Super Mario RPG lags, any suggestions would be appreciated

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

VxLeSTaTxV

Super Mario RPG lags, any suggestions would be appreciated

Post by VxLeSTaTxV »

Hello, i have used Zsnes for a long while with much gratitude. Thank you all for your time, and the pleasure to actually use this software

My reason for posting is because Super Mario RPG is acting up on me. It may just be the game programming, but i think its faulty zsnes programming. Anyways, im posting here in the troubleshooting.

When characters speak the FPS drop from 60 to 50, sometimes lower, but always when someone talks. i wouldnt find this so annoying, but the sound laggs too, and makes the game feel more sluggish.

It is not my system

2.7 AMD athlon XP+
1 gig crucial 3200 RAM
Geforce Ti 4200 with agp 8x
90 gig hard drive

My system isnt the problem, and as i can tell, on this machine, Super Mario RPG is the only one that gimps out. All the other games run at 60, or 61 FPS with my setting in ZSNES. I wouldnt think the setting needed to be changed for this game if star ocean works just fine. Thats a big game

it is odd
Clements
Randomness

Post by Clements »

SMRPG has problems with the current SA-1 engine. Probably causing those slowdowns.
kenmasters1983

Post by kenmasters1983 »

i'm running half of what you got and i get full speed on mario rpg regardless of which setting i choose.

there is something wrong with your system maybe you need to do a Defrag or if your running winxp be sure to reboot it every few days..

also visit black vipers hack site for speed up tips when using winxp..
Magus`
Cap'n Gin | Admin

Post by Magus` »

kenmasters1983 wrote:i'm running half of what you got and i get full speed on mario rpg regardless of which setting i choose.

there is something wrong with your system maybe you need to do a Defrag or if your running winxp be sure to reboot it every few days..

also visit black vipers hack site for speed up tips when using winxp..
You could be using a different version, y'know.
ieremiou
Rookie

Post by ieremiou »

It could help if we knew what version of ZSNES you are using like a WIP or the last official version. Maybe then we could give a bit better view on this.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

If you have serious slowdowns, make sure you don't have System Restore enabled in XP.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.