FFiv Help - No Continue Screen

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

KamboKid

FFiv Help - No Continue Screen

Post by KamboKid »

I have a really basic question in the FFiv game. I played the game for several hours over the weekend and I was trying to retrieve my progress. I do have the battery save, saved in the ROM folder (I'm assuming the same folder the game .smc is in) and it is also titled the same as the ROM.

However when I return to the game, I guess I should be seeing a 'Continue' option on the title screen and I'm not. The only button that works is the one that starts the game all the way from the beginning.

I have reassigned the keys, but nothing brings me to the screen where I can continue the game. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the .smc ( I downloased from another site and it still didn't work)? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've searched online and the forum and didn't come up with an answer.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: FFiv Help - No Continue Screen

Post by grinvader »

Check if you properly set the save directory.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Sessh
Rookie

Post by Sessh »

A good thing to do to avoid this is to do a save state every time you save in-game, just as a back up in case something goes wrong.

:mrgreen: <--- Wow, that's one of the smileys from a chat room I used to go to. They've really gotten around. lol
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Did you actually save in-game? If not, there are no saves to access.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

could be a cd-rom issue.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

sweener2001 wrote:could be a cd-rom issue.
Ha for a second there I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. But yeah, if your running your roms off of a cd/dvd and the save path is set to the same place, then saves aren't going to work. Also make sure your save path isn't set to a folder that has read only access.
Sessh
Rookie

Post by Sessh »

I had this same problem with the game "The 7th Saga" and no one really had an answer for it. Some games just don't like to work with the in-game saves. The problem just came out of nowhere, but like I said, use those save states. If you prefer the saving to be as authentic as possible, just use the save state when you're at a save point. It's the one thing I really love about the emulators and it's a terrible thing to waste.