, about 81 percent, of all drivers involved in fatal crashes with a BAC=.08+.
Explains our car insurance rates, at least. Also,
Otherwise the age old excuse of going to war will be prevalent... unfortunately.
Interesting story. They actually used to allow enlisted soldiers to drink on base when they were 18-20. Thank MADD that this is no longer the case.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicel ... ingage.htm
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Why do people drink anyway? It just looks like the most pointless and boring thing to do. I mean, going out with friends, walking all that way, just to get to a bar and drink?

(well, I say "walk all that way", but some people might drive; and if they're responsible, someone will volunteer to drive (and not drink alcohol when they are there, so that they are in a fit state to drive everyone home again)).
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

obvious troll is obvious
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

no seriously, why?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

grinvader wrote:obvious troll is obvious
Indeed.

Franky, it's clearly obvious you've never left the house for a social occasion.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

hopefully you'll someday understand the simple pleasures of meeting up with friends at the bar for a drink.

good friends, good times, and good eye candy.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Binge drinking is stupidly common among young people (both men and women) in the UK.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

I'd rather put my head out the window on a rainy morning. That would actually be more entertaining that going out with friends, drinking. It would also feel better.

Also, pubs scare the shit out of me.
Last edited by ZH/Franky on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Clements wrote:Binge drinking is stupidly common among young people (both men and women) in the UK.
It probably wouldn't be as bad as it is in the US...
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Franky wrote:I'd rather put my head out the window on a rainy morning. That would actually be more entertaining that going out with friends, drinking. It would also feel better.

Prepared to be made fun of in college and in your adult life.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

snkcube wrote:
Franky wrote:I'd rather put my head out the window on a rainy morning. That would actually be more entertaining that going out with friends, drinking. It would also feel better.

Yeah? There are plenty of adults that don't enter pubs, ever. All I need to do is keep quiet with respect to my feelings about pubs, and just never enter one... or at least, try to never enter one (because sometimes life forces you to go to certain places... so I'll only go to one when I am absolutely required to).
odditude

Post by odditude »

Franky wrote:
snkcube wrote:

Yeah? There are plenty of adults that don't enter pubs, ever. All I need to do is keep quiet with respect to my feelings about pubs, and just never enter one... or at least, try to never enter one (because sometimes life forces you to go to certain places... so I'll only go to one when I am absolutely required to).
why do they scare the shit out of you? if you have a true anxiety disorder, then you shouldn't be surprised that you can't understand other people's enjoyment of it.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

I don't know why pubs scare me.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Hahaha, oh man, this is the best thread of the year. Moved to a more appropriate spot, though.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

byuu wrote:
Offtopic much? The main reason for the laws are to help stop college kids from driving drunk.
That's the modern justification.
It's really a compromise from the prohibition era.

"Well, banning alcohol didn't really work that well... in fact, it didn't work at all... we're gonna unban it and change things back to how they were before."
"Okay, fair enough... can we at least raise the drinking age from 18 to 21? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"
"Yeah, that seems reasonable, even though they aren't really children... but you pay us good, so... whatever. "
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

ok, I'm not even going to say anything now.
All I have to say is this:
>_<

I just keep fucking up.
odditude

Post by odditude »

Franky wrote:ok, I'm not even going to say anything now.
i'll drink to that!

speaking of which, to yank this even further from the original topic...

for those who DO drink, what are your drinks of choice?