2Xsal/supereagle engines for VLC or MPC (video playback)

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

Matthieu

2Xsal/supereagle engines for VLC or MPC (video playback)

Post by Matthieu »

Hi

I used to be quite a 16b videogames player and i was so amazed by the quality of the image render as 2xsal and super eagle engines. The nice polish it gives to an image is quite awesome. Now, i dont quite know if anyone ever thought of this, but those filters should go a step further by being useable as media player video filter and to render to a hd television ehy not. As, when i am watching a divx video and that it stretches its render to fit my 1280 pix wide on my screen, it makes the compression squares even more visible... But i am pretty sure that with an engine as 2xsal, i wuld get a better quality. The best in all this is that both videolan's vlc and media player classic are open source so someone quite aware of the code world's maners could probably bridge up both softwares so it makes a wonderful software that, if it gives a nice render as expected, could be enjoyed by hundred millions of pixels thirsty people! :)

I'll leave the thread as it is, may come back after a great while so i see if it made some brains sparkling:)

Cya

-Matt
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

This has nothing to do with ZSNES. Moving.

Tear this one apart if you want, guys.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

*takes the thread by the top and rips it apart into little pieces*
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: 2Xsal/supereagle engines for VLC or MPC (video playback)

Post by grinvader »

I'll leave the thread as it is, may come back after a great while so i see if it made monkeys sprout of your ass

or got crushed
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

kibbles and bits kibbles and bits
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I'll actually give a serious, if derisive, reply.

First, the filters you're asking about don't work well with complex images. They're designed for simple images with well-defined edges and a limited number of colors.
They'll be horribly horribly lost if you turn them loose on live-action video full of compression artifacts

Second, they suck balls.
Even on SNES and Genesis games, they look horrible most of the time. You have no taste.

Third, just rub Vaseline all over your screen. You'll get much the same results.

Fourth, the 2xSAI filter source is available. Add it to the video player yourself. It should be a simple cut-and-paste job.

If you're particularly thin-skinned, just read 1 and 4.
The fact that I'm throwing out the good ol' "it's open-source so do it yourself" argument shows exactly how dumb I think this is.
Matthieu

Post by Matthieu »

o_O

It realy takes a bunch of nutheads to see the supereagle and 2xsal engines as crap. It gives a verry nice render over those 320x240 images. And what, even the newest ps, nds, and a lot ofher i guess, emulators uses these as the many other render engines... I came here to spell my idea only koz its about the realy first emul;ator i see using the filter... Fuck off. I'm out. And gon try to unregister the forum as hard as i can. Farwell. Idiots
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

steve walks wearily down the street with his brim pulled way down low

also, good luck deleting yourself from the forums. I've never seen a forum do that.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Matthieu

Post by Matthieu »

I realy had to add this: i talk ideas for fucking free. I ask no one for any damn reward or nothing. I know the way of mind: you throw an idea somewere and whoever finds it nice do it as if it was his own. So thats why its free. Koz anyway nobody cares. And anyway, i saw some lcd tv that gave an image render nearly as these filters are. With average pixels and all. It kinda sucks, but its still better than stupid mpeg encoded video with splats and tars all around the image.

And yeah.. i seen nothing like "delete my account" anywere.

Truly, this forum is crap.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Well no one asked you to stay now did they?

also, once again (in case you didn't see it in your whiny emotears thread to delete your account):

WELCOME TO THE ZSNES BOARD

please enjoy your stay.
NSRT here.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Wow, only a couple of replies and he starts crying. Pathetic.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

"unregister the forum as hard as i can"

This made me laugh.

And I love how he thinks he's doing the world a great service by offering a totally unworkable idea for video playback FOR FREE on an emulation message board.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

anyhow, why people prefer blurr-ing things anyway?
Second, they suck balls.
...., they look horrible most of the time. You have no taste.

..., just rub Vaseline all over your screen. You'll get much the same results.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

i am sick and tired of crystal clear 720p hdtv rips

someone, get me my ntsc filter from the zsnes (btw i'm too stupid to learn the name of the emulator), and stick'er in mah vlc.

MOAR JPEG
Mattchew wrote: Truly, this forum is crap.
you're....crap
why do you always hurt me? you know i can't quite you, but you just keep hurting me. my heart can only take so much. please. stop.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

1) It's not our responsibility to implement filters in other apps... you are supposed to do that yourself.

2) Those filters are designed for lowres images in mind.. movies are in high res... so it's a lot more effort and a completely worthless idea in general if you can't figure out why you are being insulted so badly.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

Kos anyway nobody cares.
I bring the trouble.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

This reminds me of that guy who wanted the NTSC filter for use in Windows...
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Make me an NTSC filter for my hat, NOW!
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

blackmyst wrote:This reminds me of that guy who wanted the NTSC filter for use in Windows...
Wow. Gee, and I thought people calling in to AT&T Wireless demanding full credit for an overdue bill that's $7000 that the customer was fully aware of. But an NTSC filter for Windows tops it off.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Gee, and I thought people calling in to AT&T Wireless demanding full credit for an overdue bill that's $7000 that the customer was fully aware of.
um, care to complete that thought?

you'd get blasted for stupidity a lot less if you bothered to read what you type before you hit the "post" button.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

odditude wrote:
neo_bahamut1985 wrote:Gee, and I thought people calling in to AT&T Wireless demanding full credit for an overdue bill that's $7000 that the customer was fully aware of.
um, care to complete that thought?

you'd get blasted for stupidity a lot less if you bothered to read what you type before you hit the "post" button.
All the more reason for me to wonder why the admins of this board won't either write a phpBB2 module for it themselves, or upgrade to phpBB3.
I am of course referring to the "friends and foes" system.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

lurk a bit moar

none of the forum admins here have the access to make sweeping board changes.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]