Babylon 5

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Babylon 5

Post by gllt »

Do you watch it?

THE LAST HOPE FOR PEACEEE
Starman Ghost
Trooper

Post by Starman Ghost »

Fuck yeah, Awesome show. Got all the seasons and all the movies. One of the best sci-fi series.
[code]<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?[/code]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

didn't it have some odd spin off or something?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

alien enhances your psi (am i spell it right?) capabilty!

yeah, i watch those great series, i miss a lot of 'em though ...
Last edited by Rashidi on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEFIANT
Joystick Jedi

Post by DEFIANT »

Funny you should mention this... I just finished my B5 marathon this last month. Only thing left is "Crusade" (It's the spin-off, Panzer88).

Some of the best Sci-Fi ever. The acting was a little weak at times, but over all, it really had some depth and character that Star Trek didn't have. Star Trek was too stiff, wheres B5 had more emotion. Good show...Good times...*memories*.

I'm thinking of buying the books that finish the story of Centauri Prime and The Telepath War after Season 5 ended. I feel that they needed to close those story arcs before they ended the series, but oh well.

*puts my "inner sci-fi nerd" away*
Last edited by DEFIANT on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2365/pirateuserbartv2.jpg[/img]
E=mc²
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." -V
[url=http://sc2.sourceforge.net/]The Ur-Quan Masters[/url]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

the thing about it even though at times felt so dorky, is that it had a level of realism. Star Trek lived in a Utopian world that will never come. The world of B5 was gritty, but believable (in the sci-fi sense of the word)
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

DEFIANT wrote:I'm thinking of buying the books that finish the story of Centauri Prime and The Telepath War after Season 5 ended. I feel that they need to close those story arcs before they ended the series, but oh well.
if Crusade had went longer it would've touched on those two threads Im sure. Well it had to.

Too bad there is no more G'Kar. That pretty much puts the brakes on any future live-action productions.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
DEFIANT
Joystick Jedi

Post by DEFIANT »

I remember reading the actor passed away in 2006 from lung cancer, I believe. It's really too bad too, Gkar was a great character.

There was a new movie planned "The Memory of Shadows" but was cancelled in 2005. It would of connected to the short lived TV series Crusade. There still trying to dig up money for it giving possibility it may yet be produced.
[img]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2365/pirateuserbartv2.jpg[/img]
E=mc²
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." -V
[url=http://sc2.sourceforge.net/]The Ur-Quan Masters[/url]