Thanks for all your hard work.

Anything else related to bsnes goes there.
Talbain

Thanks for all your hard work.

Post by Talbain »

You probably don't get this enough (or maybe you do, I dunno), but thanks for all your hard work byuu. Thanks to everyone else who's made this emulator happen since its inception as well. I dunno if this kind of thread is allowed, but I figured it couldn't hurt for people to express gratitude for free stuff.
[url=http://lakuuna.org]Runaway.[/url]
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

I second that 8)
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

yes, quite.

*grabs a party hat*
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
byuu

Post by byuu »

Talbain, I thought you were all about SNESGT :P

And certainly, the vast majority of people I've spoken to have been amazingly supportive. I just have a bad habit of focusing on the negative sometimes. Something I'm working at.

Overall, things have been going great lately. SA-1 support turned out to be a breeze and nowhere near as painful as expected, Jonas fixed up DSP-3 support, the new UI and input drivers are fantastic ... and of course SPC7110 support from a few months back. Good times indeed.
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

byuu wrote:I just have a bad habit of focusing on the negative sometimes. Something I'm working at.
Yes, when saying something like the SuperFX isn't going to happen... just like SA-1 used to? Even though you might think it's impossible now, I have full confidence you can pull it off eventually. Try being more positive minded. And take a real break once in a while ;)
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

I concur with these statements.

Very thank you. 8)
byuu

Post by byuu »

ShadowFX wrote:And take a real break once in a while ;)
I really, really, really need to. I feel terrible for holding everyone up on FEoEZ progress. I'm just in a major down-funk with ROM hacking at the moment.

I also need a debugger for it. Can't use my usual ZSNES 1.42 DOSBOX, as I'll need to edit the graphics :/

Every time I tell myself, "I'm switching gears now", I end up going back and adding something like this ...
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

byuu wrote: I also need a debugger for it. Can't use my usual ZSNES 1.42 DOSBOX, as I'll need to edit the graphics :/
Perhaps a temporary debugger made for your own copy of bsnes would work. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about getting it to work on windows and linux.

I'm sure you've already considered this, but maybe at least this will give youan idea for something else.
FirebrandX
Trooper

Post by FirebrandX »

For me there is no comparison. bsnes is the best snes emulator by far. I can't stand to play any of the other ones because of poor sound emulation and/or display issues I don't like. Having both a real snes and bsnes, I find I prefer playing bsnes. Its come a long way in the past 4 years! Thank you, byuu!
NES NTSC palette file:

http://www.firebrandx.com/downloads/fbx2pal.zip
byuu

Post by byuu »

Sound should be great in all of them once blargg's core gets into the official releases. And I hear Jonas is doing amazing things with ZSNES' PPU emulation. So we should definitely be patient there.

You know, if anyone owes me a thank you, it's Intel. I figure I've helped them sell at least 2k Core architecture chips thus far. Someone should tell them to send me a complimentary i7 965 :D
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

byuu wrote:I also need a debugger for it. Can't use my usual ZSNES 1.42 DOSBOX, as I'll need to edit the graphics :/
Why not input the code for the SPC7110 chip (as well as the debugger) into ZSNES 1.42 DOS and go from there?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

byuu wrote:Thanks :D
OT, as many emulators as there are around here I don't know how anyone can simply be about one emulator at this point. :V

On topic, yes byuu, thanks for bsnes :D
I only have a cheap single core processor that I just had to re-paste but

bsnes runs well enough on it, I tend to frequent between all the emulators for different things
I can't say I really have the right specs for bsnes so it isn't the fastest emulator on my machine, but by that standard

I guess its the most accurate!
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

byuu wrote:I just have a bad habit of focusing on the negative sometimes. Something I'm working at.
Yay, I can ruin your day anytime. \^^/

Thanks for all your hard work, too.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

grinvader wrote:Thanks for all your hard work, too.
OH GAWD NO! GRIN GIVING COMPLIMENTS??!? WHERE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!111!1!
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
diminish

Post by diminish »

Thank you, especially because nowadays I use bsnes the most and get the best SNES emulation experience possible on my system. Please don't overwork yourself.
Talbain

Post by Talbain »

byuu wrote:Thanks :D

And certainly, the vast majority of people I've spoken to have been amazingly supportive. I just have a bad habit of focusing on the negative sometimes. Something I'm working at.

Overall, things have been going great lately. SA-1 support turned out to be a breeze and nowhere near as painful as expected, Jonas fixed up DSP-3 support, the new UI and input drivers are fantastic ... and of course SPC7110 support from a few months back. Good times indeed.
Hehe, I certainly do love SNESGT, but the work you've done for SNES emulation... well for the SNES emulation community is just... well words can't really describe it. I sort of feel that bsnes is the emulator that every emulator hopes to be one day. It has certainly brought back a lot of the community into SNES emulation I think, in the way that SSF brought back a lot of the Saturn emulation community.

I really enjoy bsnes because of cheat code support (to say nothing of how much I love the accuracy of the emulation--the sound and synchronization is BEA-UTI-FUL). The grind of the old games isn't really something I have time for anymore, so I prefer to be able to just sort of bump through some of that stuff. It's strange, but the games are a lot more enjoyable most of the time without all the excess grinding, even if they do tend to be much shorter as a result (though some games like Der Langrisser just get it right from the start and there's no need for this).
byuu

Post by byuu »

I really enjoy bsnes because of cheat code support
The idea for grouping cheat codes like that came from Nach, so he deserves the credit there. I just wrote the code for it :)

Another thing we've been thinking about was a(n online?) cheat code database. Load a game, click "find cheats" and it pulls in all the common ones, based on the games' MD5SUM.
(though some games like Der Langrisser just get it right from the start and there's no need for this)
Man, DL is almost unbearable without a fast forward key. The computer moves sooooo slow, and of course all that talking ... the endless talking ...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

disable video/audio syncing and let the game run as fast as possible...
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

Never mind byuu. I fix my end on log on the forum. I had password cap. :roll:
Last edited by Dullaron on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
Talbain

Post by Talbain »

byuu wrote:
I really enjoy bsnes because of cheat code support
The idea for grouping cheat codes like that came from Nach, so he deserves the credit there. I just wrote the code for it :)

Another thing we've been thinking about was a(n online?) cheat code database. Load a game, click "find cheats" and it pulls in all the common ones, based on the games' MD5SUM.
That sounds like an awesome idea. Alternatively you could take the approach that the NDS flash cards do right now, and just have an optional, downloadable cheat database that's added to by users and compiled every now and then.
(though some games like Der Langrisser just get it right from the start and there's no need for this)
Man, DL is almost unbearable without a fast forward key. The computer moves sooooo slow, and of course all that talking ... the endless talking ...
Hehe, I don't really mind it myself. As long as there's something happening in the game I feel like the game's "happening." It's more games like FFV that I feel stagnate at a certain point where grinding becomes required to progress.
CSMR

Post by CSMR »

FirebrandX wrote:For me there is no comparison. bsnes is the best snes emulator by far. I can't stand to play any of the other ones because of poor sound emulation and/or display issues I don't like. Having both a real snes and bsnes, I find I prefer playing bsnes. Its come a long way in the past 4 years! Thank you, byuu!
x2