LOL Thread 3 - Return of the LOL

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Again, we're talking about people who are being responsible.. not idiots that are drinking and driving and being totally irresponsible.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Franky wrote:Alcohol is evil (just look at what it does to people; some might become alcoholic, but then in cities where there are lots of pubs around, and lots of people, there is often violence on hte street; I predict that if everyone stopped drinking alcohol and no one produced it anymore, that crime would drop about 20 percent (then again, it would create a black market, much like during the prohibition era in america, resulting is something similar to what you hear about drugs being sold to people in that black market, which would give scum-of-the-earth criminals (that shouldn't be allowed to live) power over people, in the same way that power is given to dangerous criminals that sell drugs).
Food is evil. Look at what it does to people: some might overeat, become obese, and die of heart attacks. People who can't afford food steal to get it.

Money is evil. Look at what it does to people: some might become obsessed with money and ignore everything else in their life.

Cars are evil. Look at what they do to people: some who can't drive might cause horrible accidents.

Shall I continue?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,
Food is evil. Look at what it does to people: some might overeat, become obese, and die of heart attacks. People who can't afford food steal to get it.

Money is evil. Look at what it does to people: some might become obsessed with money and ignore everything else in their life.

Cars are evil. Look at what they do to people: some who can't drive might cause horrible accidents.

Shall I continue?
But don't only assholes do that sort of things?? Are you trying to say that you can do wrong/bad things (become alcoholic for example) and still be right?

stay safe,

AamirM
odditude

Post by odditude »

AamirM wrote:Hi,

Shall I continue?
But don't only assholes do that sort of things?? Are you trying to say that you can do wrong/bad things (become alcoholic for example) and still be right?

stay safe,

AamirM
that's not at all what i'm saying. i'm saying don't make sweeping generalizations because some people can't handle their shit responsibly.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Oh, ok then :) . I came here to look for a *descent* SNES emu anyways :lol: . Seriously, I have not seen a thread diverge from the original topic this wildly. Its pretty amusing to think that something that started something like "SneSe is a good " getting ended up like "I like beer". My vote goes for the thread of the year award.

stay safe,

AamirM
diminish

Post by diminish »

I'm an occasional drinker, but my drink of choice is polska wódka :) when partying or beer when not. I also like to drink sake straight from the bottle, it kinda tastes like crystal clear water full of smoothness to me :P.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

AamirM wrote:Hi,

Oh, ok then :) . I came here to look for a *descent* SNES emu anyways :lol: . Seriously, I have not seen a thread diverge from the original topic this wildly. Its pretty amusing to think that something that started something like "SneSe is a good " getting ended up like "I like beer". My vote goes for the thread of the year award.

stay safe,

AamirM
this is your everyday topic on non-emu zboard threads.
_-|-_
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Agozer wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Agozer wrote:There are no filters that target specific users and their posts.
Holy fuck i wish.
One can dream.

And update phpBB and/or write a script.
Simply make an admin-editable list on user pages... <.<

It'd function identically to the filter list we have now, and in the post display code when it starts filtering, simply check if the poster's filter list, isn't blank and if it's not... hilarity!
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

odditude wrote:
Franky wrote:Alcohol is evil (just look at what it does to people; some might become alcoholic, but then in cities where there are lots of pubs around, and lots of people, there is often violence on hte street; I predict that if everyone stopped drinking alcohol and no one produced it anymore, that crime would drop about 20 percent (then again, it would create a black market, much like during the prohibition era in america, resulting is something similar to what you hear about drugs being sold to people in that black market, which would give scum-of-the-earth criminals (that shouldn't be allowed to live) power over people, in the same way that power is given to dangerous criminals that sell drugs).

Shall I continue?
Those things have a purpose, alcohol does not. And, the incentive to "misuse" those things, is much less than the incentive would be to drink too much. Btw, did you know that obsession for money only affects 1% of the population? (there might be more people than that, but only the mega rich that own banks and other institutions that have power over people, can affect people in the sense of someone being obsessed with money; but they only really affect low-income familes that for some reason believe that they can afford to have kids). Like, if my nextdoor neighbor got, say 30 grand a year; they are normal, and have no impact on others, so their obsession for money does nothing (conincidentally, my nextdoor neighbour is on 30k a year, and does have an obsession for money :D ). I imagine 99% of people wouldn't want to drive like idiots, in valuing their own lives, and the amount of accidents with cars is much, much smaller in comparison to the impact that alcohol has on people. Again, people who eat too much and don't get enough excersise, do not affect others, and when they die they are actually helping society (means us tax payers don't pay for them to get their ignorant selves fixed in hospital).
Plus, you are twisting the context in which I spoke.

And yes, please continue.
odditude

Post by odditude »

Franky wrote:Those things have a purpose, alcohol does not... please continue.
spoken with the zeal and self-assuredness of the young and inexperienced. unfortunately, the unwillingness to look at situations with an open mind is also evident... hopefully that will also change with time and experience.
DOLLS (J) [!]
ZNES Developer

Post by DOLLS (J) [!] »

Franky wrote:Those things have a purpose, alcohol does not.
Alcohol helps me tolerate people like you.
Besides, without it, 31% of sex wouldn't happen.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

@odditude:
Well, other than a fuel for engines (as I mentioned earlier), please tell me a purpose for alcohol. Though I said alcohol can be used as a fuel, petrol/diesel are far superior, which makes alcohol obsolete for that purpose. So, tell me what purpose alcohol has, please.
Come, enlighten me.
DOLLS (J) [!] wrote:
Alcohol helps me tolerate people like you. *1
Besides, without it, 31% of sex wouldn't happen. *2
*1* Make yourself laugh (your brain will release endorphins). Alcohol = Obsolete.
*2* Which means that 69% of sex will still happen. Alcohol = Obsolete.
Last edited by ZH/Franky on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

You are a scaredy cat; admit it now. Your arguments about crime dropping if alcohol, I dunno, were prohibited have already been disproved historically.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

funkyass wrote:You are a scaredy cat; admit it now. Your arguments about crime dropping if alcohol, I dunno, were prohibited have already been disproved historically.
Read the part where I said "then again" and actually MENTIONED the prohibition, saying how actually, crime would only increase. And you're implying that I meant completely stop, but I only said drop 20% when initially saying that it would reduce crime. You are just repeating exactly what I said myself.

I also said (before saying to prohibit alcohol) "if people decided to stop drinking forever", which would null the effect of prohibition. But, that would be a stupid thing to expect, because people are not going to simply stop drinking alcohol anyway.

And no, I'm not a scaredy cat.
MisterJones
Trooper

Post by MisterJones »

_-|-_
odditude

Post by odditude »

out of curiosity, franky, do you often seem to find yourself in "me vs. the world" situations?
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

MisterJones wrote:
http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/alcoholandhealth.html

also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
アルコル....健康にしては良いって?? 笑らわせるな.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
odditude

Post by odditude »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:
MisterJones wrote:

also

"Alcor is the good health .... it? Laughs out of it."

who cast mumbleflare and summoned him?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

odditude wrote:out of curiosity, franky, do you often seem to find yourself in "me vs. the world" situations?
That's selling him short methinks.
Franky wrote:
DOLLS (J) [!] wrote:
Alcohol helps me tolerate people like you. *1
Besides, without it, 31% of sex wouldn't happen. *2
*1* Make yourself laugh (your brain will release endorphins). Alcohol = Obsolete.
Fake laughs provide zilch, so that's a retarded comment.
*2* Which means that 69% of sex will still happen. Alcohol = Obsolete.
Are you proposing free prostitutes for all? Make sure to tip them well!
odditude wrote:
neo_bahamut1985 wrote:
MisterJones wrote:

also

"Alcor is the good health .... it? Laughs out of it."

who cast mumbleflare and summoned him?
Must've been Dumbledore.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

MisterJones wrote:

also

>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
>_<
I guess I was proven wrong about the alcohol. Ok, in that case when I'm 18 I'm going to start drinking alcohol moderately.

(by the way, I don't drink too much water. I generally drink about half a pint of it every hour or two. That's a healthy amount, right?).
out of curiosity, franky, do you often seem to find yourself in "me vs. the world" situations?
Yes, I will be honest about that one. I often feel like people are trying to take over and take everything away from me (like when multiple people compete to get a job somewhere, and only one person can have it), and that the world tries to fuck me up. I feel as though I have to fight to get what I want, or I'll lose it; so I work extremely hard to get what I want in life. And I never settle, either.
I'm also extremely stubborn, and I hate to lose (even in trivial things, half the time).
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Franky wrote:Well, other than a fuel for engines (as I mentioned earlier), please tell me a purpose for alcohol. Though I said alcohol can be used as a fuel, petrol/diesel are far superior, which makes alcohol obsolete for that purpose. So, tell me what purpose alcohol has, please.
petrol/diesel are fossil fuels, using them means pumping CO2 into the atmosphere so they're not superior in the not fucking up atmosphere CO2 levels sense.

And really it sounds like you have kind of serious psychological issues, I don't mean this as an insult but as actual advise: Consider going to see a psychologist.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Johan_H wrote:
Franky wrote:Well, other than a fuel for engines (as I mentioned earlier), please tell me a purpose for alcohol. Though I said alcohol can be used as a fuel, petrol/diesel are far superior, which makes alcohol obsolete for that purpose. So, tell me what purpose alcohol has, please.
petrol/diesel are fossil fuels, using them means pumping CO2 into the atmosphere so they're not superior in the not fucking up atmosphere CO2 levels sense.
You actually believe that propoganda? Sorry but it's more heat from extra solar activity that causes more CO2, not that more CO2 means more heat. Yeah, ozone layer, this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thick,
and added CO2, this:
-
thick.

Just look at the ice ages: more CO2 appears because of extra solar activity (there was about 10 times as much CO2 in the atmosphere then than there is now). The ice melted because there was more heat from the sun. The CO2 is just a side effect.

The same thing that happened to end the ice ages, is what's happening now to melt the polar ice caps.

So, I will quite happily drive a car and pump out as much CO2 as I like.
And don't you dare say "yeah, but CO2 will still pollute the air". For mother...fucking.....sake... CO2 is how living things grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole business of "global warming" is just greedy men in suits that want your money.
Yeah, let's travel to the sun and try to change it back to how it was before this whole global warming thing. That'll definitely work!
(This statement may sound silly, but it's in much the same spirit as that expressed in the propoganda you see on TV about it. And at least I'm telling the truth; those people on TV just lie straight to your face).
Climate change? Yeah, sorry but you're gonna have to deal with it; coz there's nothin u can doo.
It is simply a weather pattern that cannot be stopped by us humans, and will only stop of it's own accord. Damn man, do you people actually think you can edit the earth!?!?!?
And really it sounds like you have kind of serious psychological issues, I don't mean this as an insult but as actual advise: Consider going to see a psychologist.
Oh fuck you, I'm fine. Don't treat me like a child, please.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

lol oh god
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

Franky wrote: You actually believe that propoganda? Sorry but it's more heat from extra solar activity that causes more CO2, not that more CO2 means more heat. Yeah, ozone layer, this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thick,
and added CO2, this:
-
thick.

Just look at the ice ages: more CO2 appears because of extra solar activity (there was about 10 times as much CO2 in the atmosphere then than there is now). The ice melted because there was more heat from the sun. The CO2 is just a side effect.

The same thing that happened to end the ice ages, is what's happening now to melt the polar ice caps.

And don't you dare say "yeah, but CO2 will still pollute the air". For mother...fucking.....sake... CO2 is how living things grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole business of "global warming" is just greedy men in suits that want your money.
Yeah, let's travel to the sun and try to change it back to how it was before this whole global warming thing. That'll definitely work!
(This statement may sound silly, but it's in much the same spirit as that expressed in the propoganda you see on TV about it. And at least I'm telling the truth; those people on TV just lie straight to your face).
Climate change? Yeah, sorry but you're gonna have to deal with it; coz there's nothing u can doo.
One of the most ignorant diatribes I've ever seen on this board.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Clements wrote:
Franky wrote: You actually believe that propoganda? Sorry but it's more heat from extra solar activity that causes more CO2, not that more CO2 means more heat. Yeah, ozone layer, this:
thick,
and added CO2, this:
-
thick.

Climate change? Yeah, sorry but you're gonna have to deal with it; coz there's nothing u can doo.
One of the most ignorant diatribes I've ever seen on this board.
It is also one of the most funny random diatribes.

CO2 isn't generated by ice melting. Really. It's generated from your ass.