hahaha oh god, ps3 fanboys are the most pathetic of them all

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

blackmyst
Zealot

hahaha oh god, ps3 fanboys are the most pathetic of them all

Post by blackmyst »

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4586.html

The comments are especially painful.

There's already a parody, too:

http://www.destructoid.com/edge-s-let-s ... 1172.phtml
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

Oh man, tapping on boxes sure does sound fun.
FirebrandX
Trooper

Post by FirebrandX »

Notice how people generally think the system they don't invest in always has the worst fanboys?

Having owned systems from all 3 of the current major companies as well as systems from Sega and Neo Geo, the only constant I found is that ALL fanboys suck. The worst for years were Nintendo fanboys, but that was because they were in larger numbers.

Don't kid yourself blackmyst. For every ps3 fanboy you hate, there are plenty more on the other platforms just as equally disgusting. Dare I say you even sound one like yourself, if just for the shortsighted title of your topic. :roll:
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Hey typo man

Anyway, everyone already knows that all fanboys are fanboys that sucks

and the proper term is fanpeoples
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

FirebrandX wrote:shortsighted :roll:
lol oh you. Have you even read the page at the link? Read the countless comments too, for extra points.

I don't count myself in either the 360 or ps3 fan camp like you assume (hell I don't own either), but this kind of ridiculous bullshit seems to come only from ps3 fanboys lately. Maybe it's because they keep banking on one game to save their console, or something.

Anyway, it wasn't even the point to make a contest about it. Let's forget about that. Just look at the page and the comments and judge them on their own fantardilicous merits.

Franky: I hope you're not taking the second link seriously there. Then again, whatever.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

blackmyst wrote:Franky: I hope you're not taking the second link seriously there. Then again, whatever
Actually, I was making a joke about the original article, in reference to the parody article:
ZH wrote:Oh man, tapping on boxes sure does sound fun.
I want it now! Can't wait 'til that game is released. Tapping on Boxes sure does sound fun.
<obviously a joke>

I'm fully aware that the second link leads to a joke article (then again, the first one is a joke too). "Let's Tap" for Wii, also looks like crap.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

Let's not make this a typical zboard topic derailment full of useless crap or beside-the-point arguments for the sake of arguments. By that I mean shut up.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

I could bear reading it all, I stopped at "That... is.. a... lie.".

I also find it sort of coward to shit on an a review and don't bother link to it.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

blackmyst wrote:Let's not make this a typical zboard topic derailment full of useless crap or beside-the-point arguments for the sake of arguments. By that I mean shut up.
This thread was derailed the moment it was concieved. No problem in sight.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

games are usually rated in comparison to other games in it's genre and on it's system. As a party game lets tap might actually be better than most the worthless crap out there. I don' t know anything about Killzone so I won't pretend to but it's underwhelming compared to Call of Duty etc, I know that much, so it's not gonna get as high marks.

besides, who cared what someone else reviews something, you know your own opinion, so why would you care what other people think, it's just whiny insecurity and immaturity. Nothing new.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

ZH wrote:
blackmyst wrote:Let's not make this a typical zboard topic derailment full of useless crap or beside-the-point arguments for the sake of arguments. By that I mean shut up.
This thread was derailed the moment it was concieved. No problem in sight.
jesus christ, your reputation is well deserved.
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

meh Xbox360 fanboys are just as bad if not worse.
class:Trolololo
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

nope. those authors were much more literate than 360 fanboys, since they tend to be pre-pubescent tween boys. it's a huge reason i don't use live a lot.

the ps3 is still looking for the must buy game. mgs4 doesn't cater to as broad an audience as you think. neither does lbp. lair flopped hard. FFXIII and tekken went multi-plat.

they do have uncharted and motor storm, which are amazing; but for whatever reason, uncharted never became that app for the ps3. while motor storm is an excellent racer, the only racers that move consoles are GT and forza, really. probably mario kart, too, but the wii honestly doesn't belong in this discussion.

valkyria chronicles is too niche to be a killer app, same with disgaea. there still isn't a halo or gears or mario or zelda type game for the ps3. the killer app that WILL move hardware.

the edge review is the one low score, and that site is so full of fail for writing that article. kotaku writes that given the actual body of the edge review, that score is actually on par. i haven't read the edge review myself.

metacritic shows 8 100/100 scores. and another 33 between 90-99. an average of 92, with Edge's 70/100. and these guys throw up a monster article about one low score, while killzone 2 is probably one of the highest ranked games on metacritic? it's pure fanboy stupidity at its best.

and before anyone tries to get all high and mighty on me or this thread again, i actually own all 3.

ps: firebrandx is stupid in this thread
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

god of war 3 will do it even though those games just generally annoy me. regardless of multiplatform you know FFXIII is gonna push it, and FFXIII Versus is PS3 exclusive. Then it's only a matter of time timm Team Ico's game comes.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
FirebrandX
Trooper

Post by FirebrandX »

sweener2001 wrote:
Fuck you.

Anyway, I've read the all the posts about the review, the review itself, and I have to agree Edge was either doing it for controversy, or it was just a poor, biased review. A lot of people try the "opinion" argument, but it was clear some motivation other than opinion was in place. I can see why it pissed a lot of people off.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

You know what's stupid?

Trying to FIND the damn "review" and instead find sites and sites about this "biased" and "unfair" review. I had to get into Edge's site and find out it got a SEVEN out of TEN, which is still pretty good.

How can it piss someone off, can't they have fun on a game that doesn't score a perfect TEN?

"OH LOOK ALL THE OTHER SITES GAVE IT A TEN, WE MUST GIVE IT A TEN TOO!"

The only "bad" thing I read in that review was that "it felt like a multiplayer game with bots", and that it was "cliche for a genre", then again, it IS a FPS, that's a generic genre right there, it doesn't make it any less FUN.

Man, if gamers are getting their panties in a bunch for such a thing, we deserve all the flak we get.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Panzer88 wrote:god of war 3 will do it even though those games just generally annoy me. regardless of multiplatform you know FFXIII is gonna push it, and FFXIII Versus is PS3 exclusive. Then it's only a matter of time timm Team Ico's game comes.
the difference between god of war 3 and killzone 2 is that god of war is still like a year off.

FFXIII won't move near as many as it would if it were exclusive. i'm not buying it on ps3, and i have one. the game will move hardware, but the odds are better that it will move the cheaper hardware it's available on. and FFXIII Versus will move as much hardware as FFX-2 did. and Team Ico's game is in the same boat as God of War 3, it's not coming out in a couple weeks.

sony needed a killer app a long time ago, and pointing to future products that are slated for 2010 is not a strong argument.
FirebrandX wrote: Fuck you.

Anyway, I've read the all the posts about the review, the review itself, and I have to agree Edge was either doing it for controversy, or it was just a poor, biased review. A lot of people try the "opinion" argument, but it was clear some motivation other than opinion was in place. I can see why it pissed
a lot of people off.
ha

one 'maybe' biased review merits a ridiculous fanboy rant on a website in spite of a 92/100 metacritic? no.

and where is the edge review biased? on a 1-10 scale, 5 is average, and 7 is above average. are you saying that a near absent story in single player mode merits a higher score? you also can't just go, "it's poor and biased" and leave it at that.

they laud it's technical merits, AI, and multiplayer, and then ding it on single player experience. sounds about right to me.

here's the kicker, i'll probably buy it anyway. i've been looking forward to this game for a bit now, and it's nice to know in advance that single player will be lacking. doesn't mean the ride won't be fun. the first gears was a hoot, and i had no idea what was going on.

how stupid to accuse critics who are actually critical. with 8 100/100 scores, it's the people blanket 10-scoring the game that should come under fire. very few games can be actually be considered perfection, and i realize that a perfect score is usually symbolic, but a near absent story in single player has to be reflected in the score.

the idea is to try and find weak points, and put them out there. it's not like they were grasping at straws. the story is practically non-existent. kotaku's impressions article backs that up as well.

this is the same complex as mgs4. a venerated franchise comes out with a much anticipated sequel, the high scores are practically expected. doesn't change the fact that installs in the middle of the game and honestly terrible control schemes exist. it doesn't remove thirty+ minute cut-scenes. but the reviewers didn't even care about those shortcomings and instead were all, "zomg snake 10"

so either come back with backing statements, or shut up.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm not well versed in modern gaming, but reviewers these days try to sugarcoat stuff in order to keep getting the games.. instead of being objective.

Not all games are supposed to be perfect... allowing discussion of flaws hopefully to see improvements in future derivatives of the game...

Sometimes asskissing will get you more shitty games.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Deathlike2 wrote:I'm not well versed in modern gaming, but reviewers these days try to sugarcoat stuff in order to keep getting the games.. instead of being objective.
i miss EGM.

but EGM from hsu's days as editor. ubi gave them the cold shoulder after a few poor reviews on their games, assassin's creed especially. i don't think they even got review copies, they needed to get retail boxes, leading to late reviews. they certainly never saw another ubi preview feature.
Last edited by sweener2001 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

FirebrandX wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:
Fuck you.
Texus
Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

Post by Squall_Leonhart »

Fanpeoples are fail.... though you can't argue with the reasons not to get a FailBox360.... like seriously, the failure rate of the Xfail360 is still a major issue even with the new revisions of the XboxFail60.

Get what im saying?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
[url=http://vba-m.com/]VBA-M Forum[/url], [url=http://www.ngohq.com]NGOHQ[/url]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

i haven't heard anything about the jaspers failing like mad

but considering the excellent service you get compared to sony not fixing a guy's ps3 because it was too dusty, i'd take hardware that breaks and gets fixed over hardware that could break and won't get fixed.

naturally you'll find arguments on both sides. what's your point, besides trying to turn this into gamefaqs fanboy war?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

You're all idiots. The only truly good game system is the Studio 2.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

sweener2001 wrote:i'm not buying it on ps3, and i have one.
So i herd ur buying the RRoD edition.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

as opposed to the foreman grill, version, yea