WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Re: WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING THESE DAYS

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Just White Knight Chronicles and Xenoblade.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Neo Kaiser wrote:Xenoblade.
Ah, another game I shall never play because I don't import games, and I don't think I'll be buying any DL media just to burn it either. Or finding a USB hard drive to use with a USB loader, for that matter.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

deus ex: hr

it's pretty awesome. i'm only using stealth when it behooves me, otherwise i just kill everyone. i plan on being sneaky and more creative on subsequent playthoughs.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

I must run on ma ps3 :D
also WKC2 tomorrow.
class:Trolololo
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

deus ex was fun, although they don't make it super easy for you if you want it to be just a shooter. except the final boss fight. way easy compared to the one that preceded it.

also playing xenoblade: chronicles right now. it's a breath of fresh air for the jrpg.

i'm also like rank #420 in everday genius: squarelogic. that top 200 is just over that mountain.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Was cleaning up some old files, and found some games tucked away in a dark corner of my hard drive.

Long story short, been playing Meritous again.
http://asceai.net/meritous/
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

I've been playing knights of the old republic 2 over the last few days. I bought the game a few years ago, but this is the first time I've had a chance to sit down and play it. The game's really good so far, but there is just so much stuff to learn and do that I can see myself getting pretty immersed in it for the next month or so. The game is a little buggy, it has a tendency to crash every hour or so. But I have no idea if that's because of the game or because I'm running it off a "free" version of Last XP, that's running off my macbook through a "free" version of parallel desktop. Either way it's not too much of a hassle, I save pretty frequently, so I haven't had to redo anything at this point.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Was cleaning up some old files, and found some games tucked away in a dark corner of my hard drive.

Love that game. Great music too.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Was cleaning up some old files, and found some games tucked away in a dark corner of my hard drive.

Is it possible to scale up the game or make it bigger? Tiny window is kinda ffffff
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Heilongjiang

Post by Heilongjiang »

I've been living off of Tales of franchise energy for several months now.

I think it has become my absolute most favourite franchise of all time. Who even needs Final Fantasy anymore with the direction they're going?
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Heilongjiang wrote:I've been living off of Tales of franchise energy for several months now.

I think it has become my absolute most favourite franchise of all time. Who even needs Final Fantasy anymore with the direction they're going?
I used to claim I loved Tales.

Then they made more games, and I realized that I love Tales of Destiny. And Phantasia. But mostly Destiny.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Painkiller has lovely weapons and movement. I just wish it had good level design, and co-op, and maybe more interesting enemies.
diminish

Post by diminish »

BF3 Beta.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Heilongjiang wrote:I've been living off of Tales of franchise energy for several months now.

I used to claim I loved Tales.

Then they made more games, and I realized that I love Tales of Destiny. And Phantasia. But mostly Destiny.
I played through Tales of Innocence.

I do not recommend doing this.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I still want to like them, so I hope they bring xillia around here. Even around murkah would be fine by me.

Best is still eternia for me, by a short amount over phantasia (psx).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Currently Playing Ys Origin and WKC (Trying to plat it first).
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

xenoblade & catherine
皆黙って俺について来い!!

casualsax3
Veteran

Post by casualsax3 »

Xenoblade worth it?
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

i definitely think so, but i also want to hear what grin has to say about it.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I like it, despite me calling the main plot twist right in the fucking prologue. -_- Just too friggin obvious, although I'm far from done atm, so maaaaybe there's gonna be something unexpected.
There's also another obvious twist for the main protagonist, but I haven't really got that one down yet. Too many possibilities.

About the game itself, "so fucking much to do" sums it up nicely. It just barfs all over your hands with missions, objectives, sub-objectives, achievements (some of them are crazy).
Battle mechanics are very enjoyable and involve actual tactics (zomg !) which is pretty sweet for a realtime engine.
Most of the eq you'll use throughout the game comes from rare enemy drops (they're labelled as such, but the drop rate is high, especially at night - you'll drown in eq faster than you realise). You can boost eq with gems, either builtin ("unique" eq) or custom ("slotted" eq), the gems can boost a large amount of parameters, from base stats to status resistance, elemental damage, or tactical elements (like battle startup effects). No item levelling, but new enemies drop a constant stream of new eq, so just start killing new stuff to get better eq.
Music is fitting and enhances the experience. Most important characters have accents, somewhat thick at times, not that bad overall [YMMV]. Same with graphics, they are fine for me, but some people won't like them. WHORES *cough*.
Visible eq, btw. I think 3 light bulks, 2 medium bulks and 2 heavy bulks for each character, with palette swaps for different stuff. This applies per-eq part, and cutscenes use the ingame engine, so that's a nice touch.

Anyway, gotta play it more right now. The power of the monado compels me or smth.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

Xenoblade:

- Transitions from day to night so that people have different schedules during the day (reminds me of Brave Fencer Musashi).
- Respawn after death like nothing happened.
- 3 colored chests determine the rarity or importance of the item you will get (Wood, silver, gold)
- Like grinvader mentioned there's many sub-quests to do. Some subquests have a stop watch at the side who means you have to do them before a event and many quests can be done in different ways by choice affecting the rewards given and Affinity between NPCs.
- Affinity between characters affect the game play but I'm not clear how it actually plays out. By helping NPCs who have names you can change the affinity between them and I think this affect the items you can get them by trade.
- Like I mentioned above you can trade with NPCs by pressing X and the traded item has to be of equal or higher value.
- You can use items to complete collections. Fill 1 line and get a reward, fill the whole page and you can get a even better reward.
- You receive damage if you fall from a high place.
- You must be careful wondering around as very high level monsters roams the land together with the low level ones.
- Low level monsters will ignore you so it could be bad or good depending on you. In my case I feel more like a poacher killing innocent animals than a warrior...
- You receive XP by doing quests and mapping areas.
- You equip crystals to your gear's slots giving you better stats (FFVII etc.)
- You can create crystals from monster parts and I suck at this...

This is a true game that can be easily enjoyed and Nintendo is a dick for not bringing this to America.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Neo Kaiser wrote:- You receive damage if you fall from a high place.
Too high and you die. or not *blurb*.
Guess what two achievements are about.
- You receive XP by doing quests and mapping areas.
Also by killing stuff, obviously. You also get AP and SP to level your Abilities and Skills, respectively. Characters' abilities are unique, but they can share some specific skills when their affinity is high enough. Abilities are battle-time stuff, skills are typical passive buffs.
- You equip crystals to your gear's slots giving you better stats (FFVII etc.)
So mostly unlike FF7, since no materia gives you stat boosts aside from HP/MP, gems don't level, and there's no gem combo. You have between 0 and 8 slots to buff yourself, basically.
- You can create crystals from monster parts and I suck at this...
Not that hard, and obviously completely useless at the game beginning until you hit the last tier crystals and have your whole party chiming in for support bonuses.

60 hours in and not even past the obvious reveal hahahaha man i sure love dem quests
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Silensho
Eternal Witness

Post by Silensho »

Finished Earthbound a week ago and gave Dragon Warrior a try. Exploring and dying a lot.
What?
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

recently got orcs must die! it's a fun tower defense/action game.

trying to finally finish rainbow six vegas 2. i'm at the final battle. going through the backlog is always nice.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

was playing uncharted 3 today, and then my ps3 gave up the ghost. or so it seems for now. if i have to send this in, that'll mean i've had to send in each of the three current gen consoles. and sony's will be the only one i pay for.