Translation of Dragon Quest V for Playstation 2

Dejap's website appears to be defunct. This forum is now in archive mode.

Moderator: Dejap Staff

fernandoc1

Translation of Dragon Quest V for Playstation 2

Post by fernandoc1 »

I wanna know if there is a project of translating this game?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

This probably isn't the best place to ask. Find out for yourself @ http://www.romhacking.net

Supposedly, there is one though.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Hey the translation that Phantasian Productions are doing on Tales of Destiny 2 is not listed. Anyway I hope that they could do something about DQV because I want to compare it to the SFC version.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
DaMarsMan

Post by DaMarsMan »

I have most the hacking work done for the game. You can help out at our public translation wiki if you want to do some translating.

https://0wnag3.biz/mediawiki
Help translate DQ5 for PS2. PM me to ask how!
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Hey the translation that Phantasian Productions are doing on Tales of Destiny 2 is not listed.
That's because romhacking.net relies on submissions by users. You could always submit that translation, the authors will be given full credit.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Hyos wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:Hey the translation that Phantasian Productions are doing on Tales of Destiny 2 is not listed.
That's because romhacking.net relies on submissions by users. You could always submit that translation, the authors will be given full credit.
They have been cleaning up entries as of late AFAIK.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Hyos wrote:
With my poor English grammatical skills?
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

Deathlike2 wrote: They have been cleaning up entries as of late AFAIK.
I just read about this in their forums. It seems translations "In progress" are not added at the moment.
Neo Kaiser wrote:With my poor English grammatical skills?
Your English skills never seemed poor to me 8) I submitted four files until now and the descriptions I made were corrected by the admins, as all submissions must be approved before publication.
DaMarsMan

Post by DaMarsMan »

New main wiki site for Kojiro Translations....

http://www.kojiroland.com/dqwiki/index.php/Main_Page
isamu
Hazed

Post by isamu »

DaMarsMan wrote:New main wiki site for Kojiro Translations....

http://www.kojiroland.com/dqwiki/index.php/Main_Page
Hello DaMarsMan. :)

How are things on the project there bucko?

I really appreciate you initiating this task :)
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

I bet it will be abanoned if they bring DQ5 on the DS out here.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
byuu

Post by byuu »

badinsults wrote:I bet it will be abanoned if they bring DQ5 on the DS out here.
Well, they could still finish it, then keep it on the backburner for two or three years before releasing the finished version. It'd probably take that long to get the script translated anyway. That way, it wouldn't hurt sales of the DS game.

But let's be real, Square-Enix are a bunch of dicks. They probably won't bring the games out here because they'll only sell ~75,000 units per game. And clearly at ~$30 a game, that's only ~2.25 million dollars. And in order to make that, they'd have to translate a massive ~200kb script. That'd take at least a week or two of effort for one person! A staggering sum of $1,500 would have to be paid out for that alone! And then you have to take out production, licensing and store markup costs ... they'd only end up net profiting ~1-2 million dollars, and making 75,000 fans really, really happy. Screw that shit. Let's bring out another DQ Slime Knight Rocket Launcher Torneko Vendor Turbo Happy Collect Them All sequel instead! Or better yet, how about another remake of the original Final Fantasy? Hells yeah!

I know you won't; but please, please prove me wrong, Square-Enix. Please.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Hell, if the DQ remakes make it out here, I will buy them day 1. I still need a PS2 so I can play DQ8...
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Yeah, it's stupid how Square Enix never releases those games (*cough* Seiken Densetsu 3 *cough*!) in the US/Europe. And it's pretty dumb that they haven't, (and at this point, still seems very doubtful) nor do I think they will ever release/retranslate Star Ocean or Chrono Trigger/FF1-6 on the Virtual Console. Well, I hope at least someone releases a translation for Mother 3 someday.

PS - what's the link to the Mother 3 translation project?
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Squeenix doesn't exist.
They were summarily erased form history the day they announced Parasite Eve 3... for cellphones.
DaMarsMan

Yo

Post by DaMarsMan »

Yo everybody...

Project will not be canceled even if DS version comes. The PS2 version will still be better.

You can find DQ3 (SNES), DQ6 (SNES), and DQ5 (PS2) scripts for translation and revision on our wiki...

Dragon Quest Translations
r4v3d4nc3r#5k9

Post by r4v3d4nc3r#5k9 »

byuu wrote:
badinsults wrote:I bet it will be abanoned if they bring DQ5 on the DS out here.
But let's be real, Square-Enix are a bunch of dicks. They probably won't bring the games out here because they'll only sell ~75,000 units per game. And clearly at ~$30 a game, that's only ~2.25 million dollars. And in order to make that, they'd have to translate a massive ~200kb script. That'd take at least a week or two of effort for one person! A staggering sum of $1,500 would have to be paid out for that alone! And then you have to take out production, licensing and store markup costs ... they'd only end up net profiting ~1-2 million dollars, and making 75,000 fans really, really happy. Screw that s---. Let's bring out another DQ Slime Knight Rocket Launcher Torneko Vendor Turbo Happy Collect Them All sequel instead! Or better yet, how about another remake of the original Final Fantasy? Hells yeah!

I know you won't; but please, please prove me wrong, Square-Enix. Please.
Wow, you wish total and utter fail for this (possible) release and harbor evident dislike for Squeenix? Shameful! S-E needs to make back costs & approaches each project with an eye on the bottom line. If players want the game so badly, translate it yourself. Learn some Japanese. It ain't that difficult..
byuu

Post by byuu »

S-E needs to make back costs & approaches each project with an eye on the bottom line.
They promised it, took pre-orders and sent out letters to its subscribers about the game. It was advertised in all the major gaming magazines. I bought and played DW1-4 on the NES, despite the enormous difficulty of obtaining DW2-4 as a ten year old kid. I probably do feel a bit overly entitled to it, sure.

I'm glad I was wrong and they released DQ5 for the DS, and I've already purchased it; but it's still sixteen years after they initially promised it. I hope they don't abandon DQ6.
If players want the game so badly, translate it yourself. Learn some Japanese. It ain't that difficult..
I did exactly that: http://romhacking.net/trans/342/
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Wow, you wish total and utter fail for this (possible) release and harbor evident dislike for Squeenix? Shameful!
Wow, you think its shameful disliking a developer who only does things for profit? :roll:

Wow.....just wow.