NullDC 1.6 speed too fast

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

NullDC 1.6 speed too fast

Post by neo_bahamut1985 »

Okay, I currently have Null DC 1.6 (which is, a very nice Dreamcast emulator) and my specs are as follows;

CPU - P4 3.2GHz
RAM - 1024MB
OS - Win XP Home w/SP2
Video - nVidia GeForce 7800 GT

The problem: the FPS count is too high (no FPS limiter..?) AND I can't make any in-game saves. BTW, I'm using ISOs for my games. Any suggestions?

Edit 10:28AM - Okay, I was changing the plugins, and decided to change the SPU plugin. Seems that thse nullDC SPU plugin has a speed limiting feature, so, the games now run normally (most 55-60FPS) but I still have the issue of not being able to save my game.
俺はテメエの倒す男だ! 宜しく! お前はもう死んでいる...
ReRuss
Trooper

Post by ReRuss »

just guessing here , but possibly you have to make a mem card file?

I cant say for sure , since I have an actual DC...

If you cant figure it out I could see about it later , hopeing I could run off a disc , otherwise I think I could find someway to run something that uses save function
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ReRuss/UBAR.gif[/img]
360 and PS3 - ReRuss
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

Man, you keep on confusing me with the version numbers. They're currently on 1.0.0 beta 1.6, not 1.6.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

Makes sure to enable VMUs for the controller plugin you are using via Options --> Select Plugins. The memory card files themselves are already included with nullDC.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

thanks snkcube, for a second I was having a heart attack that they had released a new version or 5.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

You need to go into the configuration screen and format the memory card before you can use it. After you have it inserted in with the controller plugin, boot the system with out a game. To do that go to cpu>start or you can just use normal boot then press cancel. Also some games are retarded and can only read the Memory card from the first slot in port A. It's best to just leave it in there so you don't have to think about changing it all the time.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

yeah, I got the needed files, so, all is well.
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Ah okay, cool. Guess I was a bit late as usual. : /

Annd just for the hell of it some Ikaruga screens I took.

ImageImage
ImageImage
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Okay, games like Grandia 2 work almost perfectly; the only issue is the controls. Isn't there any way to use a gamepad with it?
powerspike
Regular

Post by powerspike »

Yeah. Just change the controller plugin to joystick then select your controller in the maple menu. Also for some retarded reason I had to restart the emulator to get it to detect the button presses even when the controller was connected prior to starting it up.
neo_bahamut1985
-Burninated-

Hmm...I'll try that..

Edit 3:35PM - Okay, thanks for the tip!
Cyrus
Trooper

Post by Cyrus »

I know this is thread necromancy but for the future keep in mind that if there is no option to limit the frame rate in whatever you can always force it. The frame rate can only go as high monitor's refresh rate while vysnc is on. So set the monitor to 60Hz and enable vsync and the frame rate will be capped at 60. You might have to set the game to full screen, I don't remember if that can work while windowed.
soniku

Re: NullDC 1.6 speed too fast

Post by soniku »

Tick the checkbox for Sync Audio in the NullAica audio plugin. This should limit the fps to 60.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Congratulations on your necropost, this topic is almost 4 years old now.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

soniku wrote:Tick the checkbox for Sync Audio in the NullAica audio plugin. This should limit the fps to 60.
What up with Bahumat?
He was banned two years ago.

I'm PRETTY sure he's not still looking for an answer.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads