Happy new year 2009!

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Happy new year 2009!

Post by adventure_of_link »

Here's to a new year, assuming you're in the Easten Time Zone!

Oh, and if you happen to be served by Time Warner Cable, Inc. expect to start the new year without anything Nickelodeon, anything VH1, anything MTV, comedy central, and Spike TV.

And if anyone's keeping track, there's now 19 days until Obama takes office, and 47 more till the start of full DTV.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Happy New Year to AOL, the butter king.
Last edited by Deathlike2 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
kode54
Zealot

Re: Happy new year 2009!

Post by kode54 »

adventure_of_link wrote:Here's to a new year, assuming you're in the Easten Time Zone!
The superior Pacific Time Zone has not passed into 2009 yet.
adventure_of_link wrote:Oh, and if you happen to be served by Time Warner Cable, Inc. expect to start the new year without anything Nickelodeon, anything VH1, anything MTV, comedy central, and Spike TV.
Lulz, and all over a 23 cent increase on the monthly bill.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

kode54 wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:Here's to a new year, assuming you're in the Easten Time Zone!
The superior Pacific Time Zone has not passed into 2009 yet.
Which is why I specified EASTERN, duh :P you didn't miss much in the first few seconds of the ball drop (assuming that's all taped and broadcasted for you guys) except dick clark frenchin a woman.

Also, here's the other article: http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?s=9602253 (dunno if there's any difference, didn't bother checking it)
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

huh what its already a new year? what the hell happened to 2008 o_O
class:Trolololo
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Happy New Explosive Year!

So far many firecrackers, rockets, cherry bombs and homemade bazookas. The funny thing is that they are all illegal. Oh and there where legal fireworks too.

The sweet smell of gunpowder fills the air!
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Fuck, if it was the year 2198943785, I'd always forget what year it is!
Another year... ahwell, I guess the holidays are over, and that I'll have to get back to work (i.e college). Shit, man.

And what better way to start off the year with two fucking hard maths exams (well, the first one is easy, but the second is kind of hard).

I've just got up. It's 08:46. I couldn't find my alarm clock so last night I used the Windows XP task schedular + vlc to play "Rage Against the Machine - Wakeup" at 08:30 (at full volume, AND full bass(I have a subwoofer)). It actually made me jump out of bed. I feel crazy.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

It still amazes me that people care about something so superficial. At least for a birthday, you're celebrating yourself, and you managed to survive yet another solar cycle in this very tough world.
adventure_of_link wrote: Oh, and if you happen to be served by Time Warner Cable, Inc. expect to start the new year without anything Nickelodeon, anything VH1, anything MTV, comedy central, and Spike TV.
People actually still watch cable? Beside old fogies I mean?
adventure_of_link wrote: And if anyone's keeping track, there's now 19 days until Obama takes office
If he makes it into office. A lot of crazy stuff can happen in 19 days.
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Post by creaothceann »

Yeah, but isn't that what the SS is for?

Anyway, a Happy New Year from me, too! :P
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

creaothceann wrote:Yeah, but isn't that what the SS is for?
Yeah of course, but President's have been murdered before. Or he could get into an accident, or have a stroke, who knows?

Nobody can guarantee who anyone will be the next of anything.

As we say "it's not over till it's over", or "one in the hand is worth two in the bush".
May 9 2007 - NSRT 3.4, now with lots of hashing and even more accurate information! Go download it.

Nach wrote:
It still amazes me that people care about something so superficial.
Well, consider that all of Louisville, KY, Pennsylvania, PA, Malaysia, China, and even a dude in Dublin, Ireland didn't care this year due to the bad economy
NSRT here.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Nach wrote:People actually still watch cable? Beside old fogies I mean?
What are the kids watching these days, YouTube feeds?
Aaron
Lurker

Post by Aaron »

Nach wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote: Oh, and if you happen to be served by Time Warner Cable, Inc. expect to start the new year without anything Nickelodeon, anything VH1, anything MTV, comedy central, and Spike TV.
People actually still watch cable? Beside old fogies I mean?
The only channels I ever watch nowadays are Discovery Channel, the History Channel, and Nation Geographic. Everything else seems to suck.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Happy New Year! I managed to stay up until 6:30 in the morning today.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I arrive at 10am today to my home, drunk as hell, my parents were preparing the house because we were having (currently in progress as I type this post) party with tacos and stuff.

Happy new year to the ZSNES BOARDS.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

HAPPY NEW YEAR BOARDS OF ZSNES
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

to start off the new year, I installed ubuntu on my gaming machine and my god it kicks ass!

p.s. I'm downloading off usenet at 3.5MBps. my old machine running XP would get 500KBps off the same server.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
Nach
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Nach »

kode54 wrote:
Who said they're watching anything?

Although from what I can tell, many more people are buying series on DVDs, or downloading the latest episodes of cable shows online.

A couple of weeks back, I come to work, to find several of my coworkers all discussing the previous night's episode of Law & Order, and how it's crazy the show is starting to carry over significant details from one episode to the next. Yet only one person in the entire group discussing the matter even owns a television.

Post by ZH/Franky »

Oh crap, it's no longer new years day. I'll have to wait another 31449600000 milliseconds then.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Ohshit I missed it. Happy late newyears, board d00ds!~ D:
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

happy easter or something
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Nach wrote:
kode54 wrote:

Although from what I can tell, many more people are buying series on DVDs, or downloading the latest episodes of cable shows online.
Yeah, I watch a lot of shows on DVD, but I do watch cable while I eat my lunch.
Nach wrote:A couple of weeks back, I come to work, to find several of my coworkers all discussing the previous night's episode of Law & Order, and how it's crazy the show is starting to carry over significant details from one episode to the next. Yet only one person in the entire group discussing the matter even owns a television.
And for that, I have a 46" LCD TV. And a PS3 for streaming the occasional downloaded content. Much better than sitting in front of my computer to watch stuff.

Considering that the cable television is more expensive than the cable internet service, I could probably live without the cable television, if I had to pay for it myself.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

kode54 wrote:
Nach wrote:
kode54 wrote:

Yeah, I watch a lot of shows on DVD, but I do watch cable while I eat my lunch.
Nach wrote:A couple of weeks back, I come to work, to find several of my coworkers all discussing the previous night's episode of Law & Order, and how it's crazy the show is starting to carry over significant details from one episode to the next. Yet only one person in the entire group discussing the matter even owns a television.
And for that, I have a 46" LCD TV. And a PS3 for streaming the occasional downloaded content. Much better than sitting in front of my computer to watch stuff.

Considering that the cable television is more expensive than the cable internet service, I could probably live without the cable television, if I had to pay for it myself.
I hope that the PS3 will support more codecs and the .mkv container... I always try to watch my downloaded stuff on my 46" LCD Tv. I guess that you also have a 1080p like me.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Yup, 1080p. And for formats unsupported by the PS3, both TVersity and PS3 Media Server can transcode to something which is supported. TVersity uses DirectShow, while PS3 Media Server apparently uses mplayer and mencoder.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Horray, another year to waste my life away on these boards. I think it has been close to 7 years now.