Framerate drops on a good system

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Louie82y
Crushed by Management

Framerate drops on a good system

Post by Louie82y »

Hi all, sometimes the framerate on my games drops pretty badly. This happens when playing Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World. I use a resolution of 1920x1080, 4X HQ Filter, Hi Res Mode 7, and Triple Buffering. Yeah, some demanding settings but my system is:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

Happens in Donkey Kong Country sometimes too. Any settings I can tinker with to prevent this? For the most part though, it runs good. I just shouldn't have these kind of drops on my system.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Re: Framerate drops on a good system

Post by snkcube »

Which version of ZSNES is this?
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Louie82y
Crushed by Management

Post by Louie82y »

Latest Version: 1.51

Okay, it's a lot more worse, and frequent then I first described. It just happens at random really.
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

You probably don't need Hi Res Mode 7 enabled. Try using vsync and see if it helps.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Any other demanding processes running? A virus scanner or something perhaps? Have you noticed it with any other programs?
Grounder
Crushed by Management

Post by Grounder »

Louie82y wrote:Hi all, sometimes the framerate on my games drops pretty badly. This happens when playing Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World. I use a resolution of 1920x1080, 4X HQ Filter, Hi Res Mode 7, and Triple Buffering. Yeah, some demanding settings but my system is:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

Happens in Donkey Kong Country sometimes too. Any settings I can tinker with to prevent this? For the most part though, it runs good. I just shouldn't have these kind of drops on my system.
Quit bragging kid. My Pentium 4 never has any problems, you probably came here to brag. Go play some Crysis you jerk, some people aren't as fortunate as you.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

...what? Did you register just to post that?

Also, make sure there's no CPU frequency scaling stuff going on. That might mess stuff up.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Grounder wrote:
Louie82y wrote:Hi all, sometimes the framerate on my games drops pretty badly. This happens when playing Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World. I use a resolution of 1920x1080, 4X HQ Filter, Hi Res Mode 7, and Triple Buffering. Yeah, some demanding settings but my system is:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

Quit bragging kid. My Pentium 4 never has any problems, you probably came here to brag. Go play some Crysis you jerk, some people aren't as fortunate as you.
...troll.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Grounder
Crushed by Management

Post by Grounder »

adventure_of_link wrote:
Grounder wrote:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

...troll.
I may not run at 1080p, but I always have a good framerate; no probs.
Louie82y
Crushed by Management

Post by Louie82y »

snkcube wrote:You probably don't need Hi Res Mode 7 enabled. Try using vsync and see if it helps.
Just tried that, and it worked. My games are running flawless now, thanks.
Grounder wrote:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

W/e kid, hope you're having fun still playing Commander Keen in 2011.
Grounder
Crushed by Management

Post by Grounder »

Louie82y wrote:
snkcube wrote:You probably don't need Hi Res Mode 7 enabled. Try using vsync and see if it helps.
Grounder wrote:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

Enjohn playing your ugly Donkey County fames in 2011 Nobe Bryant. DKC is only 3 years newer bully.
Louie82y
Crushed by Management

Post by Louie82y »

Grounder wrote:
Louie82y wrote:
Grounder wrote:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

Enjohn playing your ugly Donkey County fames in 2011 Nobe Bryant. DKC is only 3 years newer bully.
Hhahah funny you don't even know me. Look, I'm on the school baseball team and I've gotten more uranus in a year then you'll get in your whole life buddy.
Last edited by Louie82y on Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grounder
Crushed by Management

Post by Grounder »

Louie82y wrote:
Grounder wrote:
Louie82y wrote:
Grounder wrote:

GTX 470
i5-760
4GB 1600 mhz RAM

Hhahah funny you don't even know me. Look, I'm on the school baseball team and I've gotten more uranus in a year then you'll get in your whole life buddy.
Nice excuse kid. I've played football in high school and I get pussy cats everyday fudder. You get more behind cus you screwattack men in the poopy, jackwagon.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

9/10
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

it's like they're fighting over who needs to compensate more O_o
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

it's like they're bored and playing Forum Trolling co-op mode.
Grounder
Crushed by Management

Post by Grounder »

Johan_H wrote:it's like they're bored and playing Forum Trolling co-op mode.
We're not trolling, we're in an argument. I bet the loser gave up anyway.
gibbums
Crushed by Management

Post by gibbums »

Grounder wrote:
Johan_H wrote:it's like they're bored and playing Forum Trolling co-op mode.
We're not trolling, we're in an argument. I bet the loser gave up anyway.
ghoy fellas your GAT rofl fellas got owned B)
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

What just happened? I first thought the guy with the commander keen avatar was retarded but I guess they're both retarded. I could barely follow their argument. :/
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Personally, I think they're BOTH someone's dummy account, registered for the sole purpose of acting out this grand farce.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Hmm. I don't understand why someone would do that? It's not really funny or entertaining, it just makes them look moronic. Do you think they really are that jealous of the hardware some people have and doing this skit in response to that or are they just doing it for the sake of doing it? I'd like to understand the motivation.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Personally, I think they're BOTH someone's dummy account, registered for the sole purpose of acting out this grand farce.
Grounder is gibbums. If Louie was also him, he got smart enough to reroute before posting.
paulguy wrote:Hmm. I don't understand why someone would do that? It's not really funny or entertaining, it just makes them look moronic. Do you think they really are that jealous of the hardware some people have and doing this skit in response to that or are they just doing it for the sake of doing it? I'd like to understand the motivation.
Bullshitting around is its own reason.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Grounder
Crushed by Management

Post by Grounder »

grinvader wrote:
Gil_Hamilton wrote:Personally, I think they're BOTH someone's dummy account, registered for the sole purpose of acting out this grand farce.
Grounder is gibbums. If Louie was also him, he got smart enough to reroute before posting.
paulguy wrote:Hmm. I don't understand why someone would do that? It's not really funny or entertaining, it just makes them look moronic. Do you think they really are that jealous of the hardware some people have and doing this skit in response to that or are they just doing it for the sake of doing it? I'd like to understand the motivation.
I'm not gibbums.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Grounder wrote:
grinvader wrote:
I'm not gibbums.
But I AM Batman. Don't mess with the world's greatest detective(who runs around at night beating people up while dressed as a bat for fun).
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

WHO IS YOUR GOD NOW
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome