flaming

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

I dislike the precise method with which someone (who I have never met) masturbates, so I am going to create several posts whining about it over a period of a few months.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

well, some of us still waiting for the advent of ASNES
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Image Image
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Franky wrote:Yes, I called you egocentric, something that byuu is not.
The point is, there's no right way to do things. Byuu is doing what he thinks is best. Grin, dl2, nach and co are doing what they think is best. Meanwhile, you're doing nothing and bitching about their ways.
Actually we're pretty much all egocentric in our specific ways. Else we wouldn't do what WE think is best, but what other people think is best.

ohshi a srs reply lawl gotta cancel that with magic pixie farts

also dropkicks
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

grinvader wrote:
Franky wrote:Yes, I called you egocentric, something that byuu is not.
The point is, there's no right way to do things. Byuu is doing what he thinks is best. Grin, dl2, nach and co are doing what they think is best. Meanwhile, you're doing nothing and bitching about their ways.
Actually we're pretty much all egocentric in our specific ways. Else we wouldn't do what WE think is best, but what other people think is best.
No, most people are just people. They have their opinion, and they do what they like, but they will generally accept other people's opinions; they have an ego, but this does not necessarily mean that they are egocentric. I define egocentricity as the reluctance to accept the opinion of others, if said opinions aren't compatible with your own. I have my own personal beliefs (and believe me, very strong beliefs) on matters, and I have my own way of doing things, but some people will disagree with me; and that's totally cool. If I were to reject other people's different opinions, mocking them and trying to force my own opinion on them, I would be egocentric; and this is exactly what h4tred does. I don't do this, nor does byuu, you, and most people in most places.

It's in the name: egocentric.

But since these people probably disagree with other opinions anyway, I suppose (with my definition) that even though they will accept that some people are different, they are technically "egocentric" to some tiny degree. So I guess you have to think of it as an order of magnitude, treating little egocentricity as "none", because it's only minor, and take anything above a certain threshold as "definitely" egocentric; h4tred crosses this threshold with ease.

I'm actually going to create a new motto:
"It takes opinion, the result of an ego, to create an open mind".
Ironic huh?
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

holy.....

/closes door

/opens it a bit

where is the love these days?
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
darkbenny
Box Car Superhero

Post by darkbenny »

wow, i missed out on something
bringing Zsnes back
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Clements wrote:I dislike the precise method with which someone (who I have never met) masturbates, so I am going to create several posts whining about it over a period of a few months.
i am fully expecting a new thread on this
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

sweener2001 wrote:
Clements wrote:I dislike the precise method with which someone (who I have never met) masturbates, so I am going to create several posts whining about it over a period of a few months.
i am fully expecting a new thread on this
indeed, precise method of masturbating .vs. optimized method of masturbating :lol:
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Behold!

Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

excuse me wtf r u doing
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,
Rashidi wrote:well, some of us still waiting for the advent of ASNES
Yeah, keep waiting for it :twisted: .

Btw, did I ever mention that I absolutely LOVE ZSNES boards? Can't stop laughing which I haven't had in a few days.

stay safe,

AamirM
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

ndeed, precise method of masturbating .vs. optimized method of masturbating
Get a clue, you can get a precise method of jacking off while it being optimized for most pleasure. So, really..... :roll:
Byuu worries about getting emulation perfect first, making readable code a priority, and optimization a later priority.
Why not do both? Blargg knows how, so byuu has no fucking excuse! Unless he is of less caliber compared to blargg, who we all know is a C++ god (the person probably knows the C standards off by heart too).

Though, personally I would love to see the fucktard's response.
yay rage
Indeed. Glad your having fun.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Btw, did I ever mention that I absolutely LOVE ZSNES boards?
Good, now why don't you go back in that terrorist hole were you belong. Yes, you know what I am talking about.....
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

It seems that you just hate byuu because he disagreed with you a few times; that throws rationality out of the window, so I'm done listening to you.
I hate byuu because of the atrocity that person created. Really, the person cares about code clarity THEN optimization (WITHOUT hacks) is at the backseat. So really, the person can go fuck themselves. I tried my best to be tolerant, but nooooo, the person goes out of their way to piss me off.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

triple post-z0r
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Jesus christ h4tred is a bigger idiot than I thought

grinvader you should've banned this nick too when you had the chance

also yes it does make sense to have code clarity first, then whenever the SNES is fully emulated, optimize later.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

h4tred wrote:...but nooooo, the person goes out of their way to piss me off.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Yes, and you are even a bigger one for responding to a idiot. Now, how does that make you look?
grinvader you should've banned this nick too when you had the chance
Yes! Purge all the filth on this forum! (and yes, I am being serious and not sarcastic)
also yes it does make sense to have code clarity first, then whenever the SNES is fully emulated, optimize later.
Didn't you read a word I said? It is possible to do both: have code clarity AND find smart algorithms that are optimized.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

h4tred wrote:It is possible to do both: have code clarity AND find smart algorithms that are optimized.
Nope.

Don't worry, I'll spell it out for you.

1. Code clarity = algorithms behave close to the emulated hardware.
2. Optimized code = algorithms don't behave close to emulated hardware, but go out of their way to achieve the results in a much different way that is fast to execute for the emulating hardware, but obscures how the emulated hardware actually works.

Note: making an emulator more accurate requires method 1.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

...You obviously didn't read what I wrote.
This nice article explains the gist of what I am saying:
http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/articles/optimization

And to be more precise:
This article deals with two approaches that achieve the same end result, bit-for-bit.
Thus, emulation is not affected.
(Ironic that it comes from a person that I hate, but it explains what I mean

Oh well, who can blame someone who is the spawn of Hitler? :roll:
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

h4tred wrote:Oh well, who can blame someone who is the spawn of Hitler? :roll:
I didn't know you were the spawn of hitler oh wai---

SIEG HEIL
h4tred wrote:
Yes, and you are even a bigger one for responding to a idiot. Now, how does that make you look?
I now stand with all those who have responded to you ITT so far. Besides, it makes you look like the dictator by pushing that all your ideas are right and everyone else is wrong
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
byuu

Post by byuu »

creaothceann wrote:1. Code clarity = algorithms behave close to the emulated hardware.
2. Optimized code = algorithms don't behave close to emulated hardware, but go out of their way to achieve the results in a much different way that is fast to execute for the emulating hardware, but obscures how the emulated hardware actually works.

I believe you can get the same level of accuracy with both approaches. The former simply requires a lot more skill. Once you've highly optimized something, it's very difficult, at least for myself and outsiders, to quickly understand that code again and make large-scale changes when new findings invalidate old beliefs. It also requires a much larger time investment ... time I do not have.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: AamirM, blargg, Marty, sinamas et al are amazing people who are far more talented at programming than I. I have nothing but respect for their software and approaches. Same for those who favor speed, such as the ZSNES team. In fact, anyone giving up their time and energy to give everyone something for free is worthy of my respect.

I'm sorry I can't please everyone. Since I work on bsnes alone, I use the model that works best for me. Though I always welcome contributions -- if anyone sees something they can speed up in bsnes without affecting accuracy, I'll be happy to apply their patches.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

oh wai---
Good you got the racism reference. You're learning.

I now stand with all those who have responded to you ITT so far. Besides, it makes you look like the dictator by pushing that all your ideas are right and everyone else is wrong
So what? They are my ideas and opinions, no one has to take them on board, but they will of course face my wrath and my badgering.

And I am no dictator. grinvader around here seems like the benevolent one around these parts.
I'm sorry I can't please everyone.
Its okay, shit happens.

Though I always welcome contributions -- if anyone sees something they can speed up in bsnes without affecting accuracy, I'll be happy to apply their patches.
As long as you screen them first and that they go well with your philosophy of "all abstracted, all self documenting, all whatever else" code clarity they will get in.

Uh huh. And what makes the outsider even consider contributing? As far as I am concerned, you can go fuck yourself.
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

h4tred wrote:
...You obviously didn't read what I wrote.
This nice article explains the gist of what I am saying:
http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/articles/optimization

And to be more precise:
This article deals with two approaches that achieve the same end result, bit-for-bit.
Thus, emulation is not affected.
Wrong again.

As I said, optimized code does also "achieve the results". The point is how the code is written: Ongoing research requires that parts of it must be changed and/or rewritten, which is much harder when the code is optimized for the target hardware.

EDIT: What byuu said.
h4tred wrote:Oh well, who can blame someone who is the spawn of Hitler?
Funny, considering that two of my grandparents had to migrate to Germany after the end of the war.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs