OH NOEZ, DISGAEA DOESN'T DISPLAY!!! :O

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

OH NOEZ, DISGAEA DOESN'T DISPLAY!!! :O

Post by franpa »

It plays, you can hear the music and stuff, but no picture! the picture is very dark static :( this is the first time I tried that game on my new TV. All other games work fine so far.

My TV is a 46" Samsung Series 6 650 TV (Full HD) and the console is connected via Component A/V (like it was before, with me old CRT TV)

It is usint 720x576i, I already tried running the TV in 4:3 mode, but that had no effect... I don't think I can force particular resolutions.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

lol sounds like you messed up the inputs try switching the video feeds and then change the replace the audio cable as needed.
class:Trolololo
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

other games work fine, so it can't be the cables connected wrongly.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Workaround to my problem -> http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disgaeah ... pid=589678

Kinda annoying that I have to use something else... now I just need a video router doohickey thing that does composite and component A/V.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

using component cables with a ps2 is by in large a waste.

buy an svideo cable and save the component for a ps3
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Same thing happens with ICO.

Personally, I don't think that using component cables with the PS2 is a waste. It's a huge step up over S-Video in terms is picture quality, and only a few games do not work right with component cables (although this has a lot to do with your TV as well)
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I aint getting a next-gen console any time soon, maybe in 6 months when i have enough $$$ ^_^" and it would be an Xbox 360 because my bro has one too, and I would be able to swap games with him and save money on games ^_^"

the difference between the xbox and ps3 visually, is not enough for 'me' to give a damn about, I'm not a graphics whore and both offer mostly the same games.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

very few ps2 games support progressive scan, which is what component cables are for.

franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Old TV never supported progressive scan, never had s-video inputs but did have component inputs (as well as composite), so it can't be only for Progressive modes :/

It 'may' have supported 240p but thats not commonly used it seems.

EDIT: I also can't be bothered buying an S-Video cable... waste of money, well maybe get one for the Gamecube if it supports S-video out? Australian Gamecubes don't have the pins for component A/V to work.

The Gamecube is very, very blurry when using composite :/
diminish

Post by diminish »

franpa wrote:Workaround to my problem -> http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disgaeah ... pid=589678

Kinda annoying that I have to use something else... now I just need a video router doohickey thing that does composite and component A/V.
If it is so, does switching Component Video Out to Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr from RGB in PS2 bios makes any difference for any game using your particular TV and component cable?
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

don't you have to enable component for it to display anyway? I had this problem when I first converted my PS2 to use component.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I can try changing it FROM component to RGB, I already changed that ages ago to component.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

funkyass wrote:very few ps2 games support progressive scan, which is what component cables are for.
god of war was amazing on my ps2 in progressive scan.

just sayin'.

and the difference between s-video and component in other games was minor but still noticeable.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

franpa wrote:I can try changing it FROM component to RGB, I already changed that ages ago to component.
I get no picture if my PS2 is set use use RGB instead of Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr when using component cables. I just wish European publishers would stop stripping Progressive Scan from most games that get here.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Agozer wrote:I get no picture if my PS2 is set use use RGB instead of Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr when using component cables.
That's what I tried to say. :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Sorry, I meant I could see how blurred the composite cable looks, since you do get one of them with your PS2. If it is too blurry or something then I can probably set up the game in the other room and let my parents watch my HD TV, I don't think they'd complain much ^_^"
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:Old TV never supported progressive scan, never had s-video inputs but did have component inputs (as well as composite), so it can't be only for Progressive modes :/
S-video is OLDER THAN component.

Component was thrown onto a lot of TVs that couldn't benefit from it after DVD caught on, because it was another "ZOMG AWESOME" bullet point.
Right up there with scanline velocity modulation and edge enhancement.

Most GOOD TVs have s-video, and have since before DVD and component video even existed.

Component is also only marginally better than s-video for a non-HD image.
In fact, the "green" line is IDENTICAL to s-video's luma line.
It just uses two separate signals for color data instead of s-video's single chroma line.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:S-video is OLDER THAN component.
Yea, I'm aware it goes Composite < S-Video < Component Video < HDMI
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Component was thrown onto a lot of TVs that couldn't benefit from it after DVD caught on, because it was another "ZOMG AWESOME" bullet point.
Didn't know that, cool to know at least :) Component also allows higher resolutions ^^" I believe you can use up to 1080i, you need HDMI for 1080p.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

franpa wrote:Didn't know that, cool to know at least :) Component also allows higher resolutions ^^" I believe you can use up to 1080i, you need HDMI for 1080p.
False. Component can do 1080p. It's just that your TV needs to support 1080p component.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

most 1080p sources require HDCP support, which component can't do...

Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:S-video is OLDER THAN component.
Yea, I'm aware it goes Composite < S-Video < Component Video < HDMI
Then why the fuck did you say old TVs had component video but not s-video?

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Component was thrown onto a lot of TVs that couldn't benefit from it after DVD caught on, because it was another "ZOMG AWESOME" bullet point.
Didn't know that, cool to know at least :) Component also allows higher resolutions ^^" I believe you can use up to 1080i, you need HDMI for 1080p.
A great many of the TVs that have component inputs can't do HD in any way shape or form.

Hell, most of them can't do progressive-scan SD. Or even a decent NTSC-spec image.
Hence why it's another retarded bulletpoint.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Ah, I meant old TV as in my old TV, not old TV's in general.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Hey, does the PAL SNES support component A/V? hell, does any SNES support it? I believe component A/V was made after the SNES.

Who makes component A/V cables for it, if it does support component A/V?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:Hey, does the PAL SNES support component A/V? hell, does any SNES support it? I believe component A/V was made after the SNES.

Who makes component A/V cables for it, if it does support component A/V?
No. The SNES doesn't support component.

Even the GameCube(the first nintendo system to be capable of component output... sorta) doesn't support component on the multi-out connector.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Thought so, Gamecube used an alternate digital out, for outputting component video and that is only featured on consoles made prior to may 2004.