WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Franky wrote: - Email Rockstar Games, asking if by any chance GTA4 Lost and Damned will also be released on PSN, and not just XBL (GTA4 Lost and Damned is an expansion pack for GTA4).
it probably will

after six months or a year.

or maybe it won't

the DLC is either 360 or MS exclusive

and it's much safer to assume to that people here know about new games. makes you look less stupid

------------------------------------------------------

and fable 2, going to enjoy knothole island, and get the rest of the achievements with a new character.

much smoother installed onto the HDD. lame it needs to be, but at least i can do it

and the persona series when i get around to them

have 2 downloaded, 1 is on its way, just picked up 4 today, and am going to be ordering 3 FES in the next couple weeks.

debating on whether i should bother going all the way back to the NES and playing through the original megami tensei games, as well.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

Meh got FFXI to work on... Also got Chrono Trigger DS

Eventually I'll work on Saints Row 2 Coop...
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

Surprisingly, I liked GTA: San Andreas a lot. The detail and size of the world is impressive (and HD Loader eliminates load times). Now I've in love with Resident Evil 4. I just finished the main game and loving all the extras it unlocks, and being able to go back through with all my old weapons.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

blargg wrote:Surprisingly, I liked GTA: San Andreas a lot. The detail and size of the world is impressive (and HD Loader eliminates load times). Now I've in love with Resident Evil 4. I just finished the main game and loving all the extras it unlocks, and being able to go back through with all my old weapons.
The only good grand theft auto game on PS2 is GTA:3 and GTA:Vice City (the best one is GTA:3).
San Andreas is just a huge peice of cheese (so are Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories).
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

you can't say only to describe a singular object, and then say more than one thing
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Franky wrote:San Andreas is just a huge peice of cheese
no u
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

blargg wrote:Surprisingly, I liked GTA: San Andreas a lot. The detail and size of the world is impressive (and HD Loader eliminates load times). Now I've in love with Resident Evil 4. I just finished the main game and loving all the extras it unlocks, and being able to go back through with all my old weapons.
I loved RE4 too.

I've got the GameCube version, for superior grafix zomg!111.
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

I was wondering how the graphics compared between the PS2 and GameCube versions. I figured the latter might be better, as the PS2 ones look kind of crappy, especially in parts with mist. But I doubt I'd be able to give up HD Loader speeds.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

blargg wrote:I was wondering how the graphics compared between the PS2 and GameCube versions. I figured the latter might be better, as the PS2 ones look kind of crappy, especially in parts with mist. But I doubt I'd be able to give up HD Loader speeds.
Yeah. It's not so bad in most places, but the PS2 had to scale a lot of stuff back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qz0LbKpZtI
The last 2 scenes are pretty dramatic differences.

I don't recall loading being much of an issue on the 'Cube version, really.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

i has it on wii

i was late to the party

but i don't miss the headshot
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

The best RE4 version is on Wii.
All of the extra features the PS2 version has compared to the GC version, but none of the inferior PS2 graphics; same graphics as the GC version. But get this: wiimote. You actually aim, instead of moving a god-damn axis around.

Those blue medallions are a bitch on the PS2/GC version.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Franky wrote:Those blue medallions are a bitch on the PS2/GC version.
No, those are easy as hell.

(owns the PS2 version)
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Franky wrote:The best RE4 version is on Wii.
All of the extra features the PS2 version has compared to the GC version, but none of the inferior PS2 graphics; same graphics as the GC version. But get this: wiimote. You actually aim, instead of moving a god-damn axis around.
Personally, I find the Wiimote frustratingly imprecise in Metroid Prime 3.

Maybe if RE4 Wii features a calibration sequence so it actually knows where it's aiming...

And I'm not sure the PS2 version added anything really worth rebuying the game.

A retcon replay mode, and a laser that kills stuff in one hit?
We've already GOT the infinite rocket launcher.

And in exchange, we get real-time cutscenes instead of pre-rendered, so Leon doesn't change clothes every time a movie starts. :P
(May be fixed for Wii? I dunno.)
Not really. If you can't work a thumbstick, you shouldn't be playing games.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I was more frustrated in RE4 regarding leon always using the default handgun.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html
Eversion - A cool indie game (by the creator of Zeux's World) with a dark secret.
To "evert" you need to find areas in levels where the background colour will fade and the music will dim. This should help you understand what eversion is.

I've reached level 6 fairly easily, level 7 kinda borders on insanity :/
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Franky wrote:The best RE4 version is on Wii.
Personally, I find the Wiimote frustratingly imprecise in Metroid Prime 3.

Maybe if RE4 Wii features a calibration sequence so it actually knows where it's aiming...

And I'm not sure the PS2 version added anything really worth rebuying the game.

A retcon replay mode, and a laser that kills stuff in one hit?
We've already GOT the infinite rocket launcher.

And in exchange, we get real-time cutscenes instead of pre-rendered, so Leon doesn't change clothes every time a movie starts. :P
(May be fixed for Wii? I dunno.)
Not really. If you can't work a thumbstick, you shouldn't be playing games.
I used the classic controller throughout the entire game. It's not becuase wii aiming is so hard but because I had hardmodded my body to react a certain way and I couldn't shake it. Also I enjoyed the levels I missed in the PS2 version but since they were made for the PS2 version all those levels kind of have that "I wasn't made for gamecube and only had half the polys" look to them.

Joe Camacho wrote:I was more frustrated in RE4 regarding leon always using the default handgun.
eh? he uses whatever you last have him equipped with..... I'm not following.

They said they used half the poly's on Leons model in the PS2 vs the Wii version. The gamecube version was fantastic, I would still rate it the best, although there is nothing wrong with the Wii port and it has extra features, you just have to use the wii + nunchuck or the classic controller and I prefer the gamecube controller.

The load times are negligible on the Gamecube and it just looks great, can't speak a ton for the PS2 build but from what I've seen it's certainly a step down.

I prefer joystick to wiimote myself, especially using both joysticks with the sniper rifle, one to zoom, one to aim, it's like the best sniper feeling ever. analog zooming for the win.
Last edited by Panzer88 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Not really, in cutscenes he always uses the default gun, the one that springs to mind right now is when he falls into the spike pit.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Time to bring this back on track:

1) UT99
2) Mother 3
3) Wii Sports
4) Wii Play
5) Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
6) Zelda: A Link to the Past
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Damn Link you're busy.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Panzer88 wrote:The gamecube version was fantastic, I would still rate it the best, although there is nothing wrong with the Wii port and it has extra features, you just have to use the wii + nunchuck or the classic controller and I prefer the gamecube controller.
You can use the GameCube controller in the Wii port. Seriously, go ahead and plug a GameCube controller in.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

All things considered, the PS2 port is extremely well when you think about the hardware involved.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

snkcube wrote:
Panzer88 wrote:The gamecube version was fantastic, I would still rate it the best, although there is nothing wrong with the Wii port and it has extra features, you just have to use the wii + nunchuck or the classic controller and I prefer the gamecube controller.
You can use the GameCube controller in the Wii port. Seriously, go ahead and plug a GameCube controller in.

DAMMIT am I a freaking idiot. They should really print that stuff on the back of the box, I actually READ that!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Printing the whole manual on the back cover brings issues for the nearsight-challenged.

RTFM dammit
Panzer88 wrote:Damn Link you're busy.
He still sucks at LttP, mind you.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

grinvader wrote:
Panzer88 wrote:Damn Link you're busy.
He still sucks at LttP, mind you.
Explain yourself
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Panzer88 wrote:
snkcube wrote:

DAMMIT am I a freaking idiot. They should really print that stuff on the back of the box, I actually READ that!
I borrowed my brothers Wii a few times before, may borrow it again soon ;) I too thought you had to specifically buy a Nintendo Wii Classic Gamecube Controller.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64