Mother 3

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

12 minutes in for me. it's classy stuff, alright

i think i'm going to start over though, and change the text speed to medium. i keep accidentally skipping things.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

A little over an hour for me, I'm a slow player.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

sweener2001 wrote:12 minutes in for me. it's classy stuff, alright

i think i'm going to start over though, and change the text speed to medium. i keep accidentally skipping things.
You can change the text speed when you load a file.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

Im about 2 hours in. Excellent translation. Using VBA.
bringing Zsnes back
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

Oh jeez. Those drag queen guys cracked me up.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I like this game more than Earthbound.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Aaron wrote:Oh jeez. Those drag queen guys cracked me up.
Magypsies (sp?)

they're awesome. that being said I'm in the fifth chapter, ~10 hours into the game.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

This game is pretty insane. I just fended off a bass guitar, FUCK. I'll give it extra points for making the game more fun then challenging because I can't stand crap like that. The pacing is really nice too with all the save points.

Edit: oops
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

The Magypsies are made of awesome and win. Cracked me up so bad.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

Neo Kaiser wrote:I like this game more than Earthbound.
I think I like Earthbound more, but I'll reserve judgment for when I complete M3.
bringing Zsnes back
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

This may sound like blasphemy to some of you, but I've never actually completed Earthbound. Mother 3 looks really good, but before I play it (and though I could play it anyway, since it's not a sequel to earthbound, but rather, a seperate game), I'll complete Earthbound first (I got a little bit into it, but my attention span is a peice of shit. I usually go further, and by extension, complete games on a whim).
:shock:
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Franky wrote:This may sound like blasphemy to some of you, but I've never actually completed Earthbound. Mother 3 looks really good, but before I play it (and though I could play it anyway, since it's not a sequel to earthbound, but rather, a seperate game), I'll complete Earthbound first (I got a little bit into it, but my attention span is a peice of shit. I usually go further, and by extension, complete games on a whim).
Don't feel bad. I've also not completed earthbound. I've gotten to the final area several times, but for some crazy reason, I never go any further.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Starman Ghost wrote:
Franky wrote:This may sound like blasphemy to some of you, but I've never actually completed Earthbound. Mother 3 looks really good, but before I play it (and though I could play it anyway, since it's not a sequel to earthbound, but rather, a seperate game), I'll complete Earthbound first (I got a little bit into it, but my attention span is a peice of shit. I usually go further, and by extension, complete games on a whim).
Don't feel bad. I've also not completed earthbound. I've gotten to the final area several times, but for some crazy reason, I never go any further.
?? I don't feel bad about it. All I said was that I've never completed Earthbound.
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

Franky wrote:
Starman Ghost wrote:
?? I don't feel bad about it. All I said was that I've never completed Earthbound.
YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD!

;)

by the way, i've been experimenting with VBA in an attempt to get the best possible picture settings. What do you guys use?
bringing Zsnes back
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

FOR OLD PEOPLE;

ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Warning: Biased opinion:
The scale2x filter is always the best, for anything (even for 3D, on textures and whatnot (anti-aliasing aside)).
If I recall, it's something like "AdvanceMame Scale2x" or something.
HQnX is second best.
gllt

Post by gllt »

Franky wrote:The scale2x filter is always the best, for anything (even for 3D, on textures and whatnot (anti-aliasing aside)).
If I recall, it's something like "AdvanceMame Scale2x" or something.
I like Scale2,3,4x. hq2,3,4x can be overkill sometimes. EPX is cool. Eagle is fun for certain things. 2xSai has it's uses. lq2,3,4x are good.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Franky wrote:Warning: Biased opinion:
blah blah blah
Warning: True fact:
Your opinions suck.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

does that happen when you name Lucas as Nach?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
gllt

Post by gllt »

adventure_of_link wrote:does that happen when you name Lucas as Nach?
Only in the 1.1 v of the patch
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

So I just beat mother 3

...and I have to say that the final boss sucked :(
NSRT here.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Mother 3's a sweet game and the translation looks as good as if Nintendo were the ones that did it! Too bad Nintendo will never officially release it...
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

adventure_of_link wrote:So I just beat mother 3

...and I have to say that the final boss sucked :(
: | That's kind of discouraging. I'm already up to the volcano area in chapter 7. So far though I've pretty much liked most of the game so far.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

More or less, the final battle is not your typical final battle.

WARNING SPOILERS BELOW

[spoiler]basically you have to survive the whole battle, and you cannot attack him AT ALL. Instead you have to whore your defense up alpha as much as possible and whore lifeup gamma once your HP goes below 100. Don't try to revive your comrades as the extreme lightning will knock them back out but reflect Lucas's lightning back at the boss. That's pretty much the only way you can hurt him. If you have 3-4 of the magypsy mementos on Lucas you should be able to whore the guard command the whole time. Once you go into round 2 you'll be able to hurt him somewhat, and the bosses attacks will deal ~20dmg to you. Oh yeah, the final enemy is Claus.[/spoiler]
NSRT here.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Hello guys, I have an exam on Sentence Execution Procedures tomorrow, so I would only like to tell you that

I hate all of you (who are playing).

That is all, carry on.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.