Save file issue

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

english_language

Save file issue

Post by english_language »

I was playing Final Fantasy 3(JFFVI) and saved after I was done.

I came back and reloaded my save file, only to find it's the save file I made 15 minutes into the game. Granted I didn't get very far(and didn't steal Mog's equips so I was happy for a second chance at that at least), but then I saved after that, restarted the emulator, and found it' still only letting me load the 15 minute save file, despite me saving over it with the last save.

Anyone ever have this issue or know how to fix it?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Save file issue

Post by odditude »

english_language wrote:I was playing Final Fantasy 3(JFFVI) and saved after I was done.

I came back and reloaded my save file, only to find it's the save file I made 15 minutes into the game. Granted I didn't get very far(and didn't steal Mog's equips so I was happy for a second chance at that at least), but then I saved after that, restarted the emulator, and found it' still only letting me load the 15 minute save file, despite me saving over it with the last save.

Anyone ever have this issue or know how to fix it?
are you talking battery (in-game) saves, save states, or a mix of the two?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
english_language

Whichever save file you get from just booting the rom up and it takes you to the load game screen. I'm running through Chrono Trigger for a bit to see if the problem's just with the game.

I did move the rom to another folder after I first played it if that might effect it at all.
english_language

Huh, after I moved the rom to another folder, it seems a duplicate of FF3's srm file was made where I moved it from. Moving the data back seems to have fixed the problem of holding a save file.

Thanks.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Probably a file permission issue with the previous .SRM file.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

file permission issue
vista/7's woes?
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Or XP, if you are masochistic enough to run as a limited user. Because in XP, there's no UAC to elevate processes to Administrator level, just the RunAs feature, which is not the same. Also no virtual folders to reroute attempted writes to Program Files to somewhere actually writeable.