so apparently two neo-nazis made a plot to assassinate obama

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

so apparently two neo-nazis made a plot to assassinate obama

Post by adventure_of_link »

<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Oh yeah, I head about that this morning.

And I say good.
Good they got busted, not good they were trying to kill Obama.

It always amazes me that the Presidents that ended up getting shot were guys like Lincoln and Kennedy, but Bush can run around for eight years without getting shot at.

Oh, and wasn't there some plot to kill Obama about a month ago?
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Cigar Face wrote:It always amazes me that the Presidents that ended up getting shot were guys like Lincoln and Kennedy, but Bush can run around for eight years without getting shot at.
Republicans statistically being more trigger-happy gun-owners?

That would at least be my guess.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

creaothceann wrote:
Cigar Face wrote:It always amazes me that the Presidents that ended up getting shot were guys like Lincoln and Kennedy, but Bush can run around for eight years without getting shot at.
Republicans statistically being more trigger-happy gun-owners?

That would at least be my guess.
That's what I was thinking too, but wasn't Regan a republican?

Oh yeah, you should read some of the comments some of the people are leaving in that article.
I hope to god they are Trolls otherwise there are some fucked up people running around the net:
Snchzxsn

08:38 PMOct 28 2008

THE KKK IS WHITE AND I WILL NOT JUDGE ALL WHITES ON THIS FACT THE GOOD ALWAYS OUT WEIGHS THE BAD....I LOVE WHITE PEOPLE THEY ARE KIND GOOD PEOPLE ...... I WOULD NEVER JUDGE ANY ONE ON WHAT SOME OF THEM MAY DO......
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Pretty sure I've seen some assassination plots on Bush.

And Lincoln wasn't exactly a popular guy. He started a war no one wanted, then had a massive draft program to keep his army large enough to fight it. There's a reason the Union army had a massive desertion problem.

Ironically... John Wilkes Boothe and Lincoln were on the SAME side when Boothe shot Lincoln.

Lincoln was on the verge of impeachment for his constant vetoing of Congress' reconstruction bills.
Congress was very big on "Those damned rednecks are gonna PAY for that fucking secession nonsense!"and Lincoln was "Umm, guys? Remember I said we were going to war because you can't secede? Reconstruction is for a conquered nation, not an internal rebellion. Besides, shouldn't we be mending bridges instead of actively trying to make this north/south schism even WORSE?"
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Cigar Face wrote:Oh, and wasn't there some plot to kill Obama about a month ago?
I think there was this one guy from Florida who threatened to kill Obama.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

My dad and I predicted this months ago.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Everyone dies.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

so apparently, blah blah blah
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Apparently, barrack obama is dead. Unfortunately, it's not april fools day.
gllt

Post by gllt »

Franky wrote:Apparently, barrack obama is dead. Unfortunately, it's not april fools day.
And this is unfortunate BECAUUSSEEE
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

ahaha oh god @ the comments
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Joe Camacho wrote:My dad and I predicted this months ago.
Didn't everyone? Or in how much detail do you mean?
gllt

Post by gllt »

Johan_H wrote:
Joe Camacho wrote:My dad and I predicted this months ago.
Didn't everyone? Or in how much detail do you mean?
Down to the smell of coco butter.
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Because then Cheney would be the president, and it's a lot harder to attempt two assassinations than one.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

alexz721 wrote:
Because then Cheney would be the president, and it's a lot harder to attempt two assassinations than one.
Surely they must be in the same location at the same time at one point or another right? Isn't that what suicde bombers are for?
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

alexz721 wrote:
What's the point of killing W if Darth Cheney controls the White House already?
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Lincoln was on the verge of impeachment for his constant vetoing of Congress' reconstruction bills.
Congress was very big on "Those damned rednecks are gonna PAY for that fucking secession nonsense!"and Lincoln was "Umm, guys? Remember I said we were going to war because you can't secede? Reconstruction is for a conquered nation, not an internal rebellion. Besides, shouldn't we be mending bridges instead of actively trying to make this north/south schism even WORSE?"
No. Lincoln was killed barely a month after his second inauguration(terms started in march back then). You are thinking of Johnson, lincoln's VP at the time of his death
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I'm curious, how do you steal weapons from a gunshop??? wouldnt the people there just shoot you first? I doubt there plan would have worked anyways.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

funkyass wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:
No. Lincoln was killed barely a month after his second inauguration(terms started in march back then). You are thinking of Johnson, lincoln's VP at the time of his death
No.
Johnson is remembered(and occasionally vilified) for it in the history books, but he was carrying on Lincoln's beliefs regarding reconstruction. Lincoln's opposition to the harsh reconstruction policies pushed by Congress is well-documented, and he had already vetoed several bills put forth by the Radical Republicans to punish the South.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Lincoln only pocket vetoed one bill with that regard. Booth shot him because the south lost, not because of a single pocket-veto.

The war only ended with Lee's surrender two days before Booth killed Lincoln.

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

funkyass wrote:Lincoln only pocket vetoed one bill with that regard. Booth shot him because the south lost, not because of a single pocket-veto.
Booth most certainly WOULDN'T have killed him over the veto, as it was in HIS FAVOR.

In fact, he killed Lincoln because he was advocating voting rights for black people. He'd originally been planning to kidnap Lincoln and trade him for the release of several imprisoned confederates.

I thought I saw another pair of vetos in there. Ah well.
The war only ended with Lee's surrender two days before Booth killed Lincoln.
Reconstruction began before the official end, though(And the war continued after the official end, too. But that's nitpicking.). As soon as they started retaking land, they had to start figuring out what to do with it.

And, as I said, Lincoln's opinion is well-documented. He was on record several times advocating leniency.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Yes he was. However, the Republicans, Radical or not, would never impeach Lincoln, because he never did anything impeachable.

The outcome that Booth preferred was continued existence of the Confederate States of America. Reconstruction, regardless of how it was implemented, had no bearing on Booth's mind. Hell, reconstruction is everything the south fought against - Elimination of Slavery, total governance from DC, and a significant reduction in States rights.

Yeah, Booth and Lincoln were on the same side. That explains the "Sic semper tyrannis" bit...

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

funkyass wrote:Yes he was. However, the Republicans, Radical or not, would never impeach Lincoln, because he never did anything impeachable.
Neither did Johnson.
Impeachment, as spelled out in the Constitution, is for criminal offenses. Vetos and executive orders fall outside that scope.

The outcome that Booth preferred was continued existence of the Confederate States of America. Reconstruction, regardless of how it was implemented, had no bearing on Booth's mind. Hell, reconstruction is everything the south fought against - Elimination of Slavery, total governance from DC, and a significant reduction in States rights.

Yeah, Booth and Lincoln were on the same side. That explains the "Sic semper tyrannis" bit...
*sigh*
Reconstruction as Lincoln argued for and Reconstruction as it happened were two different things.
Lincoln was AGAINST the Washington dictatorship, remember?

As the Confederacy had already surrendered and the war was technically over, Lincoln was arguing FOR the southern states, not against them.

Booth assassinated an ally who was attempting to stop federal oppression of the former Confederate states.
Whether he saw it that way or not is another story.

Gee, and here I thought I was gonna get into an argument over the unpopular war angle.
gllt

Post by gllt »

I just skipped ten posts because they were long and felt serious from a distance

But this is so the wrong place for srs