Solid green bar on the bottom of screen

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Damned

Solid green bar on the bottom of screen

Post by Damned »

Whenever I play Legend of Zelda Parallel Worlds, a solid green bar appears at the bottom of the screen in the overworld. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Ok, I noticed it's happening in other games too and in different colors like solid blue or solid white. Is it because I have the custom resolution to 1280x1024 and I turned off the 4:3 ratio, would that have anything to do with it?

Also another question. I plan to move to Windows 7 64 bit in another month or so on a brand new machine. Would ZSNES 1.51 be compatible on it?
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Solid green bar on the bottom of screen

Post by odditude »

zsnes has no problems on win 7, x86 or x64.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

That bottom line thing makes me think of incomplete support for line 224. Nothing you can do anything about, sadly.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Damned

Post by Damned »

Really? That problem didn't occur in version 1.36, just this version 1.51. Is it some kind of regression? I need to use this version because SMW hacks are most compatible with this one.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

If it's the single line on the bottom like grinvader said, then it's probably not something you can do about.

Otherwise, it'd be helpful if you posted a screenshot.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Damned

Post by Damned »

Trying to but I can't seem to make a good one. The ZSNES screenshot maker just gives me this really small image that doesn't show the issue, and print screen isn't working (or I can't seem to get it to work).
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Damned wrote:Really? That problem didn't occur in version 1.36, just this version 1.51. Is it some kind of regression?
It's a progression in regards to proper emulation, although some TV sets ate that line with overscan.

Check that the screenshot has 224 lines. If it has, and the issue doesn't appear there, maybe it's a filter artefact.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Damned

Post by Damned »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02H7XFS6

This is the best I could do, you can see it at the bottom of the screen but it is cut-off a bit.

I'm not using any filters btw.

Last edited by Damned on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

megaupload? really? You could've used all kinds of things than megaupload. imageshack, photobucket, tinypic, imgur, etc. There's tons of them. Instead I have to wait 45 seconds then save the image and open it in an image editor. Completely inconvenient. And it would've been a simple web search for an image host.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Damned

Post by Damned »

Please only respond to the topic if you have something to say about the issue at hand, not to complain about the website I choose to upload stuff to.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Yeah, looks like the typical 224th line issue. However, the game's a hack, so maybe it comes from the game not setting the tile info for that line.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Damned wrote:Please only respond to the topic if you have something to say about the issue at hand, not to complain about the website I choose to upload stuff to.
thing is, it was probably the stupidest choice you made. doesn't make your case look good, either.

also, rom hack, like grinvader said.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Damned

Post by Damned »

Well thank you everyone who contributed to the topic. The romhack doesn't have this issue in 1.36, so I suppose it is indeed an emulator error.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Post by Johan_H »

Many ROM hacks don't even start on more accurate emulators or actual hardware.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Damned wrote:Well thank you everyone who contributed to the topic. The romhack doesn't have this issue in 1.36, so I suppose it is indeed an emulator error.
again, not helping yourself. unless you know for a fact that the rom hack is good to go on real hardware, it's the hack's fault.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Damned wrote:The romhack doesn't have this issue in 1.36
1.36 doesn't display the 224th line, but some games put things there.
皆黙って俺について来い!!