Vba link help anyone?

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

andrewsmonke

Vba link help anyone?

Post by andrewsmonke »

Didnt know exaclty where to put this so nonsense seemed like a good idea since this is the zsnes fourm

so anyways me and my friend play zsnes 2p alot and are looking into other 2p emus if anyone knows of any other ones please share we're using 2 diff comps

our current frustration however is over vbalink we're hopin to play some fourswords but since its not supported we're been tryin shining soul 2

ok so instead of using the vba link port(the defult one anyone i dont rember it) we're using the sameone zsnes uses, 7845 i think it is and we both have it forwarded, and we both can connect to each other the problem is we dont have a clue on what to do next, generaly what we're tried is connecting then the host(me usually) loads a rom nothing appears on his screen so he loads too then it just extremely slow/laggy, usually its at like 100-200% and with this it goes down to 1-20%

we've tried only these 2 games but shining soul is supposely supported by vba link
we both have timeout at 1k and have the joypads set correctly along with the no pause when inactive window

basically i'm wondering can vbalink be used to play with a friend on the internet, i mean we can connect its just really slow
and if not
Any other good 2player emus we could try that can be played over the internet?
Justifier!
Hazed

Post by Justifier! »

I Can't seem to understand what you said, but I was hooked up with this line
basically i'm wondering can vbalink be used to play with a friend on the internet, i mean we can connect its just really slow
and if not
Any other good 2player emus we could try that can be played over the internet?
Try Hamachi (Click Hamachi)

It's free and safe.

It will trick VBA Link thinking it's a Lan Connection only that you could find out you're conected over the internet enjoy!

and oh.... this post will help you:

http://www.theundersquare.com/forums/in ... e=threaded

Hope this helps!

:D
andrewsmonke

Post by andrewsmonke »

ya thanks bro was like 3am and was all hyped up on the red bull :lol: but ya i will def give this a shot